Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC grading breakdown question
The quizzes, assignments, and proctored final exam are each 100 for a total of 300. I just finished chapter one of Sociology 305. When it states quizzes, is it referring to each quiz after each video? Does this include the practice test at the end of the chapter? I’ve been making sure that I get 100 in each of the 5 question quiz. But this chapter practice test (30 questions) I scored 90%, should I retake it? Will it affect anything? It’s my first class ever, can you tell I’m nervous? Lol. I’ll take any tips you can give me on SDC. Thank you in advance!
The quizzes only include the (usually) 5-question quiz at the end of each video. And you have to get 100% within the first 3 attempts in order for it to actually count as 100%. If you get 60%, 80%, 60%, and then 100% then your score for that section will only be 80%. The practice tests don't count towards your grade but are still a good way to check your progress.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-27-2021, 06:20 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The quizzes only include the (usually) 5-question quiz at the end of each video. And you have to get 100% within the first 3 attempts in order for it to actually count as 100%. If you get 60%, 80%, 60%, and then 100% then your score for that section will only be 80%. The practice tests don't count towards your grade but are still a good way to check your progress.
Oh crap, well that’s good to know. There were a few quizzes I feel like I had to do 4 tries or so because I kept getting below 60. For some reason I was having a really tough time focusing on certain videos. My mind just kept drifting. How much will that affect the end grading? Also, is there a way to see how many tries I had to take on a quiz?
Probably a couple of points. It shouldn't cause too many issues. As long as it wasn't all of the quizzes, you should still be able to pass so long as you do well on the exam and/or assignments.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-27-2021, 06:33 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 06:20 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The quizzes only include the (usually) 5-question quiz at the end of each video. And you have to get 100% within the first 3 attempts in order for it to actually count as 100%. If you get 60%, 80%, 60%, and then 100% then your score for that section will only be 80%. The practice tests don't count towards your grade but are still a good way to check your progress.
Oh crap, well that’s good to know. There were a few quizzes I feel like I had to do 4 tries or so because I kept getting below 60. For some reason I was having a really tough time focusing on certain videos. My mind just kept drifting. How much will that affect the end grading? Also, is there a way to see how many tries I had to take on a quiz?

Don't sweat with the video, personally I prefer reading through the transcription/text under the video; I feels like it's the exact same content and it's much faster to locate what I need.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Silvious's post:
  • studyingfortests
Do the reading only, videos are boring and useless, and access the print out worksheet without printing, work side by side, it helps a lot with the quizzes, like getting 100% on each one.

That helps with getting the first 100 points out of the way. Do all the quizzes on the cheap membership first.

Work on all writing offline pausing membership and when ready get accelerated one to take final and submit papers.

Flashcards help prepare for exam.

Careful not to fail entire course they do not allow retaking it. Will have to cancel with that email and restart a brand new membership with a different email address.

It doesn't show how many tries. Also remember you need 210 points to pass not 300 so that makes a big difference.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seagull's post:
  • carebear_007
(02-28-2021, 10:37 PM)Seagull Wrote: Do the reading only, videos are boring and useless, and access the print out worksheet without printing, work side by side, it helps a lot with the quizzes, like getting 100% on each one.

That helps with getting the first 100 points out of the way. Do all the quizzes on the cheap membership first.

Work on all writing offline pausing membership and when ready get accelerated one to take final and submit papers.

Flashcards help prepare for exam.

Careful not to fail entire course they do not allow retaking it. Will have to cancel with that email and restart a brand new membership with a different email address.

It doesn't show how many tries. Also remember you need 210 points to pass not 300 so that makes a big difference.

I just figured out if I go to the course progress it tells you which score it's going to use. In chapter 1, I have 2 lessons out of 14 that has 3/5 (even though it shows 100%) and the rest are 5/5. Hopefully that won't affect too much in the end.

May I ask, when you say to access the print out worksheet without printing, where would I access that? (Never mind the question. As I'm about to take another quiz, I see it's at the bottom) Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 269 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 806 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Basic Question About Sophia Touchstones RachelB 10 1,971 10-09-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia touchstone grading times? Insert Name 6 2,293 06-26-2023, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Infinite-Telephone52
  Google IT Support - course question and ACE rvm 2 961 01-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: rvm
  SDC BIO 101 - question on Labster Mr T 5 644 01-03-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Mr T
  Study.com question - Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab Mr T 6 1,529 12-31-2022, 05:27 PM
  Question re: SDC Computer Science 204 - Database Programming raekwon 6 1,619 11-25-2022, 11:51 AM
  Another Sophia Spanish I question uncapentin 4 943 11-16-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Question about Coursera certificates & specializations Pikachu 7 3,059 08-24-2022, 04:51 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret