Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oral comunication request for COSC
(08-08-2019, 10:22 AM)topdog98 Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 09:54 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 08:17 AM)topdog98 Wrote: I suggest Introduction to Communication through Straighterline.

Please, can you tell me the details of exams, how many oral presentations i need and how it work? just sound record or video record must be submited??

You think i can approve it with imperfect english??

There are three exams and a proctored final exam. There are three presentations which are submitted in video format. I don't know if imperfect English would disqualify you. Maybe you could send an email to Straighterline and ask? Here is the syllabus:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/StraighterLine/...ons_V3.pdf

Some people have been able to submit a request for a waiver because of experience in public speaking.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ns-at-COSC

Cool, i will also consider this
The videoed component is a small part of the Straighterline course. You should be able to pass it pretty easy.

On another note....I could've gotten that waived?!
[-] The following 1 user Likes elbebopkid's post:
  • cecilgambe7
(08-10-2019, 05:45 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: The videoed component is a small part of the Straighterline course. You should be able to pass it pretty easy.

On another note....I could've gotten that waived?!

Thank you for your feedback, i actually dont know if you can waived as esay, but anyway, i think the credits are welcome anyway...
If you're going to be taking courses at Study.com, I would recommend the Study.com Communications 101 Public Speaking. Especially since you're most likely going to be using Study.com for English I and English II.

Some parts of the quizzes will be completed, there are 89 quizzes, 3 speeches, and a proctored final. I think this would be your best option over what has already been mentioned, here are the links:

I highly recommend the Study.com/StraighterLine combo for a majority of non-us students going for a degree at the Big 3 for cheap/easy/fast.
Syllabus Link: https://study.com/academy/course/public-...nformation
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
(08-10-2019, 10:23 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If you're going to be taking courses at Study.com, I would recommend the Study.com Communications 101 Public Speaking.  Especially since you're most likely going to be using Study.com for English I and English II.  

Some parts of the quizzes will be completed, there are 89 quizzes, 3 speeches, and a proctored final.  I think this would be your best option over what has already been mentioned, here are the links:

I highly recommend the Study.com/StraighterLine combo for a majority of non-us students going for a degree at the Big 3 for cheap/easy/fast.
Syllabus Link: https://study.com/academy/course/public-...nformation

Thank you for your advice. You know if Study.com COM 101-Public Speaking transfer to COSC as Oral communication request??
(08-11-2019, 09:37 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: Thank you for your advice. You know if Study.com COM 101-Public Speaking transfer to COSC as Oral communication request??

Yes it does!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 13 yo boys

Study: US History 1, Presentation Skills, Environmental Science, Ethics in America
Sophia: Intro to Psychology

Planning for (2) Bachelors + Assoc + Cert at TESU
[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • cecilgambe7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate from ESC, 2nd degree via GRE from COSC? jplot002 5 86 1 hour ago
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Cosc have financial aid? plasticbottle 12 358 09-11-2019, 09:17 AM
Last Post: weightsrheavy
  English at COSC homeschoolmom1 2 148 09-09-2019, 11:50 PM
  Excelsior vs. COSC - Biology sanantone 8 409 09-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  AS at COSC or TESC Associates in Math with these credits Hometeacher628 4 180 09-03-2019, 02:35 PM
  Cosc - social media course as communication? bethanyneedsajob 2 156 08-23-2019, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bethanyneedsajob
  COSC vs Excelsior cost homeschoolmom1 22 1,008 08-21-2019, 04:17 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Shmoop statistic to Cosc or Excelsior ? SweetsugarNL 6 161 08-16-2019, 12:58 PM
Last Post: bethanyneedsajob
  Speed of graduating COSC homeschoolmom1 7 402 08-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  When to request Capstone darthweezy 4 208 08-14-2019, 12:25 PM
Last Post: natshar