Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Options for testing out of BA Communications?
Hey everyone,

I am looking at options for testing out of or at least trying to knock out the majority of the courses for a BA in Communications at TESU.

https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/communications

I've been doing research but have been having trouble finding the exact list of courses I'd need. I'm looking at doing a combination of ACE (Study.com, Sophia, SL, TEL Learning) and TECEPs to get the credits. If there are any other options, I'd like to know about those as well. CLEPs might not be an option for me since I am not in the US. Davar Academy might be an option for some of the General Education credits but it seems quite expensive.

Could someone please help me out in setting out a course plan and what specific courses are required? The program page on TESU site does not list them.

Would really appreciate any help on this!
I think this is one degree where it's impossible to test out of even half of what's needed. At a quick glance, you can do:

Technical Writing - TECEP (LL)
Technical Writing - SDC (UL)
Technical Communications (maybe) - TECEP (LL)
Public Relations - TECEP (LL)
Interpersonal Communication (maybe) - SDC (LL)
Public Speaking - Sophia, SDC, or TECEP (LL)
Presentation Skills in the Workplace - SDC (LL) - either this or Public Speaking will be a Gen Ed requirement
Organizational Communication (maybe) - SDC (UL)
Fundamentals of Speech - SL (LL)
Intro to Human Communication - ASU Earned Admissions (LL)

Even if they accept all these, that still only gives you 6 UL credits out of 15 and doesn't cover communication theory or mass communications at all. You'll need to check places like BYU, UofIdaho, etc. to look for potential matches. There is a good list of places to search on the wiki here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...ng_Courses
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I'm finding it tough to find other options for myself. I am not good at accounting or computer science or science subjects, so those are a no go for me.
My suggestion is going for a BALS no concentration and if you need a concentration, you can select from one of these: Humanities or Social Sciences. For example, the majority of these can ladder into a Masters of Arts or Science in the Liberal Arts fields... you don't really need a BA Comm to get into a MA Comm, a BA LS will get you there most of the time as the majority of universities will only require a Bachelors with *some* study in that concentration/major.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ss20ts
Instead of Communications, what about English? That's one that you can (mostly) test out of. There might be one or two classes you'd have to take because you can't do CLEPs but I think it's more doable than a Communications degree.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Is there a spreadsheet or document of the courses for BALS and BA English that I can use to find the equivalents on study.com / SL?

P.S. SL doesn't seem to be working in my country without a VPN.
Waiting for an answer
There's a BALS plan here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ge...egree_Plan

I'm working on English next. There is already a history plan there as well.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 433 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU - Accounting Credit Options allvia 8 1,094 05-11-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Testing out of History & Civics and Ethical Leadership requirements? WHOASIS1 6 756 03-31-2023, 09:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia Business Communication - TESU COM-202 Intro to Business Communications BSLIONS 0 575 02-21-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: BSLIONS
  TESU Communications, BA javabeanstudio 2 554 12-24-2022, 11:08 AM
Last Post: natshar
  TESU Discrete Math - other cost/time options onlinelearner99 9 2,035 09-27-2022, 02:13 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Options after TESU Finance BSBA Juju7 12 1,553 07-28-2022, 02:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Upper Level Options - BALS BSBRose21 13 1,616 05-21-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: BSBRose21
  Options for 16 Credits to Rid of Residency Waiver Fee bjcheung77 22 3,779 05-01-2022, 02:29 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  TESU options for these accounting courses... allvia 1 844 01-10-2022, 11:12 AM
Last Post: rachel83az