Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Ph.D coming to University of the People
They should become an RA university before they expand into doctorate programs. The RA board gave them a long list of things they need to improve upon to become a candidate. They should fix their issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • elcastor21
They're probably working on multiple fronts at the same time, such as getting RA, planning Doctoral/PhD programs, improving student experience, correcting issues, policy changes, learning system updates, etc. There are so many things happening, they'll get through them in due time, that's when approvals for RA or Doctoral, PhD, and other programs will be added.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
They go through all that with own many human resources...?
I'm with ss20ts with improving the "to do" list for RA. This should be a priority.
Too many things and you can lose perspective.
I appreciate their consideration of a doctorate program, no matter it is a PhD or not. However, I would concern about the peer-review mechanism of doctor-level essays. It might not be a good experience. The discussion board has already been stifling (the issue might exist for many many universities adopting it... ) .
[-] The following 1 user Likes datby98's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-09-2023, 09:30 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Are you an instructor TINASAM?  I am curious what the requirements are to be an instructor.  Do you have to have a Masters degree or teaching experience?

"Type: Adjunct/Part-Time
Posted: 08/21/2023 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 06/12/2023)
Category: Computer Science
Diversity

University of the People (UoPeople), a non-profit dedicated to opening access to higher education is currently seeking Volunteer Instructors to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Computer Science.

Your service as a Volunteer Instructor will support UoPeople’s global mission to offer affordable, quality, online, degree-granting educational programs to any qualified student. Instructors should plan for a weekly commitment of around 15 hours of volunteering for the duration of the nine-week UoPeople term. The University will issue modest expense reimbursements to Volunteer Instructors ($450-$900 for undergraduate course and $650-$1300 for graduate level course) in appreciation for their generous contributions toward our mission.

Position Description:

UoPeople Volunteer Instructors must make a weekly commitment of about 15 hours to course-related activities, which consist of responding to student emails and messages, posting discussion questions, engaging with students, grading learning journals, and reviewing peer assessments. Each UoPeople course is nine weeks long and is taught fully online in the learning management system. Instructors must be able to teach in an online world and understand the needs of a very diverse student population.

Essential Responsibilities:

Devote approximately 15 hours per course per week.
Maintain an instructor presence in the course with frequent check-ins and responsiveness to students.
Communicate effectively with diverse student populations and an international administration.
Teach course subject matter to ensure every student can master learning outcomes.
Regularly check in with Academic Affairs administrators regarding any course issues.
Monitor course grades and finalize grades by deadlines.
Model sensitivity to a diverse student population, representing the full spectrum of cultural, political, socio-economic, and religious backgrounds.

Minimum Qualifications:

Online teaching experience using a learning management system is preferred.
The minimum degree requirement is a master's degree with a Ph.D. preferred in the discipline.
Expertise is required in the subject area of the course.

How to Join

Interested applicants should submit an application via our instructor application portal at the following address: https://www.uopeople.edu/volunteer/"

https://www.higheredjobs.com/institution...%20Science

https://www.higheredjobs.com/institution...e%20People
I have personally taught at UoPeople. I have a master's degree in psychology and taught the health psychology course. I quit after one course. It is a volunteer job and they micromanage you. You're expected to devote a lot of time to the courses that you teach. I did it at first to volunteer out of the goodness of my heart but after the micromanaging and the amount of time they expect you to devote I was a little upset at the little honorarium that they give. Plagiarism is rampant nonstop. To the point where some papers were 100% plagiarism. Never again will I volunteer with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 113 16,846 04-25-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 336 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 769 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 2,040 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,256 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 527 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,438 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 390 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,782 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 710 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger