Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about Human/Cultural Geography DSST
I am considering taking this DSST exam for my TESU Diversity requirement. since I am currently taking some Geography courses at UL and MA credit.

Does anyone know what kind of questions are on this test, and what I should expect from personal experience?
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
vetvso Wrote:I am considering taking this DSST exam for my TESU Diversity requirement. since I am currently taking some Geography courses at UL and MA credit.

Does anyone know what kind of questions are on this test, and what I should expect from personal experience?

I also see that this is offered on Study.com and wonder if I should consider this option.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
Vetvso, what's LTI? I noticed that in your signature but what does it stand for?
I tried doing a search, but those three characters doesn't come up with anything.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Vetvso, what's LTI? I noticed that in your signature but what does it stand for?
I tried doing a search, but those three characters doesn't come up with anything.

Language Testing International http://www.languagetesting.com
Language Testing International but there is also another name of ACTFL
Language Testing International | Validated and Certified Language Proficiency Testing in 100+ Languages

Also my signature is fairly old so I may be using terms that I picked up even before I registered in 2010.
A little late to the party but putting my two cents in anyway.

I took this test. Did not pass. Mostly that was because it wasn't so much about geography. It was more economics and business. I got *maybe* a handful of questions about different terrains, (tundras, forests, etc.). I was prepared for geography and geological formations and weather and atmospheres...but I didn't run into much of that at all.

I was taking this test because I was halfway through a geography class at TESU and the teacher had sorely NOT prepared us for the midterm. It was going to be a strain to get a passing grade so I thought, hey, take a DSST for all the knowledge you already have under your belt instead!
I reviewed some other geography material going into this but it didn't help much and I seriously suck as business and economics so that's why I didn't pass. I took Race to Save the Planet instead and passed that one. I wish I could give examples of questions on this test but I took it last year some time so details are fuzzy.
Thank you, and this information may be helpful for me to make the decision. I am pretty good at DSST straighterline business tests, and have passed all I took with no studying at all. Economics is not my strong area but I am taking a GEOG class now. Hopefully someone may have the additional information to add since I may take this this week.
vetvso Wrote:Thank you, and this information may be helpful for me to make the decision. I am pretty good at DSST straighterline business tests, and have passed all I took with no studying at all. Economics is not my strong area but I am taking a GEOG class now. Hopefully someone may have the additional information to add since I may take this this week.

Looking at your signature, the SL & DSST exams you took are considered the very easiest ones to take. So I wouldn't count on that as your measuring stick for future choices.

Also, I noticed that you took College Algebra, College Algebra with Trig, and PreCalculus - 2 of which overlap. So you will only get 9cr for those at TESU. If you want 3 additional credits, you need to take Intermediate Algebra.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,150 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,321 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,720 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 2,016 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Knowledge of Human Culture Giantzebra 7 1,852 08-21-2018, 10:13 PM
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,825 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,015 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,648 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions Lewis.Yim 8 2,943 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,574 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM