Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purdue Global Free tuition for your 1st term w/ referral(anyone else get this email?)
(11-17-2021, 08:33 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 05:55 AM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
gams007 Wrote:I read all the requisite for this Purdue offer and one of them said you can not transfer the 2 free courses to another institution.

That's odd. Where exactly did you find this info? Terms & Conditions for the program in question does not say anything about it.

Credit is nontransferable, cannot be redeemed for cash, stipend, or any refund, and cannot be used in any term/session other than the first term/session of enrollment. If tuition and fees in the first term/session of enrollment are less than the maximum allowable credit, the credit will be adjusted accordingly to cover only the amount of the first term/session tuition and fees. Any unused amount will be forfeited. Any tuition and fees due after the Award has been applied will be the student’s responsibility.

You misunderstood the context. "Credit is nontransferable...." is a very typical wording used to describe conditions of certain business transactions. It has nothing to do with college credit.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
I just completed my application and enrollment agreement. It was easy enough. They did not ask for a name, but I had to be pretty persistent to get info about when to enter the code. I asked an advisor and they said it had to be done from their side, so they added it to my file manually.
One thing I am a little irritated about is that it does require an almost $900 deposit. You might be able to get around this, but I didn't know about it until it was too late to change my answers. Specifically, it said that students who pay out of pocket for school must put down a deposit before their first semester. Earlier, in the box where it had asked how I planned to pay, I said 100% out of pocket because the other options were employer or financial aid (I don't get employer assistance, and I did not want to fill out a full financial aid application for something that should be free). Anyhow, that backfired in the form of the deposit, so you may want to consider if you can say "financial aid," and then just make sure that you meet the requirements for a free term so they don't need to use any financial aid. No guarantees there, though, either.
[-] The following 2 users Like ylmir's post:
  • dfrecore, jch
(11-17-2021, 11:54 AM)ylmir Wrote: I just completed my application and enrollment agreement. It was easy enough. They did not ask for a name, but I had to be pretty persistent to get info about when to enter the code. I asked an advisor and they said it had to be done from their side, so they added it to my file manually.
One thing I am a little irritated about is that it does require an almost $900 deposit. You might be able to get around this, but I didn't know about it until it was too late to change my answers. Specifically, it said that students who pay out of pocket for school must put down a deposit before their first semester. Earlier, in the box where it had asked how I planned to pay, I said 100% out of pocket because the other options were employer or financial aid (I don't get employer assistance, and I did not want to fill out a full financial aid application for something that should be free). Anyhow, that backfired in the form of the deposit, so you may want to consider if you can say "financial aid," and then just make sure that you meet the requirements for a free term so they don't need to use any financial aid. No guarantees there, though, either.
Thanks for sharing that, ylmir. Is it safe to assume that you did not take one of the free courses that they offered last year as a covid special? I've been assuming that people who took one of those courses would not qualify for this, but if someone took one of those courses and is able to enroll under this plan, I'd love to hear about it.
(11-17-2021, 12:12 PM)wow Wrote: Thanks for sharing that, ylmir. Is it safe to assume that you did not take one of the free courses that they offered last year as a covid special? I've been assuming that people who took one of those courses would not qualify for this, but if someone took one of those courses and is able to enroll under this plan, I'd love to hear about it.
That's correct, I did not get in in time to take the one free course last year. At this point, I will probably pay that deposit, but I will hold off for now and see what all happens. The application process was extraordinarily quick, so I have some time to finish enrolling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ylmir's post:
  • wow
(11-17-2021, 11:54 AM)ylmir Wrote: I just completed my application and enrollment agreement. It was easy enough. They did not ask for a name, but I had to be pretty persistent to get info about when to enter the code. I asked an advisor and they said it had to be done from their side, so they added it to my file manually.

The deposit has been PUG's requirement for many years for those who are self pay. Nothing new there. This is on their website, too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 18 3,972 04-13-2024, 03:50 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,193 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,520 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 652 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,789 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,084 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,793 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,201 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Coding Certificate + Stipend TINASAM 0 570 01-14-2024, 09:05 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  ASU Sustainable Earth Business Sustainability Courses, Free Online Jonathan Whatley 3 683 12-26-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77