Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Level Options - BALS
(05-18-2022, 04:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You really need to decide for yourself which degree is for you, the UMPI BLS or the TESU BALS
Create a spreadsheet, fill in the cost, courses, time required to complete the degree and finish

For comparison, you need the cornerstone, capstone, and the UL requirements left for your BALS at TESU.
At UMPI, you're looking at 19 more courses: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ion--40522

Something doesn't add up correctly, as your AAS should have come into UMPI with at least 60 credits.
What other details are missing from what you have provided us, any further credits/courses taken?

I am trying to find out more as to why the AAS at UMPI did not have at least 60 credits applied to my evaluation.

Since the evaluation I have taken American Government through Instacert and Communications 120: Presentations in the Workplace
MTAW Certified Municipal Treasurer - Wisconsin 
IAAP Certified Administrative Professional
Administrative Professional Associate Degree - Madison College

Next up: Bachelor's Degree 

(05-18-2022, 04:28 PM)BSBRose21 Wrote: I am trying to find out more as to why the AAS at UMPI did not have at least 60 credits applied to my evaluation.

Since the evaluation I have taken American Government through Instacert and Communications 120: Presentations in the Workplace

I don't see your degree audit in this thread. Just because you have 60 credits from an AAS doesn't mean that they will apply to the degree requirements for a bachelor's degree. Everyone has to complete the GEC (gen eds), Major/Minor requirements, and general electives.

ETA: 

Found your other post on the UMPI forum! 

Here's what you can take ACE credit wise to help you out and have fewer courses to complete at UMPI. You definitely don't want to take the lab science at UMPI. The Study.com one is a virtual lab. The UMPI version ships you a lab kit and it's not pleasant what you have to do. I'll leave it at that. You have to take 4A at UMPI. It's a 0 credit orientation on how the learning platform works. It's like an hour long. Keep in mind that you have to complete at least 30 credits at UMPI. Something else to consider is how many written assignments there are in the Study.com courses. There's 1 assignment for the classes at UMPI. 

Sophia:
Art History 1 OR 2
Environmental Science
US History 1 OR 2
Spanish 1 (or Spanish 1 from InstantCert)
Business Law 

InstantCert:
American Government

Study.com:
Biology 101L Introduction to Biology with Lab OR Chemistry 111L Chemistry 1 with Lab 
Business 302 Foundations of Leadership
Business 306 Strategic Human Resource Management 
Business 312 Advanced Operations Management
(05-18-2022, 04:39 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 04:28 PM)BSBRose21 Wrote: I am trying to find out more as to why the AAS at UMPI did not have at least 60 credits applied to my evaluation.

I don't see your degree audit in this thread. Just because you have 60 credits from an AAS doesn't mean that they will apply to the degree requirements for a bachelor's degree. Everyone has to complete the GEC (gen eds), Major/Minor requirements, and general electives.

Previous reply from user was referring to another thread with evaluation that I posted under the UMPI category.

(05-18-2022, 04:39 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

ETA: 

Found your other post on the UMPI forum! 

Here's what you can take ACE credit wise to help you out and have fewer courses to complete at UMPI. You definitely don't want to take the lab science at UMPI. The Study.com one is a virtual lab. The UMPI version ships you a lab kit and it's not pleasant what you have to do. I'll leave it at that. You have to take 4A at UMPI. It's a 0 credit orientation on how the learning platform works. It's like an hour long. Keep in mind that you have to complete at least 30 credits at UMPI. Something else to consider is how many written assignments there are in the Study.com courses. There's 1 assignment for the classes at UMPI. 

Sophia:
Art History 1 OR 2
Environmental Science
US History 1 OR 2
Spanish 1 (or Spanish 1 from InstantCert)
Business Law 

InstantCert:
American Government

Study.com:
Biology 101L Introduction to Biology with Lab OR Chemistry 111L Chemistry 1 with Lab 
Business 302 Foundations of Leadership
Business 306 Strategic Human Resource Management 
Business 312 Advanced Operations Management

Hmm... this is interesting.  I completed Art History 1 & 2, Environmental Science, US History 1 & 2 from Sophia already and they were listed on the transcript submitted to UMPI. I have also completed American Government from Instacert, but has not been submitted to UMPI for credit yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BS CIS Upper Level AOS jg_nuy 21 1,489 01-19-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 969 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 433 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 413 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 414 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
  BALS Natural Sciences/Mathematics Clarification ACR1200 14 1,142 06-12-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - Accounting Credit Options allvia 8 1,092 05-11-2023, 03:34 PM
  need help designing TESU BALS degree plan ece2001biz 8 1,098 02-06-2023, 12:09 PM
  Dual Major - Upper Level Credit Requirements for 2nd Degree StudiousTraveller 9 993 10-13-2022, 08:38 PM
Last Post: StudiousTraveller
  Any Recommended (Ace) Lower level Finance Area of Study classes? SamTrulli 3 655 10-01-2022, 08:33 PM