Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC)
I'm enrolling in COSC and working toward their BSBA...  I found out about Davar Academy, which offers NCCS Upper Level 4 hours credit in Principles of Marketing. I already have Principles of Marketing through Shmoop at lower level. I'm interested in taking the Davar exam because 4 hrs of UL credit > 3 hrs LL credit for the same subject.

Does anyone have experience with directing their college to swap out one duplicate course for another? Is it easy to convince them to do that?
Are you sure you'd have to swap them out, rather than being able to use them both?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-02-2018, 12:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Are you sure you'd have to swap them out, rather than being able to use them both?

Pretty sure they'd just duplicate. I don't forsee being able to use them both.
(07-03-2018, 08:52 AM)elbebopkid Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 12:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Are you sure you'd have to swap them out, rather than being able to use them both?

Pretty sure they'd just duplicate. I don't forsee being able to use them both.

At most schools as long as two courses come in as two different course numbers, and aren't intended to duplicate, they will both be accepted. So you shouldn't have to swap one for another. Many of us look for overlapping courses like this on purpose as the UL course usually builds on the LL version so it speeds things up.

However, if COSC doesn't allow both for some reason, they should allow you to pick the UL version if that is your preference.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
From my experience, COSC allows you to curate your transfer credits and pick which you want on your transcripts and added to your degree plan. An exception might come up if one of those classes was taken at COSC, but in this case it should not be an issue. If they duplicate, you SHOULD be able to pick which one you want to keep.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
I had two exams with matching titles (HRM and Organizational Behavior) taken with dsst and uexcel. According to the cosc master exam list the two dsst exams should have come in as LL and the two uexcels as UL. However cosc removed the the two dsst exams from my transcript once I took the uexcels claiming the courses were duplicates regardless of the master list designation.
CLEP
Natural Sciences -Social Sciences -US History I -Intro Psychology -Human Growth and Development -Humanities -A&I Lit -College Math
DSST
Organizational Behavior -Human Resources Management -Ethics in America -Business Ethics and Society -Technical Writing -Substance Abuse
ECE
Organizational Behavior -Human Resources Management -Labor Relations -Psychology of Adulthood and Aging -Abnormal Psychology -Social Psychology -Foundations of Gerontology-Research Methods in Psychology-Contemporary Mathematics
Kaplan
Prior Learning Assessment
Scroll down and look at the COSC equivalencies for the DAVAR courses:

https://www.davaracademy.com/business.html

While that course you mentioned is reviewed for 4 UL credits by NCCRS, the course equivalency for COSC is LL. However, there is a marketing course that you could take (MAR-330 Principles of Sales) from DAVAR that would give you Upper Level credit as a Business Elective at COSC.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,390 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,671 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,618 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,717 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,957 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,943 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 2,967 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM