Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL's - Introduction to Nutrition Course
Synicaal Wrote:Yeah I know I am doing it a bit "non traditional" for this forum. I have my reasons, the majority of the classes at BM is because I started my path just before finding this forum so did the whole 3 summer classes thing. Then enrolled in a degree program for fall spring and used PELL and TAP. It was mostly a whole free semester so why not take the free classes. (Pretty much cost me books and that's it). Also I really wanted to target some traditional style credits in Accounting because I currently work for the State of New York and I'm working on becoming promotion eligible and they will look at Accounting Class GPA, if I didn't have one I'm not sure that would look to good. The other reason I don't feel like the ACE style credits for accounting was teaching me anything different.

We often recommend certain majors take B&M classes for certain things. Like Bio majors should take B&M sciences with labs. Accounting in a state where you want to sit for the CPA exam, and the state is strict on accepting non-trad credits.

And always if you have a Pell grant or GI Bill or whatever, to get the most money for the least expensive courses (CC) and then use the extra cash to pay for tests.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My daughter is taking Nutrition now. She finds it really hard to be searching for answers after reading the textbook only once. It seems like you need to study deeper. Is it worth it doing the actual lessons on STRAIGHTERLINE? Even though so far she has 88 percent, she seems stressed. I want her to learn the info and not just become an expert on "answer search."
Clodyneseidel Wrote:My daughter is taking Nutrition now. She finds it really hard to be searching for answers after reading the textbook only once. It seems like you need to study deeper. Is it worth it doing the actual lessons on STRAIGHTERLINE? Even though so far she has 88 percent, she seems stressed. I want her to learn the info and not just become an expert on "answer search."

The lessons have slide text and then voice over- make sure she listens AND reads, they are not coordinated for some reason. Yes, do those and it will help emensly. I without question have my sons look up EVERY SINGLE ANSWER. I want them to learn the info AND become an expert answer searcher lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 324 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia-Introduction to Python Programming Juliocrx 2 1,774 11-27-2022, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Juliocrx
  Introduction to Javascript gams007 2 675 03-11-2021, 10:52 AM
Last Post: gams007
  Straighterline Business Statistics vs Introduction to statistics All Seas 13 3,601 05-19-2020, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SOPHIA's Introduction to Information Technology to TESU Msybrown 1 1,237 04-15-2020, 04:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor's PHYS102: Introduction to Electromagnetism Question Nightmoves5 6 1,776 07-07-2019, 05:20 PM
Last Post: timblackwell
  StraighterLine Nutrition course AngelofArcane 4 2,284 07-03-2019, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Dannielleball26
  Introduction to Communication at SL edbrain 6 1,475 02-04-2019, 03:06 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  AS in nutrition fastest route Jesse_b3 2 1,138 01-06-2019, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Jesse_b3
  ECE 176: Health, Safety, and Nutrition: Birth-Age 8 YankeeDoodle 0 599 01-03-2019, 03:24 PM
Last Post: YankeeDoodle