Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOPHIA test- transfer to non-degree transcript
I would be thankful for someone to help me on the step by step of how Sophia works.  End results is daughter needs Eng 101 and Eng 102 for her Gen Ed to transfer to a new college.  She has all her GE credits but needs those 2 courses due to some classes not transferring (don't ask - what a mess).   So scrambling to get her Eng 101 and Eng 102 quickly in the summer. CLEP is the way to go but not so sure we can get the test this summer.  School won't let her take both at the same time, taking back to back is OK but lots of time.  Looking at the ASU option for $99 (thanks for the lead!) but need to ck the completion dates. 
WALK ME through SOPHIA process please............ we need to get the credits to her final college. She is currently taking some courses through American Military University as well but that is not her degree university.    
She can take the SOPHIA course..... then they will transfer the courses to AMU .... and then it will be on the AMU transcript along with her other courses and all of them will be transfered to her new college?    OR we can TRY to get her new college to take them directly from SOPHIA???     OR can we start a whole new transcript with one of Sophia's PARTNER schools like Liberty where she has never taken a class??  Will Liberty or any of the partner colleges do that?     In the end - the final university will get a transcript of Eng 101 and Eng 102 with a Pass credit from Liberty or from AMU?   That's it ???     

I did write to AMU to see if they will take the SOPHIA credit ....... I sent the syllabus. 

Am I looking at this correctly?   (I have never understood the whole ACE credit / Straighterline credit process and never used it -- prob missed out on some easier credits).

Thanks!!!!
somebody posted detailed info on how to use the ACE transcript service last week, but I don't remember who and can't find the thread

basically you go here
https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main

and read the
"For more information, please review the Frequently Asked Questions."

basically create an account

(even though I've done ACE transcripts before its been awhile, so everything after here is from a poor memory)

then you click on
My Courses
Add Courses
Search Courses

and then you find sophia listed in the ace section and select your course from the drip down list
you fill in the course completed date
ACE contacts sophia and confirms you did take the course and pass it
and then ACE adds the course to thee ACE transcript
then you pay ACE $20 to send the transcript to you college

!!! most colleges do not accept ACE courses !!!
Try and keep it simple, don't fret over anything. Here's a quickie: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ranscripts
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
But here is thing. What is the final school she is getting her degree from?

If that school doesn't take ACE or Sophia nothing will work. Even if the Sophia is on an AMU or Liberty transcript it won't make them magically take it. Your first step would be seeing if your intended school accepts Sophia to begin with. Also, although Sophia is quick, I've heard the essays take a long time grade because of all the people doing the courses right now.

Another option would TECEPs through TESU. Those are test outs you would just have to make sure the University accepts pass/fail to grading.
It sounds like what you are hoping to to do is "credit laundering." Receiving the credits from Sophia/SDC/SL sending them to college  #1 so it's on their transcript and then sending that transcript on to college #2 so it looks like those credits are coming from college #1 not from Sophia.

It won't work.  College #2 will want your transcripts which will show that the credits were ACE credits from Sophia. So like the previous poster mentioned you have to make sure your end college accepts Sophia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

I also think that there will be some CLEP centers open somewhere during the summer.
(04-27-2020, 11:51 AM)TwinMom Wrote: It sounds like what you are hoping to  to do is "credit laundering." Receiving the credits from Sophia/SDC/SL sending them to college  #1 so it's on their transcript and then sending that transcript on to college #2 so it looks like those credits are coming from college #1 not from Sophia.

It won't work.  College #2 will want your transcripts which will show that the credits were ACE credits from Sophia. So like the previous poster mentioned you have to make sure your end college accepts Sophia

Exactly what I thought we were doing and what I did NOT want to be doing .... I just never quite understood how it all worked or honestly how it could work. OK I am going back to old school .. .praying for a CLEP testing center to open sooner than later!  thanks

(04-27-2020, 11:41 AM)natshar Wrote: But here is thing. What is the final school she is getting her degree from?

If that school doesn't take ACE or Sophia nothing will work. Even if the Sophia is on an AMU or Liberty transcript it won't make them magically take it. Your first step would be seeing if your intended school accepts Sophia to begin with.  Also, although Sophia is quick, I've heard the essays take a long time grade because of all the people doing the courses right now.

Another option would TECEPs through TESU. Those are test outs you would just have to make sure the University accepts pass/fail to grading.

I did send a note to the final school to see if they would accept them - we will see.
I actually finished my BA thru TESU many years ago (thanks to this great board!) so will have to go refresh my mind on the ins and outs of the TECEP's......   Thanks!
One other thing to watch. Uexcels from Excelsior College are tested at PearsonVue test centers. This network of test centers is larger than the CLEP network, so that could be a fallback position.

https://www.excelsior.edu/exam/english-composition/
I just got a note back from AMU / APU where I am taking some online classes - they WILL take SOPHIA classes as ENG 101 and ENG 102 as a CR with over 70% as long as it is on a "degree seeking" program. Right now daughter is a non-degree seeking student but that seems to be an easy fix. Are we missing anything? Is changing to a degree seeking anything other than applying and being accepted?
Sophia's English courses are slow as molasses right now. If you don't mind spending the money, ASU's "earned admissions" $100 courses (you don't actually have to attend ASU if you don't want to; they'll send a transcript wherever you want it to) for ENG101 and/or ENG102 (that one doesn't start until August and might not be on sale then) might be the way to go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 425 10 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 884 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,065 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 112 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 502 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,435 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 210 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 742 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 993 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 257 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM