Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ridiculously Easy Associates Degree - Purdue University Global
Can anyone tell me why this is so focused on the W3Schools PHP cert? As opposed to bringing in other credit (RA, ACE, etc). I can't quite figure that out. If I was going to advise most people on this, that cert wouldn't be my first choice of how to do this, so I'm curious.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-05-2021, 04:16 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Can anyone tell me why this is so focused on the W3Schools PHP cert?  As opposed to bringing in other credit (RA, ACE, etc).  I can't quite figure that out.  If I was going to advise most people on this, that cert wouldn't be my first choice of how to do this, so I'm curious.

Because it costs only $95 for the PHP cert, pretty easy, taking 1-2 weeks to do, and you bring in the following 7 courses:
IT213: Software Development Concepts
IT232: Software Design and Development Concepts
IT234: Database Concepts
IT350: Advanced Database Concepts
IT391: Advanced Software Development Including Web and Mobility
IT481: Advanced Software Development
IT488: Software Product Development Using Agile

There are also no ACE equivalents for most of these courses. 
This is good for the Purdue IT degree and the OP was saying it was good for the Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies (BSPr).

WGU certs are 1 to 1 for credit.
PHP cert is 1 to 7 for credit. 
AWS associate is 1 to 11 for credit.

These certificates are gold mines for Purdue degrees.
https://www.purdueglobal.edu/alternative...ion-exams/
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu
This is no longer possible as they reduced no. of credits for AWS Certified Solutions Architect—Professional to 12. So, the only attraction point of PUG is now gone.
Forum post by another member regarding this https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...last-month
[-] The following 1 user Likes learning_spree's post:
  • Pikachu
(11-05-2021, 10:58 AM)learning_spree Wrote: This is no longer possible as they reduced no. of credits for AWS Certified Solutions Architect—Professional to 12. So, the only attraction point of PUG is now gone.
Forum post by another member regarding this https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...last-month

That one specific cert wasn't the only attraction of PUG. PUG still accepts a LOT of different certs for varying amounts of credits which is still appealing to people for various reasons. 

https://www.purdueglobal.edu/alternative...ion-exams/
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
PUG got tied up with Google certification. Hence, they moved all AWS certificate solution architect credits to the google cloud engineer certificate which remains the same for certification acceptance criteria. It’s only different sources now.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes NewatTESU's post:
  • Pikachu
NewatTESU Wrote:PUG got tied up with Google certification. Hence, they moved all AWS certificate solution architect credits to the google cloud engineer certificate which remains the same for certification acceptance criteria. It’s only different sources now.

Does that mean it's better to do the Google Certificate instead of the AWS certificate?
Does that Google certificate transfer in the same number of credits as the AWS cert?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-05-2021, 05:43 PM)NewatTESU Wrote: PUG got tied up with Google certification. Hence, they moved all AWS certificate solution architect credits to the google cloud engineer certificate which remains the same for certification acceptance criteria. It’s only different sources now.

Totally wrong - the AWS cert was worth 61qcr, the Google Cloud Engineer is only worth 34qcr.  The AWS is now ONLY Grad-level credit and doesn't count at all towards the Cloud degree.

If he wanted to get some certs to make up for it, he'd have to get the Google Cloud, CompTIA Cloud+, CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner, and CCSP.  That's a big difference in not only time to study but cost.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu
It’s depends on which degree you want to do it at PUG. When enrolled for BS in Cloud computing and solutions, PUG was accepting AWS certificate for 67 credits towards that degree (that was my turning point). They will will accept 55 credits towards the same degree from google this time. That’s the change they made recently.

(11-05-2021, 08:01 PM)NewatTESU Wrote: It’s depends on which degree you want to do it at PUG. When enrolled for BS in Cloud computing and solutions, PUG was accepting AWS certificate for 67 credits towards that degree (that was my turning point). They will will accept 55 credits towards the same degree from google this time. That’s the change they made recently.

I'm looking at their website to show what they accept:

Google Associate Cloud Engineer
IT222: Introduction to Cloud Computing
IT227: Cloud Infrastructure Administration
IT303: Virtualization and Cloud Security
IT304: Application Development and Scripting in the Cloud
IT306: Cloud Services Management
IT414: Software Development Operations in Cloud Environments

LL is worth 5cr each, UL is worth 6cr each.  So that total is 10 + 24 = 34qcr.

The other 2 Google certs don't give you credit towards the Cloud major, they're just random IT elective credits (which he doesn't need).
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu
I am just sharing my personal experience. However, it’s depends on the how they take your certifications. In my case, they applied 20 credits towards the IT electives credits.

This has been changed now. Can’t do it similar way. Need to revise the degree plan based on the current credits acceptance criteria.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 61 10,148 04-08-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,441 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 308 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 379 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,229 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,218 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  For purdue global whats discrete mathematics like? purduestudent 2 235 02-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,951 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,614 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 737 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP