Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Principles of Speech Results (military)
Hey all, just had a quick question for any military folks out there regarding the results from the speech CLEP.

I took my test on 13 Aug, and I'm still waiting for results (8 weeks tomorrow). The education office on base (I'm active duty Air Force, btw) told me it could take up to 3 months for me to receive my results. I'm about ready to pull my hair out. What is the average timeframe for results to arrive (on your CCAF progress report and the full report)? Did it arrive in your mailbox, or the education office? Also, I am stationed overseas in Japan...not sure if this would play a factor in delay Sad

Any input would be great, as I'm really stressing over this. I've already knocked out 4 CLEPS in 1 week (College Math, Freshman College Comp, Social Science and History, Ethics in America), and this is my last 3 SH before I get my CCAF. Thanks!
I took It last April and my results showed up in June. I have heard it can take a quite a while. The first place it showed up was on my CCAF transcrip in the Virtual Education Center. It was another month before the Education office saw the results page. They got it and then gave it to me.

Good luck!
AAS Aviation Maintenance Technology CCAF

CLEP
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 67
College Composition Modular/No Essay 62
American Government 56
College Mathematics 53
Introductory Psychology 66
Introductory Sociology 58
Humanities 63
Information Systems and Computer Technology 69
College Composition 54
History of the United States I 63

DSST
Principles of Public Speaking 58
Technical Writing 55
Here's to Your Health 440
A History of the Vietnam War 69
Introduction to Computing 443
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 54
Ethics in America 433
Western Europe since 1945 46
Principles of Statistics 407
Art of the Western World 50
Introduction to the Modern Middle East 59
Intro to World Religions 437
Civil War and Reconstruction 56
General Anthropology 55
Human Culture and Geography 59
Substance Abuse 465
Environment and Humanity 58
Organizational Behavior 60
It's been 9 weeks and 4 days since I took the exam...I'm starting to think I didn't pass. Does anyone know any other way to find results early online?
You can call prometrics and seeif it they have scored it but they won't tell you if you passed. You can order a transcript free if you have it sent to your test control officer.
AAS Aviation Maintenance Technology CCAF

CLEP
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 67
College Composition Modular/No Essay 62
American Government 56
College Mathematics 53
Introductory Psychology 66
Introductory Sociology 58
Humanities 63
Information Systems and Computer Technology 69
College Composition 54
History of the United States I 63

DSST
Principles of Public Speaking 58
Technical Writing 55
Here's to Your Health 440
A History of the Vietnam War 69
Introduction to Computing 443
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 54
Ethics in America 433
Western Europe since 1945 46
Principles of Statistics 407
Art of the Western World 50
Introduction to the Modern Middle East 59
Intro to World Religions 437
Civil War and Reconstruction 56
General Anthropology 55
Human Culture and Geography 59
Substance Abuse 465
Environment and Humanity 58
Organizational Behavior 60
Hello, I just took Principles of Speech in July. I think it was July 21st or 22nd. Something like that. I didn't know my results until September 18th or 19th. Something like that. It was basically 8 weeks, lol. It showed up on my unofficial CCAF transcript first and then I got a copy of my scores in the mail. I remember at one point forgetting I had even taken the exam and then I remembered randomly toward mid September when looking up my next batch of classes. I was like, hey, wait a second, public speaking! I clepped that! WTF are my scores?!
CLEPS passed:
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
American History Part I
English Composition Modular

DANTES passed:
Public Speaking
Organizational Behavior
I still haven't received my scores yet, and I deploy in a few weeks Sad I spoke to the education office here...they looked up my records on the DANTES database and apparently, my speech clep hasn't been graded yet.

Does anyone know the number to call Prometric directly? Google seems to have failed me on this.
kauaiboy117 Wrote:Does anyone know the number to call Prometric directly? Google seems to have failed me on this.
Thompson Prometric, DSST Program | 2000 Lenox Drive, 3rd floor, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648 | Toll free (877) 471-9860

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Speech is one of the few CLEP tests that require a qualified human to review and score. So yes, results take quite a while to receive. This is a shame as it is the most common credit requirement remaining on people's CCAF degree plans. It is almost to the point where taking a college communications course is quicker.
I'd recommend taking the BYU speech class instead of the DSST. The course can be completed in under 2 weeks and your results are received ALOT faster. Besides, with the way the DSST/CLEP policy is right now, once you fail you have to pay to retake anyway...cheersmate This comment isn't directed at the OP or previous posters- it's more for people considering the Speech DSST in the future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 2,930 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,583 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,537 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,775 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,875 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Military Residency Requirement natshar 3 1,925 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Military waiver for residency charge at tesu Zachcleigh 4 2,259 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ECH90
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,360 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  DraftKings Partners With VetsinTech to Offer Free Coding Training to Ex-Military Memb decimon 0 2,091 06-14-2018, 09:08 PM
Last Post: decimon
  The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements! Life Long Learning 42 8,775 06-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku