Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propero/Pearson courses
This is definitely interesting. I am very curious about the proctoring part though. So if someone takes a course that SL would require proctor (i.e. MAcro/Micro, Acctng, Marketing, etc) please let us know if Propero requires it as well. It doesn't say anywhere on their site. Maybe I'll try emaling them.

.xls   Less than 1 minute ago">Propero Critical Thinking.xls (Size: 38.5 KB / Downloads: 3)
Here is a copy of the "Gradebook" from the Critical Thinking course I am enrolled in now, no writing of proctored exams. Maybe as people enroll they can post these so we can check them out.
Just an update TESC finally added my ACE Credit to my Evaluation and there was no issue with English Comp II through Propero.
Degrees:
Associate: Pikes Peak Community College - Associate of General Studies 2012
Bachelors: Thomas Edison State College - BSBA (General Management) 2013 ~ Arnold Fletcher Award Recipient
Link to Degree Plan
MBA: Patten University - Master of Business Administration - Information Technology 2017
Hey armyb77 were you successful in protesting to your advisor about you score for the poorly worded test? I have signed up for Accounting 2, and I think it is extremely difficult, I got a 60% on my first quiz. At least one of the questions was regarding material in a later chapter that was not even covered yet! It also sucks that they don't tell you which questions you got right or wrong. I have ordered a hard copy of the book because I find it hard to learn accounting from a e-book.
Clep's Passed: Humanites 70, Sociology 60, Psy 74, HG&D 61, EP 64
DSST's Passed: World Religions 480, Vietnam War 67, Environment & Humanity 67, M&B 64, MIS 449, Org Beh. 64, CJ 437, SA 450, USSR 64, CW 66,
Penn Foster: Fin. Man.
Did all the aleks stuff
TESC: Lib. Cap, BA in Social Science December 2013
I had no issues protesting the exam, they just had me retake a different version of the exam. The only problem is the same areas that were on the first exam are also on the retake, so if you know they are a chapter ahead you need to read the chapter ahead to pass.

Hope this helps!
Degrees:
Bachelors: Thomas Edison State College - BSBA (General Management) 2013 ~ Arnold Fletcher Award Recipient
Link to Degree Plan
MBA: Patten University - Master of Business Administration - Information Technology 2017
I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone has any insight on whethter all PROPERO courses have proctored finals. I haven't been able to find anything on here or their website.
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems - ~TBD~ (currently working toward)
TESC AAS Applied Computer Studies - September 2013 (finished in June 2013)

GENERAL EDUCATION
SL English Comp I/II ~Intro to Sociology
ALEKS ~Intermedia Algebra~College Algebra
CLEP Spanish 12cr (72)

COMPUTER career track
B&M 9 credits (computer classes)
CompTIA N+ A+ 4cr (core)
TEEX Cyber security courses 4cr (core)
DSST Intro to Computers 3cr (435)
PENN FOSTER Computer Applications 3cr

BUSINESS
TEEX Cyber security course 2cr (MAN-299)

ELECTIVES
FEMA 18cr
(PDS certificate)
I signed up for Accounting 2, there is no proctored exams for the course, I do not believe there are any proctored exams for any of the courses.

I guess I will give my review of Propero's Accounting 2, so it may help others:

I decided to be this board's "guinea pig" for the Accounting 2 course I can honestly say it has been a disaster. I have passed every clep/dsst I have taken with high scores, I'm a 4.0 student, and I survived the entire Aleks system but I could not pass Propero Accounting 2. The problem is the e-text is based on Pearson's textbook, which is meant to be used with their "MyAccoutingLab" website, which doesn't come with the Propero course. All the problems in the textbook that should be worked though so you understand the material is useless because the only way to see the correct answers is if you have the "my Accounting lab" software. I even bought a hard copy of the textbook to see if that would help me -but no, if you want to see the answers for the questions in each chapter its says to login on to the My Accounting Lab website, which is only available to students in a real college accounting class. Also there are not "unlimited practice quizzes" as stated on Propero's website. The quizzes also feature questions from chapters not even covered yet, so that's a curve ball I wasn't expecting.

I wrote a very well written and detailed letter to my Propero advisor about this situation. She said she would "be in touch", that's been over 2 weeks ago now. I decided to just move on and take a $300 loss on the class. I am so disheartened about not passing Accounting 2 I decide to change degree paths from BSBA to a BA in Social Sciences, so I could at least keep taking Dsst's to get closer to the degree.

Although having non-proctored exams is a huge plus, not being able to work though and see the correct answers for the end of the chapters problems made this class impossible for me. I would not recommend a Propero class which the included e-text is truly meant to be used with additional software not included in the course.
Clep's Passed: Humanites 70, Sociology 60, Psy 74, HG&D 61, EP 64
DSST's Passed: World Religions 480, Vietnam War 67, Environment & Humanity 67, M&B 64, MIS 449, Org Beh. 64, CJ 437, SA 450, USSR 64, CW 66,
Penn Foster: Fin. Man.
Did all the aleks stuff
TESC: Lib. Cap, BA in Social Science December 2013
Thanks Bluespecial for the details. That makes me a little on edge about taking classes with them. I was thinking some basic ones but maybe its just easier to take them through SL instead. I was thinking macro/micro/history/psych. I know I could easily take CLEPs for these but I hate the nervousness of everything riding on one test. And sometimes its not that much more.
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems - ~TBD~ (currently working toward)
TESC AAS Applied Computer Studies - September 2013 (finished in June 2013)

GENERAL EDUCATION
SL English Comp I/II ~Intro to Sociology
ALEKS ~Intermedia Algebra~College Algebra
CLEP Spanish 12cr (72)

COMPUTER career track
B&M 9 credits (computer classes)
CompTIA N+ A+ 4cr (core)
TEEX Cyber security courses 4cr (core)
DSST Intro to Computers 3cr (435)
PENN FOSTER Computer Applications 3cr

BUSINESS
TEEX Cyber security course 2cr (MAN-299)

ELECTIVES
FEMA 18cr
(PDS certificate)
bluespecial Wrote:I signed up for Accounting 2, there is no proctored exams for the course, I do not believe there are any proctored exams for any of the courses.

I guess I will give my review of Propero's Accounting 2, so it may help others:

I decided to be this board's "guinea pig" for the Accounting 2 course I can honestly say it has been a disaster. I have passed every clep/dsst I have taken with high scores, I'm a 4.0 student, and I survived the entire Aleks system but I could not pass Propero Accounting 2. The problem is the e-text is based on Pearson's textbook, which is meant to be used with their "MyAccoutingLab" website, which doesn't come with the Propero course. All the problems in the textbook that should be worked though so you understand the material is useless because the only way to see the correct answers is if you have the "my Accounting lab" software. I even bought a hard copy of the textbook to see if that would help me -but no, if you want to see the answers for the questions in each chapter its says to login on to the My Accounting Lab website, which is only available to students in a real college accounting class. Also there are not "unlimited practice quizzes" as stated on Propero's website. The quizzes also feature questions from chapters not even covered yet, so that's a curve ball I wasn't expecting.

I wrote a very well written and detailed letter to my Propero advisor about this situation. She said she would "be in touch", that's been over 2 weeks ago now. I decided to just move on and take a $300 loss on the class. I am so disheartened about not passing Accounting 2 I decide to change degree paths from BSBA to a BA in Social Sciences, so I could at least keep taking Dsst's to get closer to the degree.

Although having non-proctored exams is a huge plus, not being able to work though and see the correct answers for the end of the chapters problems made this class impossible for me. I would not recommend a Propero class which the included e-text is truly meant to be used with additional software not included in the course.

It seems like we have a couple of people on here so far who have had issues with Propero. Straighterline might be the better option.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I think that Straighterline is definitely a better option compared to Propero. Propero just has to many issues and it seems that they don't have enough customers to justify fixing the problems, or they just don't care. Even my course had issues from enrollment to quizzes that had content not covered yet. The only reason I would suggest Propero is if you want a self paced course and you need English Comp II only and don't want to read Frankenstein. Otherwise stick with Straighterline, or even CLEP it.
Degrees:
Link to Degree Plan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,089 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,801 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 738 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 788 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 602 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 688 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 304 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 590 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 460 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Outlier.org - 2 For 1 Courses bjcheung77 12 2,561 11-21-2023, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77