Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster will a D transfer for ACE credit?
ACE | College Credit Recommendation Service

Rickyjo, the whole purpose of this forum is to help those coming after you (translation: please be exceptionally gracious to the ACE people), so with that in mind, understand that probably no one went to the lengths that I did in contacting ACE directly to get the course approved. The people at the top of ACE will help, but you need to have your facts straight.

If you haven't yet finished the course and you are asking ACE about Penn Fosters policies, then you probably won't get the answer you are searching for...ACE doesn't dictate how PF should transcript ACE courses.

on the other hand if you ask ACE a question about earning ACE Credit...such as...

It is my understanding that ACE credit is given and an ACE transcript is generated if you obtain a passing grade in an ACE Credit approved course...Is this correct? Then you will get the response you are looking for. This is ACE's policy.

You will be taken seriously if you present yourself in a way that shows that you have taken the time to understand the process and the policies.

In the case of my son's D, I knew that PF did not have a written policy that stated that they don't transcript ACE credits if a student gets a D. It doesn't exist. It's a made up policy to get students to drop another $300 for a course retake. I also knew that ACE merely required a pass to earn credit. I provided ACE with a copy of the PF grading scale showing that the 71% is passing and they approved it.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
It's all about the money Smile.
OK, with that in mind I will try not to panic. I think I will get the hang of this course soon, I'm just spooked by my initial poor results and want to make sure I know how things work before/if it becomes an issue. I feel fairly confident now that I will be able to handle it if PF pulls a fast one.
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
This does seem like a pretty dumb standard. If Penn Foster doesn't think it's worth ACE college credit, it's easy: issue an F or change the testing so that students won't get a 70 unless they know enough to warrant a C. Problem solved.
I'm an engineer. Go figure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 8 381 04-27-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: 3ichael7ambert
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 1,693 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 2,148 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 298 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 854 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 636 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 810 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 734 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 514 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 593 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy