Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPNow and Messy Room
Gymfan15 Wrote:Gosh that's annoying. I think with a lot of ProctorU proctors, they are given basic training that is supposed to cover a wide range of test types but often the proctor themselves will not notice if there are exceptions. Like, it's a tax TECEP; of COURSE you're going to be using your book and calculator. That proctor was just not educated on what your test allowed and if it had been me having my time wasted, I woulda gotten pretty angry. But what can you do; sometimes having to possibly retake the test is not worth 10-20 minutes of nonsense but it really shouldn't happen.

Yeah, I've had some that didn't even know English, so they would only use the chat box, which would be fine, except it was obvious they were just using copy & paste narratives, sticking sentences into the chat box, they couldn't even answer simple questions I had lol.

Little postscript here...I've had 3 or 4 really good proctors with ProctorU, but the "interesting" ones are of course the most memorable. ;D
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Don't get me wrong most of my proctors were excellent and I had no issues with. I had those two baddies that really stuck out and another one that wouldn't allow me to use a calculator on my Managerial Accounting Test. I didn't really care it was SL and I need like 2 questions right to pass the course. The only issue there was with a calculator I probably would have been able to get an A, not that SL grades really matter.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I take my exams in a spare room that houses my random stuff I wont keep in the garage. and clothes. I always have have guns and knives and books and horror movie memorabilia exposed around the room (this room is tiny, like 7x9), no one has ever said anything. And a fan that blows on me since it's the hottest room in the house.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Synicaal Wrote:it was SL and I need like 2 questions right to pass the course.

I havent used SL...can you explain what you mean by that comment? Does SL work in such a way that you accumulate grades/points doing the work throughout the course and, if you do 'good enough' on that, then the proctored final isnt as much 'weight' on your grade?

Sorry if this is a completely ignorant question....I'm running on lack of sleep and just getting over strep throat so I might actually be insane. Smile
CM1999 Wrote:I havent used SL...can you explain what you mean by that comment? Does SL work in such a way that you accumulate grades/points doing the work throughout the course and, if you do 'good enough' on that, then the proctored final isnt as much 'weight' on your grade?

Yeah, in fact there are some SL courses where you can get 0 on the final and still pass, if you did well in the other course non-proctored exams. But many of the SL courses you need to get a little more than 0, like 10% or 20%, even if you did really well in the course. Of course it's not much harder to get 20% than 0% Smile

THANKS -my 19 yr old son is about to apply to TESU and he has massive final exam anxiety. Like debilitating, been to therapy, anxiety...I wonder if SL might be an option for him until he can get past the issue.

great to know. I'm glad you made that comment
CM1999 Wrote:THANKS -my 19 yr old son is about to apply to TESU and he has massive final exam anxiety. Like debilitating, been to therapy, anxiety...I wonder if SL might be an option for him until he can get past the issue.

You may want to read through the Beginners Guide and also the Forum Wiki. My recommendation for anyone with test anxiety,
I would get them to start accumulating free credits to get them into "online education" mode. Gradual entry into online testing.
Check out the info, I've actually got the Beginners Guide/Wiki links covered in my signature.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
CM1999 Wrote:THANKS -my 19 yr old son is about to apply to TESU and he has massive final exam anxiety. Like debilitating, been to therapy, anxiety...I wonder if SL might be an option for him until he can get past the issue.

SL does have a bunch of timed tests (non-proctored), but it is a good option.

I think you've done Study.com? It has a lot of non-proctored tiny quizzes, and they are not as stressful since you get 3 tries and you can look things up. Then the proctored Study.com exams only need about 60% for many of the courses, if you got near 100% of the quizzes. On the quizzes they only count your best attempt of the 3. That's not much pressure.

Oh, and Shmoop! They can be frustrating but it's open book with pretty generous time.

bjcheung77 Wrote:You may want to read through the Beginners Guide and also the Forum Wiki. My recommendation for anyone with test anxiety,
I would get them to start accumulating free credits to get them into "online education" mode. Gradual entry into online testing.
Check out the info, I've actually got the Beginners Guide/Wiki links covered in my signature.

thanks! I was just looking at that. I got him started with Aleks for math stuff (and he's a decent math student) but I'll let him know about the other free credits and SL. I really appreciate the input!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flash, RPNow / PSI, & Proctoring rachel83az 0 703 08-18-2020, 08:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Rpnow study.com network error!!! dfwdegree 10 2,912 05-02-2020, 09:00 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  rpnow study.com maxxor6868 4 1,285 04-26-2020, 10:54 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  Study.com- RPNow question gamebradie 4 1,426 02-19-2019, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  RPNow blurry photo flagged - which webcam?! Murdockb 9 4,102 01-29-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Murdockb
  Study.com room scan help? scout2family 18 4,165 05-21-2018, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  RPNow question a2jc4life 8 1,956 05-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Davar's Intro to Finance $20 until 2/16; Now uses RPnow for on-demand proctoring jsd 19 3,369 02-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Last Post: KayV