Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PENN FOSTER -Information Literacy (1 Credit)
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Excellent - Good Luck to you with both courses!!

(Was that Mary Ann or Mary Beth)??[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I asked for Mary Beth and the women who answered (Mary Ann) explained that the calls are directed based on the number you dial in on...in my case Florida, which his her territory. So Penn Foster is full of nice people named Mary! Like others have said, the transaction was completed in minutes and the books should arrive Mon or Tues. Great tip! Thanks again.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
mapalo Wrote:For those of us enrolled at EC, Information Literacy is a 1 credit Requirement and I think EC is quite pricey for 1 credit.

I just confirmed and have approval from my Advisor at EC, that Penn Foster ENG 103 Information Literacy (1 Credit) will satisfy EC's information Literacy.

The Goodness is that it Cost $75 for all the expenses, shipping included

I called Maribeth at Penn Foster and registered immediately.

Hopefully this will help those who wanting to save a few dollars

Mapalo

EC is certainly getting expensive and who knows how much are the courses going to be next year ....
[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

CLEP

Intro to Psychology- 50
Natural Sciences - 53
Western Civilization II- 57
Humanities - 61
History of US I - 59
Social Sciences & History - 54
Western Civilization I - 67
Principles of Mgmt- 53
Intro to Sociology -64

DANTES

Rise and Fall of Soviet Union - 54
Intro to Middle East- 56
Intro to World Religions- 74
Intro to Computing - 53
Principles of Supervision- 51
Mgmt Info Sys- 53
Intro to Buisness- 59
American Ethics-51
I called yesterday and signed up with Mary Beth on the phone with my credit card. It was $75 bucks and she said it will arrive in a few days. I will do the work and then take 2 unproctored exams. After that I will take the proctored final exam.

Sounds great. Thanks all. I will let you know when I am done how it went.
OK, so I got the paperwork in the mail. I sat down at lunch and read through it. At tne end of each section there is a brief review where you answer 15 or 20 questions (not graded for your benefit only). Then at the end of the book there are 2 open book tests that do not require a proctor.

So I answered all the questions on paper and then I logged on with the webpage and student ID# they gave me. It was very easy.

if you can follow instructions, you can take the tests online in about 10 minutes. You also receive paper scantron forms in the poacket and can either call your answers in over the phone through an automated system or mail them in the provided envelopes. This is great. Online is the fastest and you get your scores immediately.

I got a 70 on the first one (1 breezed through in about 10 minutes and did not re-read. I could have scored 100% Maybe next time). On the second test, I received a 95%. I actually got the question correct, but there appears to be an error on the test. Who cares. A 95% is just fine.

I still have a proctored exam to take, but I haven't received that one yet. I think it will come in the mail now that I have passed the other 2 exams.

I will keep everyone posted.
[SIZE="3"]Thanks for the update![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Quote:I got a 70 on the first one (1 breezed through in about 10 minutes and did not re-read. I could have scored 100% Maybe next time).
Be careful when you are taking your quizzes at PFC, a 70 is a "D", "F" starts at 69 and under. Here is the grading scale:

Lesson Grade (%)

Letter Equivalent

Rating

Quality Point Avg.
92-100
A
Excellent

81-91
B
Good

75-80
C
Average

70-74
D
Passing

Below 70
F
Failing
BrandeX Wrote:Be careful when you are taking your quizzes at PFC, a 70 is a "D", "F" starts at 69 and under. Here is the grading scale:

Lesson Grade (%)

Letter Equivalent

Rating

Quality Point Avg.
92-100
A
Excellent

81-91
B
Good

75-80
C
Average

70-74
D
Passing

Below 70
F
Failing

Wow, I was not aware that a 70% was a D. Thanks you so much for that info. I will definitely do my best and study super hard for the final. Do you have any idea how strong the final exam is weighted, or do they just average the three exams???

Thanks again.,
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
I must admit, despite being a regular enrolled PFC student, I am not sure. I am set to take my first proctored exams for the initial semester after I complete one more course. If I notice it listed I will let you know.
More feedback...

I signed up for the Penn Foster Information Literacy class on Aug 31. I received the materials 9/10 (I since found out that they have a DHL option for quicker delivery). Took about 4-5 hours between 9/10 and 9/11 to digest the study guide. I filled in the answers to the two open book tests at the end of the study guide (took about an hour). Then I went online, and transferred the answers that I wrote in the study guide to the online test forms (about 3 minutes).

Scored a 95 and 100.

The tests are open book and are included in the study guide. The only reason that you go online is to submit the answers electronically.

I'm not sure how this could have been made any easier...plus I learned a few things.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 855 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 196 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 438 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 487 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,440 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 311 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks
  Cheap-ish (Biblical) Hebrew and Greek credit rachel83az 7 594 08-22-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Library2HospitalChaplain