Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed Study.com's Business 107: Organizational Behavior
Okay so you guys just change these things without notifying anyone of the impending changes, and then the ones who submitted their finals before these changes were made but had to WAIT FOREVER for them to be graded are now being penalized by rules we were not made aware of????

In sorry but the lack of communication regarding changes from Study.com is completely unacceptable. I've been nothing but dissapointed since I started this and That's with the scholarship, And now I wouldn't recommended anyone to waste their money either.
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:Okay so you guys just change these things without notifying anyone of the impending changes, and then the ones who submitted their finals before these changes were made but had to WAIT FOREVER for them to be graded are now being penalized by rules we were not made aware of????

In sorry but the lack of communication regarding changes from Study.com is completely unacceptable. I've been nothing but dissapointed since I started this and That's with the scholarship, And now I wouldn't recommended anyone to waste their money either.

Very strange indeed - it seems to me that changes like this should only affect anyone who signs up and begins a course on or after the day of the changes - courses in progress should not be affected.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:Very strange indeed - it seems to me that changes like this should only affect anyone who signs up and begins a course on or after the day of the changes - courses in progress should not be affected.

Yeah, I'm very upset right now because I received another e-mail from ACE saying the courses were denied, a week AFTER I got an email saying they were approved. I sent Study.com an e-mail regarding this, but now it's a waiting game and I'm frustrated seeing them taken off my ACE transcript. I'm resubmitted them as well because I feel like I have the right to fight this when they were approved over a week ago and put ON my transcript. How can they suddenly be taken off?? Why were they approved in the first place???
Is there going to be a way to see our cumulative grade on quizzes before going into a final exam?
Study.com Wrote:Sorry for the confusion! It sounds like your account has been affected by changes we very recently implemented. In accordance with the American Council on Education’s expectations and postsecondary education practices, we have updated the Study.com grading policy for our credit-recommended courses. Here are the changes we’ve made to the policy:

Thank you,
The Study.com Team

Study Team, if you think anyone here believes that ACE asked you to change your policy after this course rec'd approval on 4/1/2016 you guys must think we're stupid. ACE approval on that date allowed you to continue the EXACT course as it was submitted - you know that's true.
As to whether or not you implement new grading policy is certainly your call, but retro-acting policy changes mid-course is a scumbag move. Sure, you're not a college, so it's LEGAL, but it isn't ethical.
cookderosa Wrote:Study Team, if you think anyone here believes that ACE asked you to change your policy after this course rec'd approval on 4/1/2016 you guys must think we're stupid. ACE approval on that date allowed you to continue the EXACT course as it was submitted - you know that's true.
As to whether or not you implement new grading policy is certainly your call, but retro-acting policy changes mid-course is a scumbag move. Sure, you're not a college, so it's LEGAL, but it isn't ethical.

Wow. Just wow. Jennifer, you hit the nail right on the head!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:Okay so you guys just change these things without notifying anyone of the impending changes, and then the ones who submitted their finals before these changes were made but had to WAIT FOREVER for them to be graded are now being penalized by rules we were not made aware of????

I can totally see why you are frustrated. Definitely poor business practice Sad
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
cookderosa Wrote:Study Team, if you think anyone here believes that ACE asked you to change your policy after this course rec'd approval on 4/1/2016 you guys must think we're stupid. ACE approval on that date allowed you to continue the EXACT course as it was submitted - you know that's true.

Let's not forget that SL has been around a LOT longer than Study.com, and they are still doing their courses exactly as they have been. No problems or issues there, so this CANNOT be an ACE thing.

Study.com, you are floundering, and getting a bad review here on this forum, and trying to point the finger where it doesn't belong. How about if you just admit that you've made a mistake and fix the problems, and put anyone who is negatively affected by this new policy back where they were and not apply changes retroactively? Doing things like this to people and not taking responsibility is weak. Just own up and fix it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
They posted this in another thread:

Study.com Wrote:We wanted to address a problem we introduced to our site today. As we posted here we are changing our grading policy on how we incorporate quiz scores into your overall score for a course. These changes are being mandated by the American Council on Education in order to keep our credit recommendation for courses on our site.

Any quiz taken before 1/9/2017 will be subject to the old grading policy, the highest quiz score counts regardless of the number of quiz attempts. Any quiz taken after 1/9/2017 will be subject to our new grading policy, the highest quiz score counts within the first 3 quiz attempts. You can read more about that here.

To be clear, we will not be changing anyone's grade if you've already taken a quiz. This policy only affects quiz scores going forward. If you have any additional questions about this policy I would encourage you to talk with customer support to resolve any issues.

But still, they posted that yesterday with no prior announcement which gave no one any room to prepare for these sudden changes. Especially if someone is in the middle of a course, it's definitely unfair to be given no warning about it ahead of time. They should have announced it a while back and then given a deadline, at the very least.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,337 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,594 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,424 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 413 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 735 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 359 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,902 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 586 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 310 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue