Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed CLEP Financial Accounting with a 65!!!
I am super excited you guys. This is my first post on this site but I have been lurking on here for the past month. I took my first CLEP exam yesterday for accounting and I got a 65!!!! When I hit submit I literally thought I failed the exam but all the hours of studying I did seems to have worked. I guess I just wanted to brag a little because prior to studying for the CLEP I had no experience with accounting at all and I took the exam to test out of the pre-reqs I need for an accounting post-bacc program that I'm enrolled in.
[-] The following 2 users Like mecurtis's post:
  • alexf.1990, quigongene
Congrats! What did you use to study and how many hours total would you say?
(01-24-2019, 09:48 PM)acamp Wrote: Congrats!  What did you use to study and how many hours total would you say?

I studied for around 6-7 weeks for 2-3 hours a day on average and I used so many different resources its kind of funny. I used several online accounting resources like Accounting Coach, Udemy, Khan Academy, a textbook, and so many youtube videos. I also used Modern States Modern States but in my opinion, the lectures are complete trash and if anyone uses them for financial accounting you will leave more confused and led astray than helped, however, the textbook they use is pretty good at explaining things and I really like it. But the most important part,  you have to put the time in. Accounting isn't intuitive, you have to practice as far as I know there is no real way to cram for accounting if you don't have a baseline understanding of what you are doing.  I hope that helps!
(01-24-2019, 10:37 PM)mecurtis Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 09:48 PM)acamp Wrote: Congrats!  What did you use to study and how many hours total would you say?

I studied for around 6-7 weeks for 2-3 hours a day on average and I used so many different resources its kind of funny. I used several online accounting resources like Accounting Coach, Udemy, Khan Academy, a textbook, and so many youtube videos. I also used Modern States Modern States but in my opinion, the lectures are complete trash and if anyone uses them for financial accounting you will leave more confused and led astray than helped, however, the textbook they use is pretty good at explaining things and I really like it. But the most important part,  you have to put the time in. Accounting isn't intuitive, you have to practice as far as I know there is no real way to cram for accounting if you don't have a baseline understanding of what you are doing.  I hope that helps!

I got into a Business degree almost by accident at my local community college. The classes that I wanted to take were offered on hours that I could not attend due to work reasons. 
Financial Accounting was one of the harder subjects that I've had to take so far. I was so confused in the beginning and almost dropped the class. My first test I got a 64 out of 100. I stayed up all night studying and on my second I got a 94. My accounting professor was impressed and made a note on my test that said "wow what a difference". 
Accounting you really have to hit the books and teach yourself. I watched youtube videos and read my book over and over again until I got it. 
Congratulations on your test results. The class that I took we had a lot of people drop it by the time we got to the midterm. 
The biggest drop that I have ever seen so far is in Public speaking. When the professor announced that the first speech was due the next day with an outline, half the class was gone by the next day.
(01-24-2019, 09:28 PM)mecurtis Wrote: I am super excited you guys. This is my first post on this site but I have been lurking on here for the past month. I took my first CLEP exam yesterday for accounting and I got a 65!!!! When I hit submit I literally thought I failed the exam but all the hours of studying I did seems to have worked. I guess I just wanted to brag a little because prior to studying for the CLEP I had no experience with accounting at all and I took the exam to test out of the pre-reqs I need for an accounting post-bacc program that I'm enrolled in.

Congrats!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,757 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 500 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI---Financial aid??? midnite123 4 707 01-15-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Financial Aid Conspiracy Alpha 5 1,140 10-07-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,839 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 843 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  1 More Year to Use Financial Aid for Foreign Online Programs sanantone 1 580 06-15-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Financial aid for on-line study in England? Pelican 7 931 06-15-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,305 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  How to Secure Last-Minute Financial Aid for College LevelUP 2 518 04-23-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az