Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Pass Your Class" website
http://www.passyourclass.com/index.html

Above is the link to the website "Pass Your Class". I have used this website before in order to getstudy material for the DSST "Principles of Management" exam. while I have not taken this exam yet, the content seems pretty well laid out, and in a manner that is great for studying (ie, not a 200+ page textbook, but a less than 50 page study guide perfect for getting all the info you need for the exam).

I am particularly interested in feedback from anyone who has used this site for any other exams as I am considering getting the Physics one in addition to the Accounting one. any advice or is the $$35 price tag asking too much?

I am military so these exams are free, a college class costs me $750 (not of my own money) so to me, forking out 35 bucks to pass an exam and get my degree faster is completely worth the money to me as long as there are no alternative methods out there that would make the $35 not worth it.
There is no Principles of Management DSST exam - it's a CLEP.

There is no physics DSST or CLEP at all.

If they are advertising these on their website, then I'm going to suggest there's a major problem, and you should skip it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
They aren't advertising these exams. They have a study guide for DSST Physical Science (discontinued) and CLEP Principles of Management.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I checked the site, and neither of those is listed, so its probably a fumble on the OP's part.

The only science exams the site has tutorials for are Biology, Chemistry, and the Natural Science CLEP exams.

That said, I wouldn't rely on study materials from this site to pass your exams... at least not alone. I don't know if their quality is comparable to the price, particularly when you can get free study materials for CLEP exams from Modern States, plus get vouchers to take the exams themselves for free as well.

IMO, if you're going to pay for CLEP study materials, pay for the InstantCert flashcards and Peterson's practice exams. If you have extra money, pay for the REA prep guides which also include additional practice exams. Those will probably be the most valuable.

I think it would be interesting to see how the prep guides from this passyourclass.com compare to the materials from modern states and the REA guides. I'd personally want to understand that before investing in them.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Pass Your Class has been around for a long time, and I believe it's been discussed on this forum before. However, since this is an Instantcert forum, people tried not to discuss competitors too much.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I misspoke and said DSST Management when I meant CLEP. I was not aware that Physics was removed. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
I used passyourclass for both the educational psychology Clep and natural sciences clep. There ok. I feel like you might need more though. Just like how modern states alone isn't enough. The educational psych one didn't even cover the right stuff. I feel like because they change what's on the tests so frequently and the books aren't updated they might not be helpful. For the the record, I took the natural science clep in 2014 with a passyourclass book bought in 2014 and passed. I took the educational psychology clep in 2017 with a passyourclass book I bought in 2015. I ended up failing the educational psychology clep (49!) and retook it 6 months later and passed. Based on their website and what I've seen they don't update the books. I think the Internet is a better study resource. There are lots more resources to study then there was in 2013.

If you prefer paper books to study you can find something cheaper. For example, I just spent $4 on a intro to business textbook that touches on human resources, economics, accounting and more. I can use it for multiple cleps and dssts, supplemented with the Internet. I also bought another textbook on organizational behavior that costs $6. Much cheaper than the $35 for passyourclass.

Also back in 2013 I bought a package deal of a whole bunch of Clep books for super cheap on eBay. t included the guides for human growth and development clep, analyzing and interperting literature and us history I. I skimmed those and read a great deal of them. I didn't take those cleps and got rid of the books around 2015. Although I did end up taking and passing the Analyzing lit clep in 2017.
I second using online resources (I personally used YouTube and modernstates with good success). I hear great things about the instacert subscription. Free clep prep also has pretty cheap study guides for way cheaper.

I would check whatever educational resources your base/command has. If you have something like an education office or library, they will often be able to provide or point you to free resources including practice tests.

Finally, if all that doesn't work for you, then REA study guides would still be a better bet than pass your class. Rea guides are updated more frequently, include practice tests and cover enough for you to pass. They also have a ton of vocab words in the back. They may seem like a long "200+ page textbook" but half the book is just pages for the practice tests. You can get them brand new for cheaper than the pass your class books or a few years old(or used) for way less. I personally just borrowed REA study guides from the library for free.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I forgot to mention, you may have access to Peterson's online, which is a great resource for both CLEP and DSST for free. Not sure how to get access to it, but it's probably better than this resource you're asking about.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • MNomadic
Also if you are military you get a free full pdf official study guide for each exam. They normally cost $10. My brother is military and signed up for a clep three months ago and got one. It says on the Clep website somewhere all military get a frees study guide.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 431 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,071 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Mobile phone use in class bjcheung77 0 250 08-04-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Amberton website (major) redesign allvia 8 733 08-02-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  NYU professor fired... Organic chem class too hard! bjcheung77 12 986 10-12-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  What is/was your most hated class and how have you dealt with it? rachel83az 8 869 08-29-2022, 01:53 AM
Last Post: splirow
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,140 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling
  STC Free class gams007 8 990 07-30-2022, 05:45 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  ACE Website is down? dfrecore 3 601 07-04-2022, 08:12 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
Shocked Utah’s Westminster College Offers " " Class Where Students Will ‘Watch " " Films ... LevelUP 8 1,057 04-22-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso