Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL course say Non-course Equivalency on TESU
I completed the Financial Accounting - ACC151 on SL and have received a NE* which is for non-course Equivalency for Intermediate Accounting I - ACC-201 on TESU for my BSBA GM  degree. 
I checked the link on SL and it is the right one it seems:

https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/thomas-edison-state-university/course-equivalency/

Did i do something wrong or is it something that TESU will be able to help with?

Thanks in advance
(04-30-2018, 05:40 PM)sarahrahul Wrote: I completed the Financial Accounting - ACC151 on SL and have received a NE* which is for non-course Equivalency for Intermediate Accounting I - ACC-201 on TESU for my BSBA GM  degree. 
I checked the link on SL and it is the right one it seems:

https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/thomas-edison-state-university/course-equivalency/

Did i do something wrong or is it something that TESU will be able to help with?

Thanks in advance

If you thought that SL's Financial Accounting - ACC151 was going to meet the TESU BSBA Core Financial Accounting requirement then yes , you were incorrect. However, per the transfer agreement that you linked to, it does coming in as Intermediate Accounting I - ACC-201 and falls into the Accounting Area of the AOS (which is usually good news - to be honest I made the mistake of thinking it would come in as Financial Accounting, I needed AOS Accounting credit so it all worked out for me)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

SL names them funny, and it's very confusing. You can take the Financial Accounting course at Study.com or Davar.

It was not for the Core but for GMS Elective Area----- Please see below under Group 2 - 

Thank you all .

B: GMS Elective Area[b] (In progress)[/b]
*must earn grades of C/CR or better
Complete 9 more Semester Hours (SH) from any assortment of the areas below.[/url]
Accounting

Finance
Management
[url=http://www2.te%20su.edu/evaluation/index.php?area=Marketing]Marketing
**At least 12 semester hours within the entire Sp ecialization must be at the 300/400 level. 

SH Earned: 3

Group 1[b] (Not started)[/b]
Source
Course
Title
Term
Grade
SH
TESU #
Notes______
_______

[size=undefined]
Group 2[b] (In progress)
[/b]

ACC-201
Intermediate Accounting I
08/12/17
CR
ACC-201
*NE
______
_______

(04-30-2018, 06:12 PM)Ideas Wrote: SL names them funny, and it's very confusing. You can take the Financial Accounting course at Study.com or Davar.

I have completed  Financial Accounting - ACC151 on SL which is equal to Intermediate Accounting I - ACC-201  as per - 

I spoke to SL and they confirmed that i completed Financial acc ACC 151 and not sure why TESU says its Not equivalent 
(04-30-2018, 06:16 PM)sarahrahul Wrote: It was not for the Core but for GMS Elective Area----- Please see below under Group 2 - 

Thank you all .

B: GMS Elective Area[b] (In progress)[/b]
*must earn grades of C/CR or better
Complete 9 more Semester Hours (SH) from any assortment of the areas below.[/url]
Accounting

Finance
Management
[url=http://www2.te%20su.edu/evaluation/index.php?area=Marketing]Marketing
**At least 12 semester hours within the entire Sp ecialization must be at the 300/400 level. 

SH Earned: 3

Group 1[b] (Not started)[/b]
Source
Course
Title
Term
Grade
SH
TESU #
Notes______
_______

[size=undefined]
Group 2[b] (In progress)
[/b]

ACC-201
Intermediate Accounting I
08/12/17
CR
ACC-201
*NE
______
_______

(04-30-2018, 06:12 PM)Ideas Wrote: SL names them funny, and it's very confusing. You can take the Financial Accounting course at Study.com or Davar.

I have completed  Financial Accounting - ACC151 on SL which is equal to Intermediate Accounting I - ACC-201  as per - 

I spoke to SL and they confirmed that i completed Financial acc ACC 151 and not sure why TESU says its Not equivalent 

Oh! You're misinterpreting what *NE Non-course Equivalency means. All it means is that is credit from and alternative (non-traditional) source.  Almost all the credit sources we talk about on this forum will come into TESU under this category. You probably thought it would come in as *TE Transfer Equivalency, but that is generally used for B&M credits that come in as something different than it was at the original college/university.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • cookderosa, Yenisei
Non-course equivalent means that you get credit for that course number even though you didn't take that course at TESU
TESU BA June 2018.
Various business certificates still to do.
Ah okay thanks for the clarification. Maybe i just need to re-send the transcript as it still shows in Progress instead of "Completed".

Thank you
You're welcome
TESU BA June 2018.
Various business certificates still to do.
(04-30-2018, 06:48 PM)sarahrahul Wrote: Ah okay thanks for the clarification. Maybe i just need to re-send the transcript as it still shows in Progress instead of "Completed".

Thank you

It's showing that the whole section is "in progress" not that particular course.  The course is on there just fine.  You don't need to do anything.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you fo all your help

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 584 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,094 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,080 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,972 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,305 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Transfer Credit Equivalency Alpha 1 662 05-12-2022, 08:43 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Financial aid for ACE credits ---> TESU? CourtneyBrooke 11 1,384 01-31-2022, 04:36 PM
  "My Valuable, Cheap College Degree" from Athur Brooks, TESU grad now Harvard Prof mahaganapati 10 2,781 12-24-2021, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English degrees besides TESU, UMPI? Ideas 1 874 12-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore