Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL's Macroeconomics Course
Hello All,

Has anyone taken Straightliner's Macroeconomics Course? If so is all the tests open book? I just finished Microeconomics at my Local CC and I'm not sure I will be able to do the CLEP for Macro. I may give it a shot because of my reimbursements for CLEP and if I don't make it I will take a course. Just weighing my options for this course as I am dreading it.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Hello All,

Has anyone taken Straightliner's Macroeconomics Course? If so is all the tests open book? I just finished Microeconomics at my Local CC and I'm not sure I will be able to do the CLEP for Macro. I may give it a shot because of my reimbursements for CLEP and if I don't make it I will take a course. Just weighing my options for this course as I am dreading it.

Macro is much easier than micro, if that helps.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Macro is much easier than micro, if that helps.

Closed book, but you can have one sheet, back and forth, with notes.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Someone just passed the macro CLEP today with a very good score of 62 with studying a bit on the minimal side. I think the studying could be cut down even more.

Link

I think macro is a lot easier than micro as well.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
IT's a math game.
The closed book final is only worth 120 points out of 1000. So, everything else is open book. If you take your time and use your notes, you can go into the final needing -0- points.
cookderosa Wrote:IT's a math game.
The closed book final is only worth 120 points out of 1000. So, everything else is open book. If you take your time and use your notes, you can go into the final needing -0- points.

Ah yes, this was the one with a bazillion chapter tests and the final worth almost nothing. My son still finished it in 3 or 4 days with no problems - and he HATES economics.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:My son still finished it in 3 or 4 days with no problems - and he HATES economics.

If it's possible to finish in 4 days, I'd probably go with SL instead of CLEP even with the bazillion quizzes.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
TrailRunr Wrote:If it's possible to finish in 4 days, I'd probably go with SL instead of CLEP even with the bazillion quizzes.

Honestly I'd rather spend 2 or 3 days in the comfort of my own home rather than a couple hours at a proctored testing center, all other things being equal.

And usually all other things aren't equal these days. ACE credits can be found for so cheap, and testing centers seem harder to find these days.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Honestly I'd rather spend 2 or 3 days in the comfort of my own home rather than a couple hours at a proctored testing center, all other things being equal.

And usually all other things aren't equal these days. ACE credits can be found for so cheap, and testing centers seem harder to find these days.

Loving the all other things being equal addition there!! Yeah I was told by tons of people that Micro was harder then Macro, that's why I ultimately took it in school instead of trying to test out of it. I am glad I did because I hated it. I almost bombed the final and missed my A, still might though I need 8 out of 10 points on the essay question to get the A. I really should have studied a few extra days before taking the final.

Once again I think I will plan out my remaining CLEPs when my testing center makes the New Dates available. They only list 6 months of dates and the last chance this year was 12/3 which I missed. I may just give macro a shot via CLEP and see how it goes.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
If you're going to take it as a CLEP, you might just want to take the Saylor exam instead.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Other New Shmoop courses: Macroeconomics,Microeconomics,Cost Accounting nosey561 4 1,593 09-06-2019, 05:04 AM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  SL Macroeconomics Mab81 8 1,661 11-28-2018, 03:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Micro/Macroeconomics Mab81 1 888 11-17-2018, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  SL Macroeconomics--I had no idea it would be this hard. KAnn 16 4,336 04-19-2018, 01:20 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Microeconomics / Macroeconomics allvia 3 1,646 12-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  fastest Macroeconomics option ajs1976 2 1,901 07-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor Macroeconomics and Microeconomics Feedback needed mlwilliamsiv 1 1,210 01-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Albertson.bill