Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL - Financial Accounting Course Review (Intermediate Accounting I)
Hello Forum!!

This is a quick review for anyone planning on taking SL Financial Accounting (Intermediate Accounting I @ TESU).
  • Time to Complete : 3days
  • 4 Exams, 1 Midterm, 1 Final
  • Points are 150 for exams, 200 for each the midterm and final

The points listed in the syllabus it outdated you can score 800 points before even sitting for the final. I already had a 71% going into the final so I just did the final very quick so I could get started on my next course. I already started world religions and that course so far is even easier.

Anyways, very simple course. I don't see how this is considered Intermediate Accounting I but I wont complain. I am glad to get this course out of the way. I am taking Intermediate Accounting II through a CC and the course is SO much more difficult.

Going further into this review most of the questions are very basic stuff. You are allowed a "cheat sheet" on the final so I recommend just putting down how to get to certain numbers you see throughout the course. I wont go into details here. Most likely if you take the full 1:15 on exams and 2 hours on the midterm I don't see how you wont go into the final already passing. I do believe the final is open book but I didn't utilize this because I just wanted to get it done in the quickest time possible and score a decent amount of points to earn at least an equivalent to a B which I did.

Biggest tip was already mentioned for your cheat sheet just right down the "formulas" or whatever you want to call them for the problems you see a lot from the back half of the course and you will be fine.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Thanks! My son is currently taking his SL Accounting 1 midterm. He is taking Managerial Accounting next - will you be taking that via SL?
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
This is really helpful. 3 days is quick! About how many hours did you put in per day?
Btaylor89 Wrote:This is really helpful. 3 days is quick! About how many hours did you put in per day?

One great thing about SL is that the accounting courses have only 5 tests, then the final. So if you are familiar at all with the material, it doesn't take long. With Study.com, those 100+ quizzes take time no matter how well you know your stuff. My son started accounting 1 yesterday and honestly could take the final tomorrow if he wanted to.
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:Thanks! My son is currently taking his SL Accounting 1 midterm. He is taking Managerial Accounting next - will you be taking that via SL?

I will be taking MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING from SL. I am taking it right after I am done with Intro to Religions(should be Sunday for this final). Then I will be switching to Managerial Accounting. The reason I put it in all caps is Managerial Accounting is an UL course at SL and comes into TESU as Cost Accounting. Not to be confused with Accounting I and Accounting II. If he is taking Accounting I then going to Managerial Accounting I wouldn't recommend that. I would recommend he complete Accounting II first. I know you son is planning on going to WGU so I am not sure the transfer Equivalency's for that school I am only going on TESU transfers. For the Managerial Accounting Course its the same 6 total exams (4 exams, midterm, final) but you can only score 700 points total before taking the final. So you can pass you just have to get every question right going in.

I probably will not do a review on the Intro to Religions Course at SL is very simple to complete. Everything is open book so you can very easily search the questions. I am 2 tests down with 100's on both. I plan on starting Managerial Accounting on Sunday or Monday and hope to be done with that one by the end of next week.

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
WGU's HR Management Program doesn't require Accounting 2, which is why he's going from Accounting 1 to Managerial - those are the only accounting courses in his program. The general Business Management program does require Accounting 2.

rowan555 Wrote:WGU's HR Management Program doesn't require Accounting 2, which is why he's going from Accounting 1 to Managerial - those are the only accounting courses in his program. The general Business Management program does require Accounting 2.

What is SL's Managerial Accounting going to come in as to WGU it should be considered an UL course as it is recommended for UL credit. I don't know the differences that will come up between Accounting 2 and Managerial but she should be alright if he isn't having any issues with Accounting 1, and it looks like he did his Econ courses so I don't see him having any trouble with it. I like to think of Managerial Accounting as the Macroeconomics of Accounting.

Edit: I checked the transfer guide for WGU looks like they are just making him take the "harder" course to get the credit he needs. Looks like they give the same course for Accounting I and Financial Accounting but not for Accounting II and Managerial Accounting.

Synicaal Wrote:Edit: I checked the transfer guide for WGU looks like they are just making him take the "harder" course to get the credit he needs. Looks like they give the same course for Accounting I and Financial Accounting but not for Accounting II and Managerial Accounting.

Yes, I find the way they transfer courses in a bit odd. My son is sick today so I don't think he'll make any progress with his Accounting 1 course today, but he should definitely complete it, including the final, within a week, which leaves 3 weeks to do Managerial Accounting - I hope that will be enough. He has zero experience with any of this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 4,442 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,645 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,126 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 2 436 02-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 324 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com accounting 303 assignment 2 Pats20 0 511 06-14-2023, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 734 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Managerial Accounting - where? Jennbean1 8 1,346 05-06-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Finnish courses review Personherebb9 2 1,006 12-30-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Sophia - principals of finance or financial accounting? cclocks8 10 1,791 09-28-2022, 11:44 PM
Last Post: ashkir