Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PENN FOSTER -Information Literacy (1 Credit)
[SIZE="3"]This is by far one of the best opportunities for all EC students to complete this required course and save[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]BIG $$$[/SIZE] [SIZE="2"][COLOR="navy"]in the process.

Gotta love PFC!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I received my Material from Penn Foster, I looked through it and looks pretty simple.
I Plan on doing it all next week, I had some Exams, work and relocation to get out of my way.

I will post all the feedback sometime next week.
That's a good deal... $75. I wish Excelsior could match that.

Although I only speak from my personal opinion... I think that there are other factors worthy of considering when deciding which class to take.

Granted, Excelsior is too expensive for just one measley credit... BUT, I took the course in a couple of hours without a proctor and without ordering official transcripts. It was semi-expensive, but hassle-free. (much cheaper than one credit at say... University of Phoenix) The speed and efficiency of Excelsior's Info Lit course has got to be worth some of that difference in price. Maybe not all $200 worth though.:confused:

I'm seriously not knocking Penn Foster's Information Literacy course. In fact, I'm all for hearing more about it. I'm particularly interested to hear whether there are hidden costs and how quickly the course can be completed, graded, and transcriptions sent.

Anyway, thanks for the update... my wife may cross this bridge someday and this is much needed information you are providing. I appreciate it.
[SIZE="4"]auminer49r[/SIZE]

Completed a B.S. in General Business
at Excelsior College (3.86 GPA)

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

... But, I'm still sticking around...Smile
how do I enroll in Penn Foster for only one class? Do I have to pay all the big enrollment fees etc?

I could only find where I must enroll for a program. Can you help me.

Thanks.
ImustStudy Wrote:how do I enroll in Penn Foster for only one class? Do I have to pay all the big enrollment fees etc?

I could only find where I must enroll for a program. Can you help me.

Thanks.

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Penn Foster College - Business and Industrial # is 1-800-233-0259

Call and ask to speak to Mary-Beth, she'll help you. This one credit course is only $75.00.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
Thanks so much for this info!! I will definitely go through Penn Foster, then!
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
What is Penn Foster? Is that another college? How do I get in touch with this marybeth to enroll for teh Inform. lit course and does it transfer to EC ? Thank you, cindy
Cindy Wrote:What is Penn Foster? Is that another college? How do I get in touch with this marybeth to enroll for teh Inform. lit course and does it transfer to EC ? Thank you, cindy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Hello Cindy -

PFC - Penn Foster College (Click this link) Penn Foster College - Associate College Degrees offers several associate degrees and also allows for some individualized courses to be taken without enrolling in one of their degree programs.

Many of their courses are ACE reviewed and thus accepted at Excelsior College. I took my math class there and many others are now taking the information literacy class for only $75.00.

ENG103 – Information Literacy (1 credit)
Teaches students to become effective in finding and utilizing information at libraries and other information centers, and through electronic resources available in libraries and on the World Wide Web.

I posted the contact number and name (Mary Beth) just a few posts up.

Good Luck![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA

here is the exact website for the Info Lit

Business Management Training Outline - Penn Foster College
Great tip! Thank you all for the info!

Brian..based on your recommendation, I also signed up for:

MAT 110 Technical Math I (Practical Algebra) which Excelsior confirmed would satisfy the College Algebra requirement for the BGB

I would attempt the CLEP Algebra if it wasn't timed, however for only $220 for both the MAT 110 and ENG 103....I think I'll just relax and do it this way.

BTW Mary Ann (handles Florida) was just as nice as could be, and had me handled in less than 5 minutes!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,530 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,042 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,953 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 245 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 742 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 698 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 484 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 531 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,559 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 332 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks