Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster College Ace Credit Expirations
It seams that Penn Foster College is allowing the evaluations for Ace College Credit to expire for their college level courses without applying for renewal. A number have expired since May of this year. If this is correct, how very sad.

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...Active%22)
How can I get ACE credits through Penn Foster?????
How much do they cost??? It looks like they have very interesting ACE courses....
@nomaduser, cost 389 per course . look here https://www.pennfoster.edu/college/all-p...ge-courses
I know nothing else on it.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • nomaduser
(10-10-2020, 08:06 PM)P226mem Wrote: @nomaduser, cost 389 per course . look here https://www.pennfoster.edu/college/all-p...ge-courses

Thanks for your info. At that price, you can consider taking ASU Earned Admissions course ($425 each).
(10-10-2020, 08:48 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 08:06 PM)P226mem Wrote: @nomaduser, cost 389 per course . look here https://www.pennfoster.edu/college/all-p...ge-courses

Thanks for your info. At that price, you can consider taking ASU Earned Admissions course ($425 each).

That's why not many people talk about Penn Foster here: there are better options 90% of the time.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I've only taken 3 courses from Penn Foster and I paid $237 for each of them. The reason is because I applied to their degree programs, if you are a degree seeking student, they charge only $79/credit. It gets cheaper to $69/credit now if you are in specific degree programs. What I did was transferred all my ACE credits into their degree plan and asked to take the 3 courses before I took anything else, once the courses were done... I basically left it as is...

I didn't even bother asking them to remove me from the degree plan, I just "left" it as is because I know I didn't need a degree from them. But if you really do want a degree from them, you can re-use their credits towards a BSBA or BA at the Big 3 if you have all ACE credits. OR if you transfer into Walden/WGU and other providers that take NA credits, OR get a duplicating BSBA from them and some other provider, there are other options!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • MNomadic, nomaduser
I e-mailed Penn Foster College asking about renewing the ACE equivalency credit. Their reply:

"Yes, we are in the midst of the review process for them already."

Sincerely,

Tracy Kilmer
Admissions Operations
As long as they're renewing their ACE credit recommendations and not letting them expire, they'll just have to work on one thing to get more students - individual course pricing. I mean, Sophia.org had the same pricing and once they dropped the pricing considerably, they'll most likely get more students taking their classes...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Penn Foster would probably get more students if they at least did a BOGO offer like Sophia used to do every so often. On the wiki, there is mention of them being just like correspondence courses of old where they have to mail you the materials. Do they still do this or are the courses actually fully online now?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • nomaduser
(10-18-2020, 03:38 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Penn Foster would probably get more students if they at least did a BOGO offer like Sophia used to do every so often. On the wiki, there is mention of them being just like correspondence courses of old where they have to mail you the materials. Do they still do this or are the courses actually fully online now?

I believe they're 100% online now, but as early as 2-3 years ago you could at least some of their programs via mail. They charge a shipping fee for their college programs, so I'd assume they still send out textbooks & other materials.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 308 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 188 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor