Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purdue Global Free tuition for your 1st term w/ referral(anyone else get this email?)
(11-09-2021, 01:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Can someone who is studying at Purdue or a recent graduate please refer me?  
I didn't get the email, I'll search for it again.  Please and Thanks for your time!
Hi bj, the referral code is in the initial post. If you end up needing someone's name, you can message me.

Only people who have been students at PUG got the email. If you got the email, you wouldn't be able to use the code!
(11-09-2021, 01:36 PM)wow Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 01:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Can someone who is studying at Purdue or a recent graduate please refer me?  
I didn't get the email, I'll search for it again.  Please and Thanks for your time!
Hi bj, the referral code is in the initial post. If you end up needing someone's name, you can message me.

Only people who have been students at PUG got the email. If you got the email, you wouldn't be able to use the code!
I wonder if someone who only did a single class but never enrolled in an actual degree program would be eligible?

For anyone interested:

You should be able to use this opportunity to pursue an undergrad certificate as well(vs enrolling in a degree and potentially being forced to take classes you don't want/need). This would make it easier to focus on major specific courses. Also if you take this route, keep in mind that PUG accepts transfer credits for up to 75% of an undergrad program. Meaning if you find a certificate that's 8 classes and are able to transfer in 6 from other sources, you could potentially get the final 2 classes(and therefore the certificate) free via this referral program. That's just a thought, not a guarantee as I haven't looked at the finer details yet.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Thanks for this info MNomadic.

Could I use this to get 6 of the RA credits I still need and would Purdue transcript the courses if that's all I wanted to do?
[-] The following 1 user Likes thecontrarian's post:
  • k-k-k-katy
(11-09-2021, 05:36 PM)thecontrarian Wrote: Thanks for this info MNomadic.

Could I use this to get 6 of the RA credits I still need and would Purdue transcript the courses if that's all I wanted to do?

I don't see why not. It may be a challenge to get specific courses but you should be able to do 2 courses for 5-6 quarter credits each(3-4 semester credits each).
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(11-09-2021, 05:36 PM)thecontrarian Wrote: Thanks for this info MNomadic.

This would be a great way to go.

PUG LL courses are 5qcr (3.33cr) and UL courses are 6qcr (4cr).

I'm thinking of taking 2 UL courses myself.  I need them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Has anyone applied yet to see if they require the specific name of who referred you?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ylmir's post:
  • Vle045
I've talked to an advisor and they did not ask for the referrers name.

I'm considering using them to get some UL credits for my degree at TESU.

According to my advisor, students can opt to pay it at the time of enrollment or pay a tuition deposit of $895.00, the remaining balance needs to be paid prior to your start.

I'm trying to figure out if the credit will be applied in a way that doesn't cause me to pay the deposit.
Whoa! I’ll be your friend. Two classes is cool. I don’t know a lot about them. Are they competency based?
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(11-12-2021, 12:32 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Whoa!   I’ll be your friend.  Two classes is cool.  I don’t know a lot about them.   Are they competency based?

According to an advisor: The weekly assignments begin on Wednesday morning and end the following Tuesday at midnight ET. You'll have deadlines for your assignments. The assignments are weekly but with Purdue University Global's online platform, you have the flexibility of completing your assignments on the day most convenient for you.

Other schedules or deadlines within the school week may vary by program. Every Wednesday, you'll log onto our website with your username and password, which will give you access to your personal desktop. You'll see several options, including links to your classes, contact information for Student Services, and links to other valuable support services such as the extensive online university library and NetTutoring.

The courses are in 10 week sessions for undergraduate courses and select graduate courses. 
[-] The following 2 users Like ChildovGod's post:
  • jch, Vle045
(11-12-2021, 12:27 PM)ChildovGod Wrote: I've talked to an advisor and they did not ask for the referrers name.

I'm considering using them to get some UL credits for my degree at TESU.

According to my advisor, students can opt to pay it at the time of enrollment or pay a tuition deposit of $895.00, the remaining balance needs to be paid prior to your start.

I'm trying to figure out if the credit will be applied in a way that doesn't cause me to pay the deposit.
I'm confused. What are they asking you to pay for?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 2 84 11 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 20 4,083 Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 2,936 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,210 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,535 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 662 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,798 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,104 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,827 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,226 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM