Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Professional editing service
I'd suggest checking your local library. Many offer writing lab services that can help with citations and format.
As a FYI, in addition to the TESU student option, with each course taken at Straighterline (and I think others providers may offer something similar), you have access to 10 hours of free Pearson Smarthinking access which you can use for tutoring on a specific subject and academic paper reviews.

If you're not taking courses with SL or TESU, you can also pay for the Smarthinking writing review service directly at $32 (1-9 pages) or $50 (10+ pages) for each writing review. I have no experience with their writing review service, but it seems pretty legitimate. They also offer the tutoring service directly at $45/hr ($150 for a 4-hour block).
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
At Nations we get free access to a program called Paper Rater. I just checked and they have a free version and the premium version is 7.95/month. I love it. It does a full plagiarism check, grammar, spelling, word usage, writing suggestions and even paper scoring to tell you what grade it thinks you will get and how you compare to others at your education level. I use it constantly - sometimes running my papers through multiple times after making corrections they suggest. I don't know if it does a full APA check though. I do that manually as I go through line by line. It's tedious but I'm finding at the graduate level they will ding the littlest things on the papers. I highly suggest memorizing the APA format inside and out if you plan to continue your education. And as a side note, my professor in my capstone encouraged using TESU tutoring service and having someone proofread your papers. Sometimes you spend so much time going over that paper again and again that you don't see the errors. You need fresh eyes.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • Ideas
I will check out paper rater. Is it a software or an actual human being going over it? I would think the latter? What I get from this thread is that it is ok to ask others for suggestions on the paper, but not for them to actually rewrite sections or sentences.
Paper Rater is software. I think there is a link somewhere to get outside help from an actual person but I'm not sure about that. The premium report is pretty detailed though so I'm not sure you would need it. Depends on what you are looking for exactly. If you want a human reviewing anything beyond grammar, spelling, etc. - such as actually helping you write the paper then none of the software packages is going to do that. You'll probably want to use a tutor.
Wow, a software that can give you suggestions on the content of your paper and a possible grade? AI really has come a long way (but space man still looks fake, topic for another day).I will check out paper rater. Thanks.
It doesn't grade based on content. I said it gives writing suggestions. Content is a whole other topic. Content is solely up to the writer. The score it gives is based on writing style, grammar, spelling, word usage, percentage of passive sentences vs active voice, etc.
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK - Professional certificate - 69£ Imbanewbie 2 487 12-04-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Best Foreign Credentials Evaluator Service mariobros1985 10 1,015 11-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Chankosumo
  Google IT Support Professional Certificate - ACE expiring soon? lumina 12 1,498 03-03-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  edx - Ec Council- Professional Certificate in Cybersecurity Essentials Imbanewbie 5 1,093 02-24-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Google Project Management: Professional Certificate midnite123 5 1,577 10-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Excelsior Professional Development Courses (Non-Credit) BBryant165 5 1,530 08-29-2022, 11:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CyberCorps Scholarship for Service (SFS) program nyvrem 0 552 08-13-2022, 10:23 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Meta to offer new professional certificates through Coursera MNomadic 9 1,278 06-23-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 951 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Integrative Professional Studies Alpha 1 541 04-29-2022, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ss20ts