Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC Proctored Exam "Camera Disconnected"
Hey guys. I am taking the SDC algebra final and I am almost done with the test when all of a sudden a message pops up saying my camera was disconnected and the test will close out in 30 seconds. The camera light is still on and doesnt seem to be disconnected as it is still showing my face, and internet has not gone down, but anyways now I cannot retake the exam for 3 days and it looks like I have to pay again.

This must be a common problem, has this ever happened to you and is there any way to void the exam or do you just have to pay an extra 70 bucks every time you get disconnected during an exam? I have taken many proctored tests and this has never happened to me, could say I am pissed off to say the least.
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt  sh: 120 (Complete)
Saylor (9): Env Eth, Mor & Pol Phil, Corp Com
OnlineDegree (18): Int Ast, Mod His, Int Psych, Microecon, Mark, Bio
Sophia (6 3): Con Res (1), Teams (1), SS (1), Gr Phil
CLEP (15): Int Soc, Mgmt, Comp (6), Gov't
CSM Learn (3): CSM
Institutes (2): Ethics (2)
TEEX (10 5): CYB101, CYB201, CYB301
Study.com (61 58): W Civ I, W Civ II, Rel 101, Pres Skills, Int Bus, Glob & Int Mgmt, Macroecon, Int to Computers, Fin Acct, Man Acct, Bus Law, Int E-Com, Col Alg, Precalc Alg (4), Int Ent, Princ Fin, SB Fin, SB Mgmt, Dig Mark, W Art His I, Fin Mgmt
TESU (9): SOS-110, Intro to Islam, Capstone
I don't have personal experience. While waiting for others who had issues and how it got resolved, I would contact Support at SDC from this link https://study.com/contact/index.html
and pick "Proctored Exam Support" in the drop down menu for what is your question regarding.

I'd be very upset as well if that happened. hope it works out for best outcome for you and test gets reset without extra cost or wait many days.

ps: I remember a thread with similar problems maybe helps on this... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...tored-Exam
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • Dan A Million
Update: after speaking with a SDC representative who transferred me to some other department which hung up on me after 10 minutes on hold and calling again, it was arranged for an 'escalation team' to reach out to me in 2 days. 

Hopefully the exam gets graded as-is. I was on question 45 out of 60 and if I got at least 34 of those 45 questions right (56% total) it means I would pass the course given my current quiz scores. 

Has this ever happened to you? What did you do and how did study.com help you?

(09-16-2020, 07:48 PM)P226mem Wrote: I don't have personal experience. While waiting for others who had issues and how it got resolved,  I would contact Support at SDC from this link https://study.com/contact/index.html
and pick "Proctored Exam Support" in the drop down menu for what is your question regarding.

I'd be very upset as well if that happened. hope it works out for best outcome for you and test gets reset without extra cost or wait many days.

ps: I remember a thread with similar problems maybe helps on this... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...tored-Exam

Thanks but I didn't have an issue with a message that allowed me to continue the test, it closed out my test completely.
Study.com (61 58): W Civ I, W Civ II, Rel 101, Pres Skills, Int Bus, Glob & Int Mgmt, Macroecon, Int to Computers, Fin Acct, Man Acct, Bus Law, Int E-Com, Col Alg, Precalc Alg (4), Int Ent, Princ Fin, SB Fin, SB Mgmt, Dig Mark, W Art His I, Fin Mgmt
Easiest and fastest way to get to someone - I would follow up with them or inquire about this through their Facebook or email - see this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Study-com?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • ctcarl, Dan A Million
Previous people who have reported exam issues had them resolved with a no charge retake and no wait. Hopefully you are correct and you made a passing score without the missing questions then you won't even have to bother. But don't worry that they won't make it right. I've never seen anyone report that here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tallpilot's post:
  • Dan A Million
(09-16-2020, 08:50 PM)tallpilot Wrote: Previous people who have reported exam issues had them resolved with a no charge retake and no wait. Hopefully you are correct and you made a passing score without the missing questions then you won't even have to bother. But don't worry that they won't make it right. I've never seen anyone report that here.

That's reassuring. I think I'm just going to wait until the exam is graded to see if indeed it is graded as-is, or if the entire exam is void. I hope I will find out that info by the time the escalation team contacts me back within 2 days.
After the exam is finished you can see the preliminary grading. Did this show the score you mention?
[-] The following 1 user Likes lacussucceed's post:
  • Dan A Million
Two weeks ago, this happened to me with Study.com's Computer Science 204: Database Programming exam. First, I contacted the proctor by phone and waited for an hour. Then the support representative told me I could reconnect (going through the same process of entering the exam code, showing my ID, and doing the room scan, etc.) and continue where I left off; so, I tried multiple times and got disconnected each time. On the third try, I was able to continue with my exam. However, I only had five minutes left, so I rushed to finish 60/100 questions. Finally, I created a support ticket with Study.com and told them what happened. They offered to let me redo my exam for free if I didn't pass. I received credit a few days ago.

P.S. - Now I connect through an ethernet cable plugged directly into to my cable modem instead of using WiFi. I haven't had the "disconnection" problem again.
[-] The following 2 users Like DeterminedDad's post:
  • crotique, Dan A Million
(09-17-2020, 12:40 AM)lacussucceed Wrote: After the exam is finished you can see the preliminary grading. Did this show the score you mention?

I got a warning that said I had 30 seconds and then the exam will close out. I was in shock like WTF was that? I just stared at the screen and sure enough, 30 seconds later the PSI secure browser program just closed. It did not show me the final score or anything, which is why I am hoping that the exam was submitted. On My Courses in SDC it says that the course is being graded...

(09-17-2020, 01:07 AM)DeterminedDad Wrote: Two weeks ago, this happened to me with Study.com's Computer Science 204: Database Programming exam. First, I contacted the proctor by phone and waited for an hour. Then the support representative told me I could reconnect (going through the same process of entering the exam code, showing my ID, and doing the room scan, etc.) and continue where I left off; so, I tried multiple times and got disconnected each time. On the third try, I was able to continue with my exam. However, I only had five minutes left, so I rushed to finish 60/100 questions. Finally, I created a support ticket with Study.com and told them what happened. They offered to let me redo my exam for free if I didn't pass. I received credit a few days ago.

P.S. - Now I connect through an ethernet cable plugged directly into to my cable modem instead of using WiFi. I haven't had the "disconnection" problem again.

Yikes. Good to hear that they let you redo the exam, I will post an update when support gets back to me. I am going to buy an ethernet cable and try to kick everyone else out of the house when I take my exams Smile
Although, since I use a USB webcam, I am thinking maybe the USB connection glitched out or got bumped. Either way... Thanks for sharing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dan A Million's post:
  • DeterminedDad
happened a few times on two different exams last week, I just logged din again, did code, id and room scan and picked up where left off
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 327 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 306 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 795 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 715 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Anyone recently take the Study.com stats 101 final exam? oh.golly.molly 1 852 05-02-2023, 02:17 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  exam timer mombie 3 542 03-08-2023, 11:37 AM
  Study.com 5 Exam Limit??? joshua27 15 1,610 02-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: BrianFallon
  When do you have to take your Straighterline exam? loops77 3 692 01-25-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Failed Exam BSBRose21 3 2,051 01-14-2023, 03:49 PM
  SDC - English 205: English Composition II - Can I take final exam first? Titan_s 4 952 12-10-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sb2013