Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Certs Now Have Industry Specializations
"Companies and higher ed institutions have a role to play in preparing students for in-demand careers. Now, learners can prepare for jobs in high-growth industries with specializations from Columbia Engineering, Gies College of Business - University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, The Johns Hopkins University, Michigan Online & Arizona State University that build on the skills developed in the Google Career Certificates. Learn about new Industry Specializations in construction management, financial analysis, healthcare IT, policy analysis, and sustainability management."

LinkedIn Announcement: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/grow-with...er_desktop

Grow with Goole:
https://grow.google/certificates/?utm_so...ctive=none
Thanks for the posting, and there is some value there. It's unclear if any of those offer college credit or ACE credit. Since I didn't see it mentioned I assume not. Hopefully, Google continues to roll out more ACE credit courses. I am in the project management one now, and it's informative and useful to me. The specializations would not hurt to have if you lack experience. I think this might be another step to something even better later.

Found this for the ASU one:

• Will I earn university credit for completing the Specialization?
    This Specialization doesn't carry university credit, but some universities may choose to accept Specialization Certificates for credit. Check with your institution to learn more.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
The Google Certifications don't have specialties - They are just making suggestions that after you complete the Google Certification you 'can' continue on with the other providers programs (not Google)

"After completing a Google Data Analytics, IT Support, or Project Management Certificate, you can build on your skills and take the next step in your career with a Specialization from Columbia Engineering, the University of Illinois’ Gies College of Business, Johns Hopkins University, the University of Michigan, or Arizona State University."
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Its a dual badge thing on credly, similar to dual badge for comptia A+ and google IT support certificate that was introduced long time ago
Yeah, basically, it sounds like you will "grow with Google" certifications (they have like 5 of these professional certs that have ACE credit) and build on those skills with the extra courses available using the MOOC offerings from Coursera and their university partnerships...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Certs Offline natshar 4 400 03-10-2024, 12:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,464 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Google IT Support vs IBM IT Support ss20ts 0 1,107 06-07-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Google IT Support Professional Certificate - ACE expiring soon? lumina 12 1,560 03-03-2023, 07:34 PM
  Google IT support from Coursera qualify ACE credit Imbanewbie 74 19,309 01-30-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Tammy Sellers
  Cheap/quick/fun certs? Insert Name 10 1,343 01-11-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Conions
  BrightBytes acquired by Google! bjcheung77 0 591 10-15-2022, 07:28 PM
  Google Project Management: Professional Certificate midnite123 5 1,670 10-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Suicide Rates by Industry and Occupation for Men and Women sanantone 0 344 09-01-2022, 11:02 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free access to job ready Coursera certs cardiacclep 22 4,018 06-28-2022, 06:53 AM
Last Post: sayazop