Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts)
So I manage people who are technical in nature but don't have a degree of any kind. Many are ex-military with previous technical experience. This Pierpont BOG AAS would help them earn more money and qualify to enter into the management on the lower end since they have experience already. Once I understand this I'm going to put several of my people through this program, and then into higher positions within my organization that they can already do based on current experience.

I'm going through the process myself now and will see how this goes since I have plenty of extra credits that did not go into my BA. I have begun sending transcripts, DSST, and will keep sending them until they are satisfied.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
[-] The following 2 users Like vetvso's post:
  • neutrino, Vle045
(02-18-2022, 05:29 AM)vetvso Wrote: So I manage people who are technical in nature but don't have a degree of any kind. Many are ex-military with previous technical experience. This Pierpont BOG AAS would help them earn more money and qualify to enter into the management on the lower end since they have experience already. Once I understand this I'm going to put several of my people through this program, and then into higher positions within my organization that they can already do based on current experience.

I'm going through the process myself now and will see how this goes since I have plenty of extra credits that did not go into my BA. I have begun sending transcripts, DSST, and will keep sending them until they are satisfied.

Since you have a BA, you might not be able to get a Pierpont BOG AAS. But it sounds like you will at least have a better understanding of how everything works. 

If any of the people you manage are interested in maybe getting a Bachelor's degree in the future, have them check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan for a smoother transition to UMPI. Even if they don't want to go to UMPI, that's still a good foundation for the other schools we discuss here.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-18-2022, 05:48 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 05:29 AM)vetvso Wrote: So I manage people who are technical in nature but don't have a degree of any kind. Many are ex-military with previous technical experience. This Pierpont BOG AAS would help them earn more money and qualify to enter into the management on the lower end since they have experience already. Once I understand this I'm going to put several of my people through this program, and then into higher positions within my organization that they can already do based on current experience.

Since you have a BA, you might not be able to get a Pierpont BOG AAS. But it sounds like you will at least have a better understanding of how everything works. 

If any of the people you manage are interested in maybe getting a Bachelor's degree in the future, have them check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan for a smoother transition to UMPI. Even if they don't want to go to UMPI, that's still a good foundation for the other schools we discuss here.

Thank you and this plan is laid out well. I have several in TESU and our company is currently covering tuition. I'm sure I could get UMPI approved as well for the business degree.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
(02-18-2022, 05:48 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Since you have a BA, you might not be able to get a Pierpont BOG AAS.

I wish that weren't the case. Even if they charged Bachelor's degree holders a fee that they don't charge their normal clientele, I'd bet they get a lot of takers. They could consider it a fundraiser!
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • rachel83az
So did get a response from Nancy, and she asked me straight out if I can a degree. I did not send her my TESU transcript but she asked me anyway. I didn't lie and she then told me it was for people who didn't have any degree. I asked for an exception, but I don't expect it is possible any longer. I am however having my children, Techs sign up because they have not finished their degree yet.
Update: The cost of a Pierpont degree has now dropped to a total of as little as $3 (IIRC, that's the cost of a Clackamas transcript; could be $5).

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...a-for-FREE
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I was wondering how the people who previously graduated with degrees were able to obtain an AAS BOG degree from Pierpont. Does the school not check with the National Student Clearinghouse for prior degree verification?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 407 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 175 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 372 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 555 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 553 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 829 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,481 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,218 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 888 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,234 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM