Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organizational Behavior DSST question
Can anyone who has passed the Organizational Behavior DSST using IC tell me if using the flash cards was enough?? I’m looking to take this DSST at the end of the month and have been just using the IC flash cards. I just want to hear other people’s thoughts on what they did to pass!! Thank you!!
I used IC and googled some terms suggested in the exam specific feedback forum. That was enough for me
I used the IC flash cards, too. I think that would have been enough, but I also read through Snazzlefrag’s Organizational Behavior DSST study notes a few times.
(09-07-2018, 03:16 AM)VeganBrainz Wrote: Can anyone who has passed the Organizational Behavior DSST using IC tell me if using the flash cards was enough?? I’m looking to take this DSST at the end of the month and have been just using the IC flash cards. I just want to hear other people’s thoughts on what they did to pass!! Thank you!!

Hi there,
I just took this exam using the IC cards and then printed the 19 page study guide here in the forum (basically was the flash card material) and read it in the parking lot prior to my test.  I studied the IC cards to 75% over 3 days.  I also read somewhere that there was cross over material between principles of supervision, Human Resource Management, and this test.  So I took them in that order on a Monday, Thursday and a Saturday (if I recall correctly - it was a bit of a blur). There was the tiniest bit of overlap.  I do recall that the study material did not seem to match up very well.  But it was very easy to use logic to chose the correct answer just watch the tricky wording.  Hmmm what was on that test...
Learning Organization
Organizational Development
Couple questions on contingency theory
Attribution theory and how consistency applies in context to that theroy
Processes are activities that give life to the organizational chart
Two questions on stress how it manifests itself and the name of a certain type of stress in a situation that they spell out
Know OB model consists of individual, group, and organizational systems levels
dependent and independent variables and which is the cause and effect
Goldbergs Big Five
"Locus of Control"
Self- Monitoring
There were a couple of questions about perceptual skills needed by managers (sorry cannot recall the specific questions and there was no mention of perceptual skills in my study materials)
Self-Fulfilling Prophecy and Pygmalion effect just a scenario based question 
Satisficing Model
Implicit Favorite Model
Escalation of Commitment
Job involvement 
Cognitive Dissonance
Rokeach - Terminal and Instrumental values (not so much a question but was an option to select and because I knew what it was I knew this was not the correct answer for the question)
If fans of a certain sports club rejoice because the team lost what is that?
Know scientific methods there was a question asking about what types research would someone use ie surveys case studies, meta analysis(not sure if that was right Tongue)
Theory X and Y
McClellands theroy of needs and specifically understand the power portion
Coercive Power
self Efficacy
Equity Theroy
Management by Objectives
piece rate plans
wellness programs
brainstorming
Delphi Method vs NGT
distributive bargaining and general types of negotation that you could say if a scenario was win-win, win-lose, etc
There were questions about a theory (2) that talked about a step called unfreezing.  Not sure of the theory and I guessed on the test Smile
Path Goal
Leader Member Exchange
scenario about a someone presenting at a board meeting and what type of power did they have (so know EXPERT power, reward power, coercive power, referent power, etc)
filtering
job enrichment
bureaucracy and classical principles of management
culture
Change Agent and Planned Change
Cooptation

Those were all that I can remember.  Good luck it was not that hard just use logic to solve the ones you don't know and then if all else fails pick C Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Abby2's post:
  • jsd
Thanks everybody for the replies! I’m taking the test next week!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,146 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,322 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,457 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  EdX MicroBachelors letter grade question cardiacclep 3 609 12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 544 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about Transferring Credits Nelson Lin 3 732 09-17-2022, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,197 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling
  ACTFL signup question(s) Insert Name 9 965 06-29-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  ACTFL question Jennr2z 5 815 06-04-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 62 7,392 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: MrPanda