Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please review my BSBA Accounting degree plan
Here's what I have left in my business requirements. I also still have Statistics through SL. Here's my guess at the order I should take them; could you guys weigh in? I have quite a bit of Saylor here...if it's too dumb an undertaking to use so much Saylor, feel free to say so...I'm always open to suggestions!

Intro Computer Science - Saylor
Business/Managerial Communications - Saylor
Business in Society or International Management - TECEP
Business Law - Saylor
Macroeconomics - Saylor
Microeconomics - Saylor
Managerial Accounting - TECEP
Financial Accounting - Saylor
Financial Mgmt - Penn Foster (princ of finance sub)
Strategic Management - TECEP

I put Strategic Mgmt last so I can use it later on to keep my enrollment current bc I'm planning on enrolling before the end of the year, and don't know how long it'll take to finish.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Also wondering if I should try subbing Saylor's Intro to Statistics instead of Straighterline's? I'm using the HeadFirst Statistics to study, soo...maybe it would work? Has anyone tried Saylor's Intro to Stats?
Graduated June 2018!
keepsingin Wrote:I'll definitely do the free course then. Thanks for the info on SL...

The DSST Principles of Finance's acceptance by TESU is expiring on Dec 31st this year. Should I try to knock it out quickly to get it transferred into TESU before then, or is there a reasonable alternative? The only one I found is Pearson's Introduction to Finance. I don't know anything about Pearson though... Any ideas on what I should do?

Don't forget the UEXCEL Principles of Finance CBE, still cheaper than Propero.
Excelsior College | Principles of Finance

It is however pretty hard, I failed it a few months ago (well I got a D) am retaking in Sept. If I fail again I'll give Propero a go.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
Certificate in Accounting: Cornell University
keepsingin Wrote:Also wondering if I should try subbing Saylor's Intro to Statistics instead of Straighterline's? I'm using the HeadFirst Statistics to study, soo...maybe it would work? Has anyone tried Saylor's Intro to Stats?

Will Aleks statistics not work for you? I used it and didn't find it too difficult once I memorized the new symbols. It's cheaper than SL or the Saylor proctored final.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
Thanks for the UExcel option, Leedeedee. I'll look into it.

alzee Wrote:Will Aleks statistics not work for you? I used it and didn't find it too difficult once I memorized the new symbols. It's cheaper than SL or the Saylor proctored final.

I forgot that Aleks is cheaper than Saylor...might give it a go then. I was thinking of of SL just because it had a lot of positive feedback. Good suggestion, I might as well try it over Saylor, because for me, unproctored=less stress which is a huge plus. lol Smile
Graduated June 2018!
*bump* Any suggestions on the order I should take these?

keepsingin Wrote:Here's what I have left in my business requirements ... Here's my guess at the order I should take them; could you guys weigh in? I have quite a bit of Saylor here...if it's too dumb an undertaking to use so much Saylor, feel free to say so...I'm always open to suggestions!

Business Law - Saylor
Macroeconomics - Saylor
Microeconomics - Saylor

I put Strategic Mgmt last so I can use it later on to keep my enrollment current bc I'm planning on enrolling before the end of the year, and don't know how long it'll take to finish.
Graduated June 2018!
keepsingin Wrote:*bump* Any suggestions on the order I should take these?

Macro/Micro around the same time

In Order:
Financial Accounting
Managerial Accounting
Financial Management

Strategic Management last

Other than that, the rest don't matter much, you can go in any order.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Macro/Micro around the same time

In Order:
Financial Accounting
Managerial Accounting
Financial Management

Strategic Management last

Other than that, the rest don't matter much, you can go in any order.

Awesome, thanks for the reply!
Graduated June 2018!
keepsingin Wrote:Here's what I have left in my business requirements. I also still have Statistics through SL. Here's my guess at the order I should take them; could you guys weigh in? I have quite a bit of Saylor here...if it's too dumb an undertaking to use so much Saylor, feel free to say so...I'm always open to suggestions!

Business Law - Saylor
Macroeconomics - Saylor
Microeconomics - Saylor

Saylor's materials seems to be a bit more of a drag far as getting through the text and other data for their courses. If you want an faster time I would say straighterline for the accounting classes.
The complaint with Saylor seems to be the disorganized, overkill coursework that's thrown together. How course-specific are the exams? Are they broad enough that you can find a free MOOC, or general textbook on the subject, skip the Saylor work altogether, and still pass the exam? If so, the low price of Saylor would still make it worth it, if it were me.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,456 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,550 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 771 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,179 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,702 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia