Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pierpont requesting NCCRS transcript
(04-05-2022, 07:56 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I don't think it's worth doing this, I would take a different ACE course and send it on through.  Trying to get this onto an EC transcript and then getting that to Pierpont could take a while.

The course isn't super difficult and I think still worth doing--IF-- one knows to go ahead and transcript it through the EC channels right away ( if they know where they're planning to go) The issue is Study.com isn't outlining this fact when you enroll in the class or look at the class. I emailed with someone in support and they couldn't quite understand what the issue was but later said to go through EC. 
  Nancy Parks emailed me back from the school and said this was something new for them...... ? I'm going to see if by dealing with this if it can help Pierpont just accept it on the study transcript. Smile I can hope anyway.
The EC transcripts are kind of expensive! That's silly and makes no sense, unless you want to transcript a lot of NCCRS courses or something to send to Pierpont.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
How much does the transcript cost at Excelsior? For some reason, I still have a $40 fee stuck in my memory... they have this fee for some of their ACE/NCCRS articulation partners or providers. If you have say, 10+ courses to transfer over from ACE or NCCRS partners such as Coopersmith, Davar, LawShelf, or Onlinedegree.com, then it may be worth it just to spend the $40, but if you have just 1 course and you can complete a Saylor exam or a Study.com equivalent for $70, you can decide which is a better, easier, faster route to get this credit.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-06-2022, 10:13 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: How much does the transcript cost at Excelsior?  For some reason, I still have a $40 fee stuck in my memory... they have this fee for some of their ACE/NCCRS articulation partners or providers.  If you have say, 10+ courses to transfer over from ACE or NCCRS partners such as Coopersmith, Davar, LawShelf, or Onlinedegree.com, then it may be worth it just to spend the $40, but if you have just 1 course and you can complete a Saylor exam or a Study.com equivalent for $70, you can decide which is a better, easier, faster route to get this credit.

It's $50 right now. It seems ridiculous that it shows up on the study transcript but some schools require it done through Excelsior. Study at least needs to make this clear in big type before someone takes the class. I shouldn't need the class for the AAS but took it in case it's needed at UMPI.
I was finally able to get the class added to my Pierpont transcript using Excelsior after a lot of back and forth.

They are not as familiar with the NCCRS process.

I also used the NCCRS service where they reach out to the school on your behalf to get them to honor their credit policies.

Excelsior process is quick and uses parchment.

ETA: I too felt anxious about asking them to recheck their policies, etc. But I and others are working hard towards our educational goals, and we deserve our credit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes misskym's post:
  • ISKBizz15
(04-06-2022, 12:04 PM)misskym Wrote: I was finally able to get the class added to my Pierpont transcript using Excelsior after a lot of back and forth.

They are not as familiar with the NCCRS process.

I also used the NCCRS service where they reach out to the school on your behalf to get them to honor their credit policies.

Excelsior process is quick and uses parchment.

ETA: I too felt anxious about asking them to recheck their policies, etc. But I and others are working hard towards our educational goals, and we deserve our credit.

Can you 'splain in detail please ? You used NCCRS service where they reached out to the school ? Also, you said Excelsior uses parchment ? That means they will email the transcript ? Did you still mail off the request form to get all of this to happen and pay the $50?
After completing the course successfully, I sent the SDC transcript and a Credly transcript as it had another ACE course I had recently finished.

I was told that the SDC transcript could not be accepted and that it needed to be on the Credly. I tried to explain how only ACE credits are on Credly.

I used the Excelsior/SDC partnership to pay maybe $50 or so to use the Transcript One service to evaluate the SDC course and add it to the Excelsior transcript. Then I used parchment to electronically send it to Pierpont.

Just to be told it still would not be accepted.

I then used http://www.nationalccrs.org/content/requ...-obtaining to get the NCCRS to reach out to Pierpont.

Some more back and forth.

Then yesterday I was told that after reconsideration, the credit would be added to my Pierpont transcript in the next couple of days.

I did mail off the form that Excelsior requests. I do not know if making the payment over the phone/online is an option.
[-] The following 1 user Likes misskym's post:
  • ISKBizz15
Thanks for all the advice. I went to a link provided by "support" with Study.com and found the form to request the credits be transferred to EC. I also went to the NCCRS website and followed some of their links about getting credit for courses. Ironically, they say it should be done through the course "sponsor."  Guess who that is ? Study.com. So, it seems a round and round sort of circle, where Pierpont doesn't understand they can accept the NCCRS recommendation from Study or that they are listed on the NCCRS website as a school that accepts the credits.....( they sure are) If they accept study.com courses for ACE credit, it makes no sense to not accept the NCCRS credits also without having to jump hoops with EC.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 466 Yesterday, 12:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 140 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 889 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 679 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 779 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 756 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 671 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,040 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,729 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,372 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP