Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purdue University Acquires Kaplan University
Exciting New for Me!

Purdue University Agrees to Acquire Kaplan University

Kaplan University is now owned by Purdue University. Anyone who graduates from Kaplan after 4/27/17 will be graduates of the newly named institution. Although it is unclear if the new name will say Purdue I am so excited about this.

I am 6-7 classes away from my MBA at Kaplan :coolgleam:
does the happy dance!!!
Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
Open College @ Kaplan University
Completed
April 2016

Master of Business Administration
Kaplan University now Purdue University
In Progress
32 out of 60 credits earned
You have Purdue West Lafayette, IPFW and Purdue Northwest... Most likely Purdue World Campus?
Wow, very interesting. So I'm assuming they will be dropping the for-profit model?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I remember my excited for Thomas Edison moving from College to University - can only imagine yours on this change. Only similar change for Thomas would have been if Rutgers University purchase of TESU rumor came true. However, Kaplan upgrade to Purdue feels bigger in an upgrade. Not so much Purdue vs Rudgers but Kaplan name upgrade to Purdue vs rumored TESU upgrade to Rutgers.

Now that doesn't read confusing at all Wink

Congratulations - look forward to seeing you share your diploma.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Yep! They will become non profit. If I am reading correctly.
Also, according to Kaplan none of the degree programs will change for currently enrolled students.
Neither will tuition and fees. The new university will be officially name by the end of 2017
Exfactor Wrote:You have Purdue West Lafayette, IPFW and Purdue Northwest... Most likely Purdue World Campus?

They are all in the same family. The speculation is that the new university will be named something similar to Purdue Online or Purdue World Campus. No final word yet. Either way, I suspect a degree from Purdue will be perceived much better than a degree from Kaplan. :hurray:
Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
Open College @ Kaplan University
Completed
April 2016

Master of Business Administration
Kaplan University now Purdue University
In Progress
32 out of 60 credits earned
Outside of the familiarity of Kaplan due to your BSPS, what deciding factors had you selecting their MBA program? Just curious..... Also, was there any hesitation considering their credit requirement is 60 units vs other options ranging from 33-48-60 units?

All the name options you mentioned sound cool. Purdue Online would process easy if reading or saying. However, Purdue World Campus has an intriguing ring to it.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
RANSOMSOUL Wrote:Outside of the familiarity of Kaplan due to your BSPS, what deciding factors had you selecting their MBA program? Just curious..... Also, was there any hesitation considering their credit requirement is 60 units vs other options ranging from 33-48-60 units?

All the name options you mentioned sound cool. Purdue Online would process easy if reading or saying. However, Purdue World Campus has an intriguing ring to it.

Other than cost, I have no complaints with Kaplan. I've had a great experience with the school. There are on a quarter system so 60 quarter credits equate to 40 semester credits. I decided on continuing graduate studies there because
-the cost is 100% reimbursed by my employer
-the road the to my undergrad degree was extremely long. I've attended roughly 10 schools in the 13-14 years it took me to finally finish at Kaplan. At this point I felt that staying provided a little bit of stability lol
-20% alumni discount didnt hurt either

Also if I stay on track (2 courses per term) I will complete my MBA in November 2017. Meaning I've completed my bachelors and masters degree
That's great news! Hope you can finish it by the end of the year.
Wow, having the employer pay for that is amazing. You're very lucky to have them do it.
Mine only pays for the Cisco/Microsoft Certs after I pass them, but that's better than nothing.

And as a side note, it really doesn't matter how long you've been with them, its knowing you get to "FINISH!".
Persistence pays. I've been waiting about twice that length, and i'm just getting to the Bachelors level, haha...
Keep on trucking... wish you the best!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'd have to do some searching, but they discussed this on the other forum a few weeks ago. I remember there being a link to a story that said that Kaplan will still be operated as a for-profit. I lost all interest after that.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Sale: Young Online University in California bjcheung77 19 2,425 09-26-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 542 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Having a dilemma about University Personherebb9 12 1,860 06-07-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  What is the difference between College and University (USA) Personherebb9 8 1,285 12-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  University / Colleges with Grammarly? msa145 1 722 12-18-2022, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Vle045
Exclamation Boston University Doctors Create New COVID Variant that Has 80% Kill Rate LevelUP 10 1,044 10-20-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: inf
  Purdue dorm roommate murder sialiblo 1 414 10-14-2022, 12:19 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  American University Alpha 1 554 08-26-2022, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  University Biologist Resigns Alpha 5 809 08-10-2022, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Canadian University looking to fill a niche position... bjcheung77 0 504 04-26-2022, 03:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77