Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS no longer free
Looks like it's now $300 for an evaluation: https://www.pierpont.edu/cost-aid/cost/tuition/

Honestly, it's a fair price, but I'm bummed as my kid turns 20 in 2 days and I was going to have her get this.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
This is interesting. I'm comparing the 2021-2022 catalog (when it was "free") and seeing the same "degree evaluation" price listed in tuition from 2021-22.

I wonder if it's just the portfolio evaluation vs whole program? Maybe try in 2 days and see what happens?

anyway, for 2022-23 there are some small changes in the Gen Ed requirements too. But it looks like nice changes for that. Only 3 credits in communication instead of 6, 3 in social sciences instead of 6. So that means 45 electives now instead of 39.
I think this goes to current catalog.
https://catalog.pierpont.edu/preview_pro...turnto=401
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • clj626
Not sure if the pricing is going to cause too much of an issue as it's still the "cheapest" Associates one can get unless you're going to get one of the freebies from TESU or UMPI en route to their respective Bachelors. Also, I just looked and noticed the 45 general education requirements vs the previous 39... I guess there are changes, but depends on the persons needs, if you're OK with the pricing changes (not confirmed yet, I would ask when applying), go for it, otherwise if you're going the TESU or UMPI route, get it applied and <forget about it>...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
and if it helps, this is where I was seeing in the 2021 2022 catalog about "tuition" degree evaluation
https://catalog.pierpont.edu/content.php...navoid=338

In years just before that, they had the option to do that price if one did not have any WV college credits.

Let us know how it goes when you apply
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

So Now Pierpont required 12 RA Credit instead of 1 RA Credit?
(07-14-2022, 07:12 AM)MidtownNYC Wrote: So Now Pierpont required 12 RA Credit instead of 1 RA Credit?

For a few years, the requirement has been 12 RA credits.   The "1 RA credit" spoken of on this forum means at least 1 of those 12 needs to be a course with a grade.
It's confusing becuase Pierpont seems to let sophia courses as meeting the RA credit.  But you still need at least 1 RA credit with an actual grade instead of p/f at sophia.

and once student has applied, don't rely on what's in "degree works" on the student online system as that is set up for all other programs except BOG (it shows as 15 credits at pierpont). rely on what Nancy Parks tells you when you apply for graduation.

@Dfrecore, any update if there is a charge for you kid?    and I'm curious if applicant needs to be 20 years old or not.  I've read that UMPI has it as minimum age, but have not heard that with  Pierpont -- I've heard Pierpont it is "2 years after high school graduation". subtle difference, but wasn't sure

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • Pikachu
I know that they charge $300 for a prior learning "portfolio evaluation" and have for a while. Maybe that's what they're talking about here on the new version of the site? Or... maybe it really is a new fee.

Here's what it says re: the portfolio eval...
Quote:A portfolio may not be submitted for a course in which there is a CLEP or other standardized award credit or for which an institutional test-out exists. A portfolio must align with the student learning outcomes of a specific course offered at Pierpont or at another WV higher education institution. A portfolio will be reviewed and recommended for college credit by a faculty expert(s) in that content area. Students may receive fewer credits than requested. Students are expected to pay portfolio review fee before the portfolio is sent out for review, and payment of portfolio fees does not guarantee that credits will be granted. If credit is granted, the grade of CR will be given.

A PLA coordinator will assist the student in deciding whether or not a portfolio submission is recommended. Cost of the portfolio evaluation is $300 and a $10 credit posting fee per credit earned. The fees are not financial aid eligible.

I'm currently in the process of getting my BoG degree--according to my audit, all I need is 3 social science credits (should be taken care of by AP Microeconomics exam score) and 6 math/science credits (should be taken care of by Sophia Environmental Science, which is done, and ALEKS College Algebra, which is in process). I'll let y'all know if they ask me for $300 before I graduate.

(Edit: here's another link about the BoG program in particular that mentions a $300 portfolio eval fee. Again, this is not a new page.)

Quote:Students desiring to submit portfolio(s) for credit evaluation must meet with the Program Coordinator for direction and must be enrolled in the program. A $300.00 portfolio fee and $10.00 per credit hour acceptance fee is charged for each portfolio submitted and credit granted after evaluation.

(...)

Students who wish to appeal for general elective college credits not addressed through existing standardized awards may do so through a portfolio process.  Students who wish to exercise this option must complete a 1-credit Portfolio Development course; pay a non-refundable fee of $300; pay a $10 per credit hour transcription fee; and recognize that there is no guarantee of credits granted and that no other degree program is obligated to honor credits earned in the portfolio process.  Financial aid does not cover costs associated with portfolio submission.  Further, all portfolio credit appeals must align with the student learning outcomes of a specific Pierpont course.

I'm pretty sure that "existing standardized awards" here means things like CLEP and AP exams, ACE-approved credits, and credits transferred from other colleges.
Current: WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (082/122 credits)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
Basically the information hasn't been confirmed yet, I don't think there is a fee but people who are going for the degree should find out. I would just apply and try to graduate, see what the fees are and if there are any, pay them. Report what those fees are if any.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • rachel83az, raekwon, Tedium
I will update once my kid finishes her computer course. It's all we're waiting for.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle
Yesterday someone on a different group that I am in asked Ms Parks if the degree is still free and she said it is, but she did acknowledge that several of the gened course requirements are now 3 credits instead of 6.
[-] The following 5 users Like christinadq's post:
  • MidtownNYC, origamishuttle, Pikachu, rachel83az, raekwon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 10 368 38 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 161 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 547 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 944 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 744 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 803 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 816 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 697 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,114 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,776 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares