Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Masters with no proctored examinations?
Ace_King Wrote:I was thinking of Liberty.. however the heavy stigma considering the whole "conservative christian school" is kind of pursing me away from Liberty. I am Catholic, but I love Liberty's format. I just dislike all the negative people who bash on Liberty's education because Liberty implements a lot of religious information in the courses, which I don't mind at all. Of course everyone's opinion might differ, which I perfectly accept! Or the employers who dislike Liberty due to that. Like I said, I still have Liberty on top of my list. Besides Liberty, I am looking for it to be online (obviously, heh) Master degree program, preferably a MBA.
Baylor, TCU, Notre Dame, etc. are "conservative Christian schools"... Liberty is in the "crazy" camp with Bob Jones, Oral Roberts, Regent, etc... There are plenty of conservative Christian schools in the US who can do a great job in educating students without encouraging religious zealotry and ideological purity.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

This made me laugh. I skipped over Regent's government program because the university was founded by the false prophet, Pat Robertson, and he's still alive. He always makes these predictions on his show that don't come true. It's kind of creepy. And he had the nerve to say that Presbyterians, Methodists, and another denomination harbor the spirit of the Antichrist.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Yanji Wrote:Baylor, TCU, Notre Dame, etc. are "conservative Christian schools"... Liberty is in the "crazy" camp with Bob Jones, Oral Roberts, Regent, etc... There are plenty of conservative Christian schools in the US who can do a great job in educating students without encouraging religious zealotry and ideological purity.

Yet Liberty is so beautiful, as a campus. The student life. The online environment. Yet it has to be so "crazy" to differ me to other schools.

Like this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep8MYANIv1Y

Bill Maher expresses his opinion on Liberty, Sanantone and Yanji your thoughts? Lol.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
And BTW, I don't mean to offend anyone at Liberty University. Like I said, I love Liberty's format. I am just so skeptical about it. So if any Liberty University grad students or even undergrad here on the forum, I don't mean to offend anyone with the Bill Maher link. I honestly don't even like Bill Maher. I just provided that link to show what type of criticism a Liberty University student can face.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
I didn't like how Bill Maher's "documentary" really only attacked Christians, Muslims, and Jews as if those are the most ridiculous religions practiced today. On the other hand, I do not think that Young Earth Creationists follow the scientific method. They are trying to create a theory to fit what they want to believe. That is not science and I don't think you need to believe in Young Earth Creationism in order to be a Christian.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:They are trying to create a theory to fit what they want to believe. That is not science and I don't think you need to believe in Young Earth Creationism in order to be a Christian.
Well said. I'm not at against religious-affiliated colleges and universities (there are many great ones all over the US) but trying to twist science and facts to fit your own views and passing it off as fact in the name of religion is objectionable. I'm sure Liberty has some redeeming qualities and I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of students who attend Liberty are well aware of the school's reputation and have no issues with identifying with the school.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Sale: Young Online University in California bjcheung77 19 2,488 09-26-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Employment Opportunities in Online Schools BSBRose21 4 529 09-26-2023, 06:19 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  The middlemen of online higher ed article cardiacclep 0 431 12-31-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Modern Languages Launches Online Language Courses LevelUP 0 469 07-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Almost $250 Billion Growth in Online Education bjcheung77 0 667 02-17-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Vested - Free online courses (orientations) bjcheung77 0 928 11-16-2020, 06:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Harvard Medical School going online for fall DIGI-212 8 2,540 08-26-2020, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Nilv
  Cal State Online Fall 2020 natshar 41 5,109 06-26-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Free Online Swimming Lessons: Haha! eriehiker 6 1,234 06-12-2020, 02:36 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Cambridge First UK Uni to Move to Online-Only for 2020-21 PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 5 1,035 05-21-2020, 03:23 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy