Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL Macroeconomics--I had no idea it would be this hard.
I just took Micro and Macro and these are by far the most tedious courses I've taken at SL. So many quizzes with countless repetitive questions - felt like I have to answer the same exact set of problems worded differently ten times in a row. Calculus 2 was less of a drag. It's not you.
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
(03-27-2018, 12:37 AM)NolaRice Wrote: I just took Micro and Macro and these are by far the most tedious courses I've taken at SL. So many quizzes with countless repetitive questions - felt like I have to answer the same exact set of problems worded differently ten times in a row. Calculus 2 was less of a drag. It's not you.

I'm going through Micro and Macro at Study.com and they don't appear to be any less annoying. I'm tempted to switch to something else and come back to them later. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I tried SL, Study.com, and Saylor. Hated the subject, but I was able to get through it using Study.com.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
Ha! I thought I was the only one drudging thru Macro @ SL! Quiz after quiz, same questions reworded like they're playing with some kind of black sorcery to confuse you and second guess yourself! LOL I'm so excited to see what Micro will hold for me. *sarcasm* IMO this course is worse than any Shmoop course!
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
I took Micro a long time ago, but I don't remember it being anywhere near as bad as Macro.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
(03-28-2018, 05:42 AM)ajs1976a Wrote: I took Micro a long time ago, but I don't remember it being anywhere near as bad as Macro.

To follow up on my earlier post, I recently finished Microeconomics and Macroeconomics at Study.com, and while I found Micro to be fairly annoying, Macroeconomics seemed much more straightforward.

When I took the final for Micro, I felt like I needed to seriously overstudy since I wasn't as comfortable with the material, but Macro seemed much more intuitive. The final was worse since they asked more "trick" questions (question was ambiguous so there could be more than one correct answer, or no proper correct answer) so I scored a couple points lower on Macro than Micro, but both were in the mid-90s.

Then again, I took Macro after having completed International Business and Micro, which together covered a good chunk of the material in Macroeconomics, so perhaps I was better informed than someone coming into Macro fresh may have been.

Either way, both are easily doable on Study.com. No idea how they compare to Straighterline.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(04-18-2018, 07:32 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 05:42 AM)ajs1976a Wrote: I took Micro a long time ago, but I don't remember it being anywhere near as bad as Macro.

To follow up on my earlier post, I recently finished Microeconomics and Macroeconomics at Study.com, and while I found Micro to be fairly annoying, Macroeconomics seemed much more straightforward.

When I took the final for Micro, I felt like I needed to seriously overstudy since I wasn't as comfortable with the material, but Macro seemed much more intuitive. The final was worse since they asked more "trick" questions (question was ambiguous so there could be more than one correct answer, or no proper correct answer) so I scored a couple points lower on Macro than Micro, but both were in the mid-90s.

Then again, I took Macro after having completed International Business and Micro, which together covered a good chunk of the material in Macroeconomics, so perhaps I was better informed than someone coming into Macro fresh may have been.

Either way, both are easily doable on Study.com. No idea how they compare to Straighterline.

Macro is normally the first of the 2 econ courses, and it's normally considered the easier of the 2.  I took Macro a million years ago in CC, and I didn't think it was particularly hard (although I had an excellent instructor).  Trying to get through Micro on SL was impossible, and that was after taking Intro to Finance and Managerial Accounting.  I just thought it was awful.  Going through Study.com was MUCH better.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How hard are Study.com Finals? mysonx3 20 9,582 03-10-2021, 03:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Other New Shmoop courses: Macroeconomics,Microeconomics,Cost Accounting nosey561 4 1,593 09-06-2019, 05:04 AM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  SL Macroeconomics Mab81 8 1,661 11-28-2018, 03:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Micro/Macroeconomics Mab81 1 888 11-17-2018, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Study.com Microeconomics / Macroeconomics allvia 3 1,646 12-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  fastest Macroeconomics option ajs1976 2 1,901 07-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor Macroeconomics and Microeconomics Feedback needed mlwilliamsiv 1 1,210 01-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Albertson.bill
  SL's Macroeconomics Course Synicaal 10 2,033 12-07-2016, 01:44 PM
Last Post: inf