Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS Degree: Some questions
I'm happy they are accepting my transcripts and I'm excited to get my degree but they need more documentation on what transfers and what the official process's are. If it wasn't for this forum and it's members I would be lost.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Life_One's post:
  • cookderosa
For anyone who already got their BOG Degree or is in the process, how long did it take for the FELIX system to populate with your credits?

The Felix system is also asking for this:

Final HS/GED/TASC Trans

I was able to send in my HS transcript around the same time as my college transcript, did it just in case.

Checking my admissions info I finally got this to come up in the Felix system:

General Student Record

Quote:Fall Semester 2018
Student Information effective from Summer Semester 2018 to The End of Time
Registered for Term: No
First Term Attended: Summer Semester 2018
Residence: Non-Resident
Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
Student Type: Transfer Student
Class: Freshman

Curriculum Information
Current Program
AAS
Level: Community College Level
Program: Associate of Applied Science
Admit Term: Summer Semester 2018
Admit Type: Transfer
Catalog Term: Fall Semester 2017
College: Pierpont Comm and Tech College
Campus: Pierpont Main Campus
Major: Board of Governors
(04-26-2018, 08:34 PM)echo64 Wrote: For anyone who already got their BOG Degree or is in the process, how long did it take for the FELIX system to populate with your credits?

Couple of months maybe?
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

(04-26-2018, 08:34 PM)echo64 Wrote: For anyone who already got their BOG Degree or is in the process, how long did it take for the FELIX system to populate with your credits?

The Felix system is also asking for this:

Final HS/GED/TASC Trans

I was able to send in my HS transcript around the same time as my college transcript, did it just in case.

Checking my admissions info I finally got this to come up in the Felix system:

General Student Record

Quote:Fall Semester 2018
Student Information effective from Summer Semester 2018 to The End of Time
Registered for Term: No
First Term Attended: Summer Semester 2018
Residence: Non-Resident
Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
Student Type: Transfer Student
Class: Freshman

Curriculum Information
Current Program
AAS
Level: Community College Level
Program: Associate of Applied Science
Admit Term: Summer Semester 2018
Admit Type: Transfer
Catalog Term: Fall Semester 2017
College: Pierpont Comm and Tech College
Campus: Pierpont Main Campus
Major: Board of Governors

When I called their academic advisors, they were able tell me the status of which of my transcripts were still awaiting processing. Maybe try calling them if you haven't?
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
It took me about 3 months for my transcripts to transfer. That's from two colleges and my High school transcripts. I'm still waiting on my comptia but that is done through the computer department. DeMaria, Matthew is wonderful to work with.

I would say it will take a few months.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
It took a little over 2 months for the ACE credits, and over 3 months for my CC credits to be added.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
[-] The following 1 user Likes mudball's post:
  • Life_One
(04-25-2018, 03:14 PM)Life_One Wrote: I will just say this, Sometimes I get a response other times I won't get a response. Other times, things where promised to be looked into or done for me and nothing was ever done months later if at all. Sometimes a professor will say you will receive credit for some transfers and you will be told you don't receive as much from another office.

I'm not trying to be negative but my experience with some departments has been less than stellar. That's why I recommend you save all e-mails and voice mails and whatever other paper trail because more likely than not you will need it to prove what people said or promised you.

As I learned in advocating for my foster kids in P/K-12, if it isn't written down, it was never asked or said; therefore, follow up on conversations with an email, just asking them to verify you understood everything correctly. That way you will have it in writing if there is any discrepancies that arise.
I didn't have any of the problems others seemed to have. My college transcripts, I had 2, updated within a week. My ACE took about 10-12 days. On emails, most of the time they were replied to within a couple of hours. None were longer than a day.
First contact with April 5th. There have been 38 emails to and from Nancy. A few more with Susan.
(06-20-2018, 09:01 PM)xjarhead1999 Wrote: I didn't have any of the problems others seemed to have. My college transcripts, I had 2, updated within a week. My ACE took about 10-12 days. On emails, most of the time they were replied to within a couple of hours. None were longer than a day.
First contact with April 5th. There have been 38 emails to and from Nancy. A few more with Susan.
Can people attest is completely free?

I sent all the transcripts and been in communication but so far the question about fees and costs hasn't been answered.
Pierpoint charges you nothing. The only fees are the usual ones you get when sending transcripts somewhere. Also, you have to print out a few forms. But, again, Pierpont doesn't charge you any fees.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 69 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 498 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 165 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 894 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 698 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 784 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 767 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Credit sufficiency for Pierpoint BOG Degree w/ AoE in IS DEPY 6 496 03-17-2024, 11:55 AM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 673 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,055 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM