Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnlineDegree.com Is Finally Open
(08-18-2018, 10:05 AM)eriehiker Wrote: This site does not seem to care if you have multiple classes open at once, so it is possible to open three, four, whatever browser windows with each window playing a video.  Then just check back to see if the video is done and click to the next one.  This is obviously for people using the site as a test-out option.

After all, it would be silly to interpret a requirement that you watch the videos to mean you should actually watch the videos.  Rolleyes
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • eriehiker
(08-18-2018, 11:56 AM)davewill Wrote:
(08-18-2018, 10:05 AM)eriehiker Wrote: This site does not seem to care if you have multiple classes open at once, so it is possible to open three, four, whatever browser windows with each window playing a video.  Then just check back to see if the video is done and click to the next one.  This is obviously for people using the site as a test-out option.

After all, it would be silly to interpret a requirement that you watch the videos to mean you should actually watch the videos.  Rolleyes

Haha, that's right... I guess I can try doing that for a few courses that I already have some knowledge in and do the exam.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

If you already know the material I think it's fair to maneuver around the "requirement."
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

well, since the only way you can get to an exam is by playing the videos, I can see this being annoying. I'd love to go in and take the Culinary Arts test as well as the Nutrition test for my own interest and curiosity about the types of questions. I have degrees in both those subjects, so no guilt over here.
I did the culinary arts one and it was interesting. I didnt know anything about it and could pass the tests barely paying attention to the videos.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • cookderosa
Has anyone figured out how to get the Free transcript sent from them directly (to TESU)?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • indigoshuffle
For the record I'm curious: has anyone brought up these 2 issues with OD?:
-excelsior transcript not likely accepted by colleges like TESU
&
-videos required to be watched certain amount of time even if @ double speed

The reason I ask is thus far OD has been extremely responsive to any communications I've had with them. I just asked them about submitting errors and suggestions and they responded within a few minutes. I already submitted the typo errors I found and am planning to write up a fairly comprehensive email about the general recommendations I have for them. If they aren't aware of our community and we just bitch to each other about our OD gripes, then they can't really fix a problem that they don't know exists...

Also, I just checked: https://www.onlinedegree.com/how-it-works/

and they just added yet another college they have transfer agreements with: Florida National University

They really are adding partner schools fast. I will politely ask them to try and work directly with TESU and COSC.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • harrypotter, originalamyj
Since these are NCCRS approved and TESU takes NCCRS courses, is there any reason not to proceed with taking a few courses? I am wanting to advise my daughter. She's not enrolled at TESU yet and I know OD.com doesn't use ACE to bank the credits. I'm thinking she can take several and just wait for OD to send her transcript from them direct to TESU in a few months when she enrolls. Would that work?
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
(08-28-2018, 01:39 PM)originalamyj Wrote: Since these are NCCRS approved and TESU takes NCCRS courses, is there any reason not to proceed with taking a few courses? I am wanting to advise my daughter. She's not enrolled at TESU yet and I know OD.com doesn't use ACE to bank the credits. I'm thinking she can take several and just wait for OD to send her transcript from them direct to TESU in a few months when she enrolls. Would that work?

That should work just fine. I'm working on 3 that I will send to TESU at the same time. Though honestly, I may end up doing most of them over time since some appear very interesting and only cost $9 each.

(08-28-2018, 01:39 PM)originalamyj Wrote: Since these are NCCRS approved and TESU takes NCCRS courses, is there any reason not to proceed with taking a few courses? I am wanting to advise my daughter. She's not enrolled at TESU yet and I know OD.com doesn't use ACE to bank the credits. I'm thinking she can take several and just wait for OD to send her transcript from them direct to TESU in a few months when she enrolls. Would that work?

Not sure how old your daughter is but be advised that OD states their classes are only available for people 18 and older.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(08-28-2018, 01:43 PM)MNomadic Wrote:

That should work just fine. I'm working on 3 that I will send to TESU at the same time. Though honestly, I may end up doing most of them over time since some appear very interesting and only cost $9 each.

Not sure how old your daughter is but be advised that OD states their classes are only available for people 18 and older.

Yes! Thanks for the reminder. She is 18. Just graduated from high school. She has been dual enrolled at our local community college for free and has 18 credits I think. We planned to do study.com on the Guardian Scholarship this fall and just realized we blew that chance. So she is taking 2 classes at the CC and plans to do a number of onlinedegree.com and CLEPs.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,261 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 603 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  OnlineDegree.com final exam vs quizzes jsd 7 1,463 04-26-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  OnlineDegree cosmetic update rachel83az 4 888 01-09-2022, 07:25 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  onlinedegree.com transcripts not showing up? studyingfortests 6 986 10-31-2021, 06:59 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  COS 101 Onlinedegree.com cizzie 3 927 10-19-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: cizzie
  onlinedegree.com course difficulty/completion times? studyingfortests 4 1,249 07-10-2021, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  onlinedegree.com ?? TINASAM 4 975 03-03-2021, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  onlinedegree.com Cosmology carebear_007 2 795 02-18-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: carebear_007