Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC Education 210: Tech in the Classroom - is this Gen Ed for TESU BALS?
hey all!

on the SDC - TESU transfer site it shows Education 210: Technology in the Classroom transferring to EDU-207 Technology in the Classroom (Equivalency Only) under Social Sciences. 

Since it's under the Social Sciences tab on that page I think that will work as a Gen Ed class for me?  (TESU BALS no conc).   Also, Equivalency Only just means they don't have a class at TESU that mirrors this, right? I can still take it and it will count?

Was also considering Ethics in Social Sciences because I need 5 credits.

Sorry if this is a silly question. I just want to make sure before I start getting into it. 

Thank you!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(07-07-2019, 08:26 AM)suzycupcake Wrote: hey all!

on the SDC - TESU transfer site it shows Education 210: Technology in the Classroom transferring to EDU-207 Technology in the Classroom (Equivalency Only) under Social Sciences. 

Since it's under the Social Sciences tab on that page I think that will work as a Gen Ed class for me?  (TESU BALS no conc).   Also, Equivalency Only just means they don't have a class at TESU that mirrors this, right? I can still take it and it will count?

Sorry if this is a silly question. I just want to make sure before I start getting into it. 

Thank you!
First off I took edu 210 through study.com and is an extremely easy course. Of course I am young and know technology. If you aren't familiar with technology as much it might not be easy.

I'm pretty sure all education courses on study.com transfer as free electives only. I have not sent my sdc transcript since finishing edu 210 so I couldn't tell you where it falls for sure. However, usually education does not fall in gen eds.

Also ethics in the social sciences from study.com is only 3 credits and not 5.
A list of general education courses are here: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after

I think it's actually a good question because you'd think education would be a general education course, but I think we've discussed before that education courses are their own animal. Do you have any of the 27 'free' electives left?

Otherwise, consider getting special permission to include one education course in your general education (not free) electives.

Ethics in social sciences is included on the list, so that should be safe.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
[-] The following 1 user Likes udi's post:
  • suzycupcake
(07-07-2019, 08:55 AM)natshar Wrote:
(07-07-2019, 08:26 AM)suzycupcake Wrote: hey all!

Thank you!
First off I took edu 210 through study.com and is an extremely easy course. Of course I am young and know technology. If you aren't familiar with technology as much it might not be easy.

I'm pretty sure all education courses on study.com transfer as free electives only. I have not sent my sdc transcript since finishing edu 210 so I couldn't tell you where it falls for sure. However, usually education does not fall in gen eds.

Also ethics in the social sciences from study.com is only 3 credits and not 5.

YEP - I am very tech saavy and this should be a cake walk is what I was thinking.

I was hoping this would come in as Gen Ed because on that transfer tab it doesn't have it listed as a free elective (whereas other EDU classes specifically say Free elective only). My thought was between this and the Ethics in Social Sciences it was 6 credits and I need 5.
Started June 2022

Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
Maybe like I said I don't know.

And yeah if you took both courses you would have 6 credits total. 3 credits each.

For your ethics or just three credits. Do the Institute free ethics it now counts as 3 LL credits. Also do both of the free Sophia courses one of them counts as a gen ed elective. And even use the $50 off coupon for the college success course. Then you get three free credits from sophia.
The only education course that can serve in gen ed is the CLEP Educational Psychology - it comes in as psychology.

Gen eds: English, Humanities, Math, Science, Social Science
(07-07-2019, 09:16 AM)cookderosa Wrote: The only education course that can serve in gen ed is the CLEP Educational Psychology - it comes in as psychology.  

Gen eds:  English, Humanities, Math, Science, Social Science

Thanks for the clarification!  Free elective it is then!  Smile

It would be helpful if SDC reflected that on their transfer page because it looks like it would fall under Social Sciences (at least that's the way I read that).
Started June 2022

Those categories are mostly Study.com's I think.

And that course comes in as a Free Elective.

I think EDU 106: Intro to Early Childhood Education comes in as a Gen Ed, but am not certain; I wouldn't chance it as there are way too many other options.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • suzycupcake
I completed 4 Edu. courses on SDC, and all of them are included in the Free Electives section in my eval.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • suzycupcake
(07-07-2019, 01:56 PM)Supermind Wrote: I completed 4 Edu. courses on SDC, and all of them are included in the Free Electives section in my eval.

Thanks for the clarification!
Started June 2022

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 373 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 711 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 652 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,435 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,030 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 900 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 720 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,205 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
  TESU to medical school? yum2177 9 2,947 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: danger455
  Education and alternative credit platforms Londinium7 0 630 10-31-2022, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Londinium7