Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Options after TESU Finance BSBA
@Juju7, If he's going for a TESU degree in Business already, he can do a second degree without any extra cost. I would get him to do the dual degree on the wiki. It's just 5 extra courses, he has the energy, time to get these done since he's at such a young age.... Thread Link : https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...egree-Plan
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-28-2022, 12:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Juju7,  If he's going for a TESU degree in Business already, he can do a second degree without any extra cost.  I would get him to do the dual degree on the wiki.  It's just 5 extra courses, he has the energy, time to get these done since he's at such a young age.... Thread Link : https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...egree-Plan

Perfection! We’ve been talking all day and think a dual degree is the best option for him (given his age and varied interests).  His business interest is specifically finance, so I know it may mean a little extra work, so may to BSBA Finance vs CIS.  Our current thought is obviously to meet gen ed requirements first, but then target the BA Computer Science first (and can easily grab enough courses for electives in Business Associates through electives….and assuming he still  has the energy and interest, pursue the BSBA in Finance, or CIS depending on where motivation and interests lie further into education). If he gets the dual degree, try and snag a Math Associates.  If he just does BA in Computer Science, assume Business Associates is best to round out for entry level job entry.  Can you do a math and business associates no problem. Thanks so much for guidance.  He is pretty excited and eager to get learning.
Basically, You can get a max of 2 associates, 2 bachelors at TESU and a few certificates if you wanted to. For example, I would go for the BSBA CIS & Finance AOS and ladder up to the BA Computer Science. If he wants the AS Math, the BA CS + BSBA already has enough math courses I think... I would add the Associates and certificates to your programs list and "forget it".

This is how I would swing things, Add the AS Math, BSBA CIS & Finance and BACS to your degree list, I would work on the BSBA CIS & Finance first OR the BACS first, get the degree requirements completed and then work on the other. Most of the time, associates degrees are added and "forgotten", as you don't need to do extra work and it's already completed.

The main thing is to get one degree completed and then work on the other, not be "half way" with one and the other. By following the template on the Wiki, you should complete all the lower level requirements first as it applies both degrees, then work on the upper level ones, and work from provider to provider. Last but not least, invest in a second monitor for easier multitasking.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Juju7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 766 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 265 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,163 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch