Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RED ALERT! TESU & Sophia Problem?
Exclamation 
I just finished Sophia College Algebra. My plan had been to CLEP it, but then Sophia Offered their courses free (Yay!), which is nice since I can't do any CLEPs at the closed local colleges.

Anyway, I went to the page that shows how Sophia courses transfer to TESU. The link now resolves to a page with the TESU logo, which says:

"This program is no longer active. For questions about Sophia, or your academic/course records, please contact us at (email)."

What's going on? Anybody wise to this?
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
Please see: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid305083
Oh, late to the party, am I?

I read enough of that other thread to see about the free courses. Didn't keep checking it tho.
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
(03-24-2020, 04:24 PM)SCYankee Wrote: I just finished Sophia College Algebra. My plan had been to CLEP it, but then Sophia Offered their courses free (Yay!), which is nice since I can't do any CLEPs at the closed local colleges.

Anyway, I went to the page that shows how Sophia courses transfer to TESU. The link now resolves to a page with the TESU logo, which says:

"This program is no longer active. For questions about Sophia, or your academic/course records, please contact us at (email)."

What's going on? Anybody wise to this?
I also dont see TESU in the list of transfer guarantee partner universities. Surprise to many .........
I hope this isn't one of those situations where I regret not having jumped before my chance disappeared. Namely, I was accepted to TESU, but haven't enrolled yet as I didn't want to be tied into TECEPS to stay in.

And if they sever an agreement, all my lovely Sophia courses will be flushed...  Cry 

I'm gonna stay strong until I hear different, but my sleep will suffer.
Working towards:
Lets wait and see. Sophia courses are fine with ACE - all still valid. So hopefully it will be good
I remember that study.com English just got canceled for transfer to TESU. Does anyone recall if SDC lost their ACE accreditation for English? I wonder if this could be related.
Current Course(s): Business Administration Capstone BUS-421 (TESU)

AMU (9); CSM (3); CLEP (15); DSST (3); InstantCert (15); Institutes (3)Military (51); Sophia (6); Straighterline (15); Study.com (6); Thomas Edison State University (3); University of Alaska (12)
Could it be possible that some are expiring soon and they need to update ACE? For example, for US History I, the ACE transcript is until 04/30/20, which is ~30 days from now.
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
[-] The following 2 users Like CarpeDiem8's post:
  • lrck4, SophiaLearning
I'd be surprised if TESU didn't take Sophia for their ACE recommendations, as they're pretty much all Gen Eds and nothing highly AOS-specific or UL.

TESU probably just needs time to evaluate the ACE recommendations, like the dates like mentioned above - although protoring may be an issue.

TESU must do this to brace for the guaranteed onslaught of Sophia courses they're going to see.

At this point, I don't sense anything abnormal.
(03-24-2020, 05:54 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: Could it be possible that some are expiring soon and they need to update ACE? For example, for US History I, the ACE transcript is until 04/30/20, which is ~30 days from now.

Does this mean that if we pass US History I before 04/30/20 that we can still transfer it as ACE credit after the expiration date (assuming they don't renew it)?

Thanks for your response.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 259 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch