Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended Courses for TESU BALS
Hi everyone,

I too have been reading the many informative posts here. I am a college graduate from Canada and requested an evaluation from WES to be submitted to TESU for credit towards a BA. The evaluation has been completed and submitted to TESU. I was told it will take an additional 3 weeks before I know what I will be getting credit towards in the BALS Program. In the mean time, which courses do you recommend doing at the moment as I don't want to sit around for 3 more weeks just incase I get cold feet again and not begin. I really would like to finish in Sept. 2019 if possible. 

I registered in the BALS with Criminal Justice concentration although I only see BALS on my profile. Do you recommend doing only the BALS or do the concentration? Do you think I am better off doing another BA?

I have attached the evaluation WES completed.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you
MS ABA
BA.LSSS & AA.G Graduation June 2020
B&M: 65 / SL(30) / Institute (UL)(2) / CSMLearn(3) / Sophia (2) / TEEX (11) / Coopersmith UL(12) / SDC(6) TESU(6)
The majority of your courses are going to go to free electives, TESU doesn't count legal courses as social sciences. I had similar courses from a legal program.
Criminology should go to info lit. Your science courses should go to natural sciences, and some of your other courses should work, etc.

The crim justice concentration is pretty specific in the courses they want, so up to you if you wish to pursue it or just the regular BALS.

You will need to complete the majority of the other courses still, so might as well get started on math, ethics, oral comm, civic engagement, more GE etc.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
[-] The following 1 user Likes zzzz24's post:
  • sofinel
(03-14-2019, 06:46 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: The majority of your courses are going to go to free electives, TESU doesn't count legal courses as social sciences. I had similar courses from a legal program.
Criminology should go to info lit. Your science courses should go to natural sciences, and some of your other courses should work, etc.

The crim justice concentration is pretty specific in the courses they want, so up to you if you wish to pursue it or just the regular BALS.

You will need to complete the majority of the other courses still, so might as well get started on math, ethics, oral comm, civic engagement, more GE etc.

Great. Thank you for your response. 

Another university has a joint program with my college but I would have to do the BABA program and I was getting more than half of the credits. I was not too enthused to do the Bus. Ad degree.
Even with the exchange rate, it's cheaper and quicker to pick one of these universities. Most people do the BALS or the BSBA. I probably could have graduated this month if I had taken more courses when I was waiting around for my evaluation when I first applied. Instead, it will be June. Still better than doing 2 extra years taking actual classes through a school.

I thought about Athasbasca in the past, but it's way more expensive and time consuming than this. My program would have given me 2 years of credit towards a degree there, but it wasn't worth it.

Unfortunately, TESU now requires two, 3 month courses.
Credits:
(03-14-2019, 06:59 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Even with the exchange rate, it's cheaper and quicker to pick one of these universities. Most people do the BALS or the BSBA. I probably could have graduated this month if I had taken more courses when I was waiting around for my evaluation when I first applied. Instead it will be June, still better than doing 2 extra years taking actual classes through a school.

I thought about Athasbasca in the past, but it's way more expensive and time consuming than this. My program would have given me 2 years of credit towards a degree there, but it wasn't worth it.

Yes, I understand. I don't want to waste the time either. I got accepted in Athabasca, but like you've said it is too time consuming and I got discouraged for 2 years now since I enrolled there. I started checking around after checking my college website for universities they are working with. Stumbled on this side and decided not to go to the other university after speaking with someone at TESU.

Will consider that university as a  last resort if all else fails.
I did the majority of my credits through straighterline, and some at Study.com. I found Study.com faster, so if I was going to start from scratch, I would probably start there.

You might want to signup for a membership there and start knocking out courses while you wait.
Credits:
(03-14-2019, 08:55 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: I did the majority of my credits through straighterline, and some at Study.com. I found Study.com faster, so if I was going to start from scratch, I would probably start there.

You might want to signup for a membership there and start knocking out courses while you wait.

Sounds like a plan. Thank you zzzz24.
I 2nd Study.com. It's better in just about every way than Straighterline
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

sofinel, I highly recommend the StraighterLine and Study.com combo as well... StraighterLine for the lower level and Study.com for the upper level requirements. I would follow zzzz24's lead and do similar if not the same courses as he's done. BTW, are you in Ontario as well? I would just stick with a BALS with no concentration, or a BALS with a Humanities or Social Science concentration.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-15-2019, 12:34 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: I 2nd Study.com. It's better in just about every way than Straighterline
Thank you.

(03-15-2019, 01:09 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: sofinel, I highly recommend the StraighterLine and Study.com combo as well... StraighterLine for the lower level and Study.com for the upper level requirements.  I would follow zzzz24's lead and do similar if not the same courses as he's done.  BTW, are you in Ontario as well?  I would just stick with a BALS with no concentration, or a BALS with a Humanities or Social Science concentration.

OK. Will do. 

bjcheung77 is there a reason you are recommending BALS with no concentration, or a BALS with a Humanities or Social Science concentration? Just out of curiosity. 

Yes, I live in Ontario next to Detroit, so I can pop across the border if I need to attend a test centre. I would prefer to do the tests online instead of travelling to take them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 225 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 361 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,155 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP