Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-work prior to 3/14 Start
(02-08-2022, 12:24 PM)lidel Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 01:09 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 09:32 AM)CCCC Wrote: I just finished Bus 200 Intermediate Business Computing. The final has four components to it Word Brochure, Excel and a PowerPoint Presentation of a business of your choosing. It was a fun project, but took some time to plan. I would say just brush up on those skills for that final.

Whoa that class is totally different than when I completed it! I had to write a 10-15 page case study about Biggie Logistics. The Strut Learning Platform course was called Fundamentals of Information Technology. Did the Strut Learning course change?

It may have changed. I did this course a couple of weeks back and there was no mention about "Fundamentals of Information Technology" on my end. It only referenced Bus 200 Intermediate Business Computing. The instructor was super responsive and great to work with.

Oh it has definitely changed since I took this class. We didn't have anything to do with MS Office. It's a completely different class now. LOL
BUS 200 is the easiest class I've taken so far. The milestones build on your final project, and you don't even have to submit finished brochures/spreadsheets/etc for them. I finished that class in less than a week's time. If you have any prior experience with MS Office, it would be even easier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sksandorff90's post:
  • Vle045
Thank you!
This is just my tip and I'm sure I'm not the first one to do this but when I first start a class, the first thing I do is read what the final consists of and then build all my milestones around that in mind. I'll do the research, APA formatting and will start writing my paper asap. My goal is to have the final draft submitted within a day of finishing the course. I'm going for the BA with the Management concentration and have been able to finish 9 classes in 3 weeks time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CCCC's post:
  • Vle045
Other than any alternative credits I might want to grab, I am also doing some Coursera courses on the topics that might be covered in buisiness classes. I can play Coursera videos while I work and listen to them. (I work from home). So even if I don’t catch everything, hopefully that will at minimum give me some familiarity with the topics before I go for credit. The nice thing about Coursera is that most courses you can watch for free. You only have to pay if you want to take quizzes and get certificates.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(02-10-2022, 08:05 AM)CCCC Wrote: This is just my tip and I'm sure I'm not the first one to do this but when I first start a class, the first thing I do is read what the final consists of and then build all my milestones around that in mind. I'll do the  research, APA formatting and will start writing my paper asap.  My goal is to have the final draft submitted within a day of finishing the course.  I'm going for the BA with the Management concentration and have been able to finish 9 classes in 3 weeks time.
Thank you

(02-10-2022, 08:28 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Other than any alternative credits I might want to grab, I am also doing some Coursera courses on the topics that might be covered in buisiness classes.   I can play Coursera videos while I work and listen to them.  (I work from home).  So even if I don’t catch everything, hopefully that will at minimum give me some familiarity with the topics before I go for credit.  The nice thing about Coursera is that most courses you can watch for free.  You only have to pay if you want to take quizzes and get certificates.
Thank you
(02-10-2022, 08:05 AM)CCCC Wrote: This is just my tip and I'm sure I'm not the first one to do this but when I first start a class, the first thing I do is read what the final consists of and then build all my milestones around that in mind. I'll do the  research, APA formatting and will start writing my paper asap.  My goal is to have the final draft submitted within a day of finishing the course.  I'm going for the BA with the Management concentration and have been able to finish 9 classes in 3 weeks time.

When the class opens I go straight to the Final Assessment to see what I will need to do. I make notes throughout the course content to see what sections I'll need later. I didn't have many Milestones with my first degree. I'm on my second UMPI degree and every course except 1 has Milestones. One had 6. That took forever to get affirmed. I don't start my paper until I'm done with the content.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Mr T

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  March 11 Start Date ari_b93 4 317 02-25-2024, 01:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How does adding another class work? Marlin9276 4 425 02-02-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Bachelor of liberal studies-management minor - Start to finish in 5 months Federicojavier 61 11,823 12-30-2023, 11:22 AM
  How to start MAOL? Junco 4 517 11-06-2023, 12:30 PM
Question Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later? Tobutz 4 664 10-23-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  Can't start this session, super bummed.. lllunchbox 13 1,058 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Credit from Work Experience oraibihm 8 727 08-20-2023, 12:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Getting ahead before semester start bobbymo 8 1,016 06-21-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: LakeMomNY
  How long would you need to work for 30 credits on UMPI? ecdw94 7 1,758 04-02-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: joshua27
  Start to finish lets hear those stories ! Mike Williams 2 495 01-06-2023, 09:31 AM
Last Post: allvia