Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress Update
Hey everyone. I am all packed up, and tomorrow I begin my drive to Michigan. I'm getting more and more nervous as the school orientation approaches. I already have assignments due on the first day of orientation! Anyhow, for those of you who don't know, I'm going to Law School in Michigan this fall.

The sad part is that financial aid doesn't kick in until the 3rd week of classes, so I have to buy my books out-of-pocket (which I can't afford because of all the moving costs). I guess I'll be searching the net for used textbooks this week. Well, wish me luck because my stomach is all tied in knots. I having taken a actual course for about 2 years (online classes), and it's been about 3-4 years since I've sat in a traditional class....:eek:

Side Note: What's the most dependable place for me to get driving directions from Florida to Michigan?

Oficially a Graduate!!Big Grin
COSC B.S. Independent/Liberal Studies (Business Admin & Healthcare Admin)

Exams Passed:
- DSST: Technical Writing 64
- DSST: Principles of Supervision 58
- CLEP: A&I Literature 74
- DSST: Intro to Business 66
- DSST: Ethics in America 63
- DSST: Intro to World Religions 67
ALL DONE!! hilarious[SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]
I know it's probably not affordable for you right now, but I'd try to invest in a TomTom gps navigator, I got ours at Walmart for about 120.00! It has been worth the money and has taken us on trips without even so much as looking at a map.

As for books, I'll keep my eyes open for you. I live in Michigan so maybe I'll see or hear of something around here that can help you out. Good luck on your trip!
[SIZE="4"]Mindy Towne[/SIZE]

8/08 Intro. to Sociology 50/51
Thanks Mindy. I was toying with the idea....just to play it safe.

Oficially a Graduate!!Big Grin
COSC B.S. Independent/Liberal Studies (Business Admin & Healthcare Admin)

Exams Passed:
- DSST: Technical Writing 64
- DSST: Principles of Supervision 58
- CLEP: A&I Literature 74
- DSST: Intro to Business 66
- DSST: Ethics in America 63
- DSST: Intro to World Religions 67
ALL DONE!! hilarious[SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]
It's worth it, I live in the southern part of Mi. and just got back from camping up north past Traverse City and never looked at a map, and didn't have to argue with my husband on which way to go! Can't beat that!!!! ")
[SIZE="4"]Mindy Towne[/SIZE]

8/08 Intro. to Sociology 50/51
Lydia Wrote:Side Note: What's the most dependable place for me to get driving directions from Florida to Michigan?
Have you already tried any of these? Or if you're a member of AAA, you can get free maps for every state you'll be driving through.

Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic

MapQuest - Driving Directions - Map Directions

Google Maps
Congratulations on getting accepted to Michigan Law! That's easily a top ten law school -- probably top five. And you did it with a COSC undergrad? That's quite an inspiration to all of us Big 3 graduates. My brother John just started there this spring, so say hi for me if you run into him.

Anyway, Florida to Michigan is just I-75 all the way up. Head west on I-94 once you get near Detroit, and that will take you out to Ann Arbor. Enjoy!

-Gary-

Edit: I just made an idiot of myself -- I knew you were going to Thomas Cooley Law School, not U-M, from your previous posts, and yet I somehow misread your post anyway. Sorry for the bonehead post! Driving directions still apply, but you're heading for Pontiac rather than Ann Arbor.
south eastern Michigan is very easy to navigate without a map. the mile road systems and the many highways with ramps every mile and the Michigan left turn but Detroit on the other hand is a zoo. One way streets that but up to other one way streets in the opposite direction, stolen or broken lights and signs, you will drive in circles for days. Ann Arbor is a great city, if you dont drive a manual. It is very hilly. Anyways enjoy the mitten
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
Ann Arbor is a great city,

When THE Ohio State Buckeyes are rolling thru!!!!!!!!!!!

O , H , I , O , hilarious hilarious hilarious hilarious
Best of luck to you! Man, law school! I wouldn't have the nerve. But then again some people wouldn't have the nerve to do what I'm doing. You must have ACED the CLEPs!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Mother's Day! Life is Good! Vanity Update Charles Fout 4 667 10-14-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Covid Update Alpha 24 2,282 02-02-2022, 11:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Update! dewisant 3 1,112 01-07-2019, 03:21 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Just a quick update on the Rebel... rebel100 8 1,742 03-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Last Post: rebel100
  update forum software to vbulletin v4.2.1 BrandeX 0 1,596 05-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: BrandeX
  MBA Update burbuja0512 10 1,518 04-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  MBA Update burbuja0512 8 1,416 07-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  Update on my MBA progress ryoder 13 2,023 10-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  Quick update barbara2bba 2 1,279 05-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Last Post: OnMyWay