Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree
For 579€, Metropolia University has 180 ECTS for an IT/Comp Sci degree. Course descriptions are here: https://opinto-opas.metropolia.fi/offering/13/62610
Registration is here: https://hakija.oma.metropolia.fi/#3253

Includes Discrete Math, several programming languages, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, a couple of gen eds (economics, Finnish) and more. 

If you just want to take a few of the courses, they're available here: https://www.metropolia.fi/en/academics/o...technology

I believe that this is the first 3 years of their Bachelor's degree in IT https://www.metropolia.fi/en/academics/b...technology which means that some of these may count as UL credits when evaluated. 

This is potentially 90+ US credits for about $760USD ($195 evaluation fee + 579€), or less than $8.50USD per credit.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 6 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Arto, lucillegyl, MrPanda, nomaduser, origamishuttle, Pikachu
Good But:

Foreign students also need Finnish personal identity code to be able to study in Metropolia's Open UAS.

hmmm...

I guess it's like the Helsinki Open U, unless you can get a student ID somehow through XAMK, you still need Finnish ID for Open U programs.
European students should have no problem; they should be able to verify directly with suomi.fi. American students can still register: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fi...d_Sciences
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
(09-26-2022, 09:22 AM)FrHaseKopf Wrote: Foreign students also need Finnish personal identity code to be able to study in Metropolia's Open UAS.

No they do not. The hard ID confirmation is done via email with the study secretary. My American husband is registered there... Metropolia is one of several Finnish universities that is willing to bypass the usual suomi.fi system to allow foreigners to register  Blush

And by the way, U Helsinki also allows this. You Zoom with the ID guy to confirm your identity. Instructions are on the wiki linked above.
[-] The following 4 users Like sarahmac's post:
  • jch, origamishuttle, Pikachu, rachel83az
Wow... That's pretty awesome! Thanks for creating this post/thread, you learn something new every day...
It's my time to read the WIKI and "Zoom chat with the ID guy"... I'll report back if anything goes differently
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(09-26-2022, 12:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wow... That's pretty awesome!  Thanks for creating this post/thread, you learn something new every day...
It's my time to read the WIKI and "Zoom chat with the ID guy"...  I'll report back if anything goes differently

They won't give you a U Helsinki ID unless you actually *need* one to take a class through the Open U (i.e. not for their MOOCs on MOOC.fi, see these examples here and here).

But as soon as you find a class you want to take you can register directly for it, then follow the instructions linked in the Wiki to let the IT folks do their thing. The IT guy last year was a massive guy with a beard called Jasmin. He was very nice and Zoomed with me and my husband at 8am Finnish time before work ^^'

Once you have the Helsinki account you can of course have MOOC credits transcripted under that ID. It's just they won't *give* you one only for taking a MOOC.fi class, since you can already have that transcripted using your HAKA login from XAMK/Laurea etc.

Here are some cheap or free examples currently open for enrolling:
https://studies.helsinki.fi/courses/cur/...cs_and_R_I
https://studies.helsinki.fi/courses/cur/...tex_Course

See how halfway down the page it talks about actually getting a UHelsinki account, vs. the MOOC.fi courses linked at the top of this post which say you must use your existing uni ID.

-

Btw, just make sure to have your credits evaluated or sign up for another class before the account expires. Truthfully, I forgot about mine and now I lost access. You don't get long after the class officially ends.
[-] The following 4 users Like sarahmac's post:
  • jch, lucillegyl, origamishuttle, Pikachu
Does Metropolia provide you with a certificate of completion / diploma, or a transcript?

I'm interested in taking the programme, but if they give just a transcript in the end - probably it would be more useful to take all CS courses separately, and skip unnesessary ones (like Finnish for foreigners).

A certificate, though, would be nice looking in a resume. Or a diploma (thinking about XAMK's tourism one).

What option is available there?
[-] The following 1 user Likes thunderstruck's post:
  • origamishuttle
I don't think they give you a certificate. But some of the classes also aren't available separately.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
Try to email them. They respond to requests
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • origamishuttle
Got my cousin enrolled Smile He plans to transfer Metropolia's classes to TESU.
I'll report back once I know more.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 3 users Like NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • indigoshuffle, origamishuttle, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 943 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 272 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,049 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,088 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 198 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,103 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 839 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 14,985 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,463 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Accelerate Newlane degree with unaccredited degree? Pinko64 5 632 10-31-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Pinko64