Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operations Management & Principles of Finance
Hello,
I'm hoping for some advice.

1. I keep reading about the Operations Management offered at CSU-Pueblo. But, when I went to their Independent Site, I couldn't find the course? The choices are MGT 460 Operations Strategy and MGT 311 Operations and Quality Managment. Which is the course that fulfills the Operations Management for Excelsior business degree?
(I will eventually ask my advisor for permission but does anyone have input on this?) The cost is $417 now, too not the $297 any longer.

2. Has anyone recently taken the Principles of Finance online from Excelsior?
DSST looks difficult and I think I'd rather do online than self study for this.

I need to take 4 classes from Excelsior. I've taken Stats. I need to take Business Strategy (no longer a choice to take somewhere else). I'm trying to decide on the above two.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
1. It is the MGMT311. You may want to have a look at the following for more info:
http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...#post13374

2. Why not try Penn Foster College for the Principles of Finance (provided that you don't mind getting a pass instead of a letter grade). Look up Penn Foster here on the boards if interested. It's around $185 including books (and I believe if I'm not mistaken, a calculator too).

I just re-read your post, you needed to take 4 Excelsior courses, what are your remaining requirements?
Excelsior BSB - MIS concentration (119 credits in the bank)
Hello,
I plan to CLEP the following:
Microeconomics
Prin of Marketing
Business Law

I need Acct I (Financial) probably CLEP
I need Acct II (Managerial) probably from LSU for $229 or other suggestions?

and I have to take these 3 from Excelsior online:
Business Strategy
Sociology in the Workplace
I thought I'd take Operations Management but now I'm considering Prin of Finance.

All suggestions appreciated.
GregoryC Wrote:Hello,
I'm hoping for some advice.

1. I keep reading about the Operations Management offered at CSU-Pueblo. But, when I went to their Independent Site, I couldn't find the course? The choices are MGT 460 Operations Strategy and MGT 311 Operations and Quality Managment. Which is the course that fulfills the Operations Management for Excelsior business degree?
(I will eventually ask my advisor for permission but does anyone have input on this?) The cost is $417 now, too not the $297 any longer.

2. Has anyone recently taken the Principles of Finance online from Excelsior?
DSST looks difficult and I think I'd rather do online than self study for this.

I need to take 4 classes from Excelsior. I've taken Stats. I need to take Business Strategy (no longer a choice to take somewhere else). I'm trying to decide on the above two.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I took MGT 311 ($417) back in DEC. Most people take about a month. All tests are done at home and you have a bunch of Assignment Exercises to do, they are relatively easy. I got a B, missed an A by 15 points but most get an A. I did get some help from Judy (on this website). There were a few parts I struggled with on the exam but the software comes w/the book and if you're up with excel and data entry, you'll do OK. I found it boring, I'm one of the few. It just wasn't my type of class. The professor was excellent, he is very fair w/grading. I was taking a Chemistry class and my dad passed at the same time so I just wanted to get done with that class. Actually, it's one class I'd like to forget because it was a low point in my life. Barcotta was taking it a short time ago, he can probably give you real good feedback.
gus Wrote:2. Why not try Penn Foster College for the Principles of Finance (provided that you don't mind getting a pass instead of a letter grade). Look up Penn Foster here on the boards if interested. It's around $185 including books (and I believe if I'm not mistaken, a calculator too).
Excellent suggestion, or look at one of you local CC's for a suitable course, if you want a letter grade or if RA is important to you.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,776 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Finance by test out clarkin16 5 1,851 08-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,502 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Options for TESU BSBA Gen.Mgt Finance & Business/Society Excellente 5 1,921 06-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Undergraduate Certificate in Finance Dowew 10 2,717 06-28-2018, 01:24 AM
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,566 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
  Help with BALS General Management Concentration or alternatives YeaStudy 17 4,075 04-03-2018, 11:05 PM
Last Post: YeaStudy
  Math for TESU BSBA Finance (MAT121 or MAT119) Gloddy 8 2,083 03-21-2018, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  TESU BSBA General Management d.cononge 0 986 03-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: d.cononge
  TESU BSBA, FIN-200 satisfies core finance requirement? StoicJ 7 1,961 02-22-2018, 12:43 PM