Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only two CLEP tests per day
I thought I should make this post in case someone finds my previous posts about taking three CLEP tests in one day. Collegeboard has a limit of two tests, I didn't know that and the school should have known but didn't. They got in trouble for letting me take three. The last time I took three tests they couldn't get my score to print because it ended up under review. My scores are still valid, but taking three was against the rules.
Enrolled in WGU MAcc - Start Date 12/01/2019
B&M State College (90 credits 3.57 GPA)
Modern States CLEP  (27 credits) Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (64)  Introduction to Sociology (65) Information Systems (71) Principles of Management (68) Principles of Marketing (73) Principles of Macroeconomics (70) Principles of Microeconomics (53), Introduction to Business Law (60)
Sophia(2 credits)
Straighterline (9)American Government, Western Civilizations I, Introduction to Religion
WGU (71): Organizational Behavior, Spreadsheets, Global Business, Principles of Accounting, Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Business Strategy.. graduated Oct/2019
WGU MAcc (30) Graduated Apr 2020
121 credits earned Dec 23, 2018-Feb 24, 2020 Smile 
I took three a few times. No problems. I didn't know there was a rule. Maybe it's new.

I was just thinking that I took 4 in a day, but then realized I took 2 CLEP and 2 DSST exams. But I've looked on their website and their booklet of rules, and I can't see where it says 2 is the max.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Is it collegeboard that has a limit of two tests? or your local testing center?

My local college has a rule that will only do one CLEP per day, they didn't say why, but they said no matter what the max is one per day. Maybe it is something like that?

But if it is a collegeboard thing and not your testing center, this valuable information and good to know.
well this is going to take some investigation- this is very important to know for sure whose rule it is.
(02-08-2019, 02:26 PM)Jenniferinfl Wrote: I thought I should make this post in case someone finds my previous posts about taking three CLEP tests in one day. Collegeboard has a limit of two tests, I didn't know that and the school should have known but didn't. They got in trouble for letting me take three. The last time I took three tests they couldn't get my score to print because it ended up under review. My scores are still valid, but taking three was against the rules.

Re'c a reply today:

Thank you for contacting CLEP.

The CLEP does not have a policy regarding how many exams you can or cannot take in a day. You will need to contact the test center to see if they can schedule you for multiple exams in one day.

We hope this information is helpful. If you write to us again, please include all previous messages.

Sincerely,

Lorena
Agent ID #1603884
The College Board Service Center
(02-12-2019, 06:30 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 02:26 PM)Jenniferinfl Wrote: I thought I should make this post in case someone finds my previous posts about taking three CLEP tests in one day. Collegeboard has a limit of two tests, I didn't know that and the school should have known but didn't. They got in trouble for letting me take three. The last time I took three tests they couldn't get my score to print because it ended up under review. My scores are still valid, but taking three was against the rules.

Re'c a reply today:

Thank you for contacting CLEP.

The CLEP does not have a policy regarding how many exams you can or cannot take in a day. You will need to contact the test center to see if they can schedule you for multiple exams in one day.

We hope this information is helpful. If you write to us again, please include all previous messages.

Sincerely,

Lorena
Agent ID #1603884
The College Board Service Center

Thank you for looking into that!

I'm not surprised that I was given bad information. Though, in all honesty, I bet that the employees were told what they told me. Typical bureaucracy at work, there's a rule for no particular reason that someone suddenly feels the need to enforce and everyone gets told some fake reason for it. The employees I spoke with thought they had gotten the school in trouble with college board. But, of course it would just be some bureaucratic moron starting crap for no reason.. lol

I have the same stupid at my current job..
Enrolled in WGU MAcc - Start Date 12/01/2019
B&M State College (90 credits 3.57 GPA)
Modern States CLEP  (27 credits) Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (64)  Introduction to Sociology (65) Information Systems (71) Principles of Management (68) Principles of Marketing (73) Principles of Macroeconomics (70) Principles of Microeconomics (53), Introduction to Business Law (60)
Sophia(2 credits)
Straighterline (9)American Government, Western Civilizations I, Introduction to Religion
WGU (71): Organizational Behavior, Spreadsheets, Global Business, Principles of Accounting, Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Business Strategy.. graduated Oct/2019
WGU MAcc (30) Graduated Apr 2020
121 credits earned Dec 23, 2018-Feb 24, 2020 Smile 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 475 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,804 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 831 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,266 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 914 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,623 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 956 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,253 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,209 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,093 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty