Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Prayer Request, Good Thoughts, Positive Vibes Requested!
Hey all!

I'm having a total thyroidectomy done on Wednesday for suspected thyroid cancer (docs 80% sure). I've had lots of "female" related surgeries over the years and have never been worried, but with young kids at home and the "C" word looming I'm nervous. I'm hoping for some positive thoughts and prayers from my friends here to help ensure a good outcome. I would really appreciate it if you could send some positive energy my way on Wednesday. Since I'm a teacher, we are also worried about damage to my vocal cords. No voice, no job! This surgery just has a lot of concerns and I'm just very nervous. I love this board and am very grateful for all the support and help I have received. I can only hope to be able to contribute a small amount of that support back to other members. Thanks again for everything you have done, as I came here just wanting to finish my AS and am now finishing my second BS and will start Grad school in Aug. if all turns out good this week. Thanks again! Please keep my family and I in your thoughts on Wednesday! Thanks!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
From one mother, of young ones, to another.....I know exactly where you're coming from. ***So nothing but positive energy 6/30/10***
Started 5/09
*** EXAMS PASSED***
[SIZE="1"]Hist I & II, American Gov, Intro to Comp, Prin of Markt, Intro to Bus,
Civil War and Recon, HTYH, A&I Lit, SS & His, Intro Soc, Subs Abuse,
Human G & D , Fund of Coun, Western Civ I, II, Freshman Comp, Vietnam War, Europe Since 1945, Ethics, Technical Writing, Intro to Modern Middle East[SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

TESC:
FEMA: PD Series
ALEK :[/SIZE]
[B][SIZE="1"][I]
“I think therefore I am” Rene Descartes
"Grant me the strength to change the things I can; the serenity to accept the things I can’t... and the wisdom to know the difference".Smile Smile
[/SIZE]
[/B][/I]
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Navy"]For those who believe, no proof is necessary; for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. [I][I][I][I][SIZE="1"]Stuart Chase[/SIZE][/I][/I][/I][/I]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
1 positive vibe for now "Today" more later.GRIN
You will be fine just keep believing.
marianne202 Wrote:Hey all!

I'm having a total thyroidectomy done on Wednesday for suspected thyroid cancer (docs 80% sure). I've had lots of "female" related surgeries over the years and have never been worried, but with young kids at home and the "C" word looming I'm nervous. I'm hoping for some positive thoughts and prayers from my friends here to help ensure a good outcome. I would really appreciate it if you could send some positive energy my way on Wednesday. Since I'm a teacher, we are also worried about damage to my vocal cords. No voice, no job! This surgery just has a lot of concerns and I'm just very nervous. I love this board and am very grateful for all the support and help I have received. I can only hope to be able to contribute a small amount of that support back to other members. Thanks again for everything you have done, as I came here just wanting to finish my AS and am now finishing my second BS and will start Grad school in Aug. if all turns out good this week. Thanks again! Please keep my family and I in your thoughts on Wednesday! Thanks!
>>

YOU GOT IT!!!!
God is sovereign and He will not allow anything to happen that is not in His will. Maintain your faith regardless of the outcome!!! His perfect plan is in place. That being said, my prayer is that you will have a speedy recovery; be cancer free and that God will continue to bless you and your family.
[SIZE="3"]May God the Father guide and grant great wisdom, a focused mind, and skillful hands to your Physicians, and grant that every cause of illness be removed so that you may be restored to soundness of health. I ask this through and in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit - Amen.[/SIZE]
[SIZE="7"]+[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Sending prayers!!!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
ShotoJuku Wrote:... [SIZE="7"]+[/SIZE]
Amen to all that. You have our prayers, Marianne.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
-Jeff
You and your family will be in my prayers.

A good friend of mine had this done about 4 months ago. Her Dr. was also concerned about cancer. Everything went great she recovered slowly for the 1st 3-4 days then all was well. She is now considered cancer free and is back to all of her normal activities. She is a nurse working in an administrative job and she also worried about her voice, again all is well now. So I will pray your outcome is as good as hers.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Mother's Day! Life is Good! Vanity Update Charles Fout 4 691 10-14-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Living the Good Life on $24,000 a Year? Retire in Your 20’s or 30’s? LevelUP 34 5,832 03-26-2022, 12:28 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  What is Good Advice for Future Expats? Kal Di 3 701 03-13-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Messdiener
  Windows 11 Home Upgrade - Pretty Good bjcheung77 3 881 03-06-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Specific college discussion request: WGU MNomadic 2 845 05-26-2020, 11:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Shocker - Common Core not giving good outcomes dfrecore 16 2,772 04-24-2020, 02:18 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  where's a good place to relocate if you're in tech ? nyvrem 9 2,084 03-03-2019, 09:23 AM
Last Post: alab21
  Thoughts on Unions? MNomadic 2 1,010 10-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Seemed like a good deal, Name Brand assoc. School low tuition Unv. of Ark. but not frank.f.franky 9 2,954 06-17-2018, 03:39 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Thoughts? Regards 4 1,076 05-31-2018, 05:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore