Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STUDY.COM updated list
Here's the updated list of courses for college credit in the database.

https://study.com/academy/college-accele...tters.html
[-] The following 11 users Like Master's post:
  • acamp, allvia, Cheeseburrito, cookderosa, katelynn, Life_One, Muldoon, quigongene, ROYISAGIRL, scout2family, tifferbugz
I won't ever need SDC, SL, or any of the other credit sources again likely... but this page makes me want to dive in and take a few more courses once my current path is complete. I loved the Study.com platform and learning system.
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
[-] The following 2 users Like Cheeseburrito's post:
  • MNomadic, tifferbugz
(12-07-2018, 02:01 AM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: I won't ever need SDC, SL, or any of the other credit sources again likely... but this page makes me want to dive in and take a few more courses once my current path is complete. I loved the Study.com platform and learning system.

Does Excelsior take SL courses for any of their nursing credits?
Just wanted to let any COSC students know that SDC is now transferring more LL Business courses as UL to COSC. This is exciting for me because they added the three courses I was going to take UEXCELs for. It may not be a huge deal for some, but I think it's great because they don't require the separate homework assignments for LL courses; just quizzes and the proctored final. That makes getting credit for each course even faster without having to worry about graders and rubrics getting mixed up. They may have done this for other subjects as well, but I have been focused on business courses, so I haven't been paying attention to the other subjects.

The ones I took notice of were:

Business 105: Labor Relations -> MGT 425 : Union & Labor Relations 3

Business 106: Human Resource Management -> HRM 310 : Human Resource Management 3

Business 107: Organizational Behavior -> MGT 315 : Organizational Behavior 3

and they were already offering:

Business 121: Introduction to Entrepreneurship -> MGT 350 : Entrepreneurship 3

Source: https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab

Now, if I could just find good, cheap substitutes for MGT 451: Team Leadership, Organizational Ethics, and Diversity in the Workplace I would totally go after the Organizational Leadership concentration...
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 5 users Like Tedium's post:
  • cookderosa, joet26, Muldoon, suzycupcake, vpassenheim
(12-07-2018, 02:32 PM)indigoshuffle Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 02:01 AM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: I won't ever need SDC, SL, or any of the other credit sources again likely... but this page makes me want to dive in and take a few more courses once my current path is complete. I loved the Study.com platform and learning system.

Does Excelsior take SL courses for any of their nursing credits?

I think you can transfer up to 7 credits from non academic if I remember correctly. But none of the NUR core can be transferred in for the ASN that I know of. I got 6 SL credits that came in and 7 from my CC. So I will have to or have already repeated around 12 credits for the core as most of my core was SL/SDC.
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP

I agree.  Study.com makes it kind of fun. I like the platform as well.
(12-08-2018, 08:25 PM)learflyer Wrote:

I agree.  Study.com makes it kind of fun. I like the platform as well.

The platform is decent, but Study.com has got to have the worst customer support I have experienced in a long time. I can never talk to anyone on the phone that is able to help me with a problem, and am forwarded to an email support team that is not located in the US or able to help resolve the problem. I am not one to complain much, but its quite frustrating when I am paying 200 dollars a month.
TESU - BALS 114/120
(12-12-2018, 01:13 PM)coldseal Wrote: The platform is decent, but Study.com has got to have the worst customer support I have experienced in a long time. I can never talk to anyone on the phone that is able to help me with a problem, and am forwarded to an email support team that is not located in the US or able to help resolve the problem. I am not one to complain much, but its quite frustrating when I am paying 200 dollars a month.

The odd part is that just maybe a year ago and prior to that, they had some of the BEST customer service, certainly more proactive than the other service providers we talk about here. But at some point within the past year it flipped, and we hear a lot of bad experiences now.

I don't know if they just grew too quick and their support just can't keep up, or if they changed something or what... But it's really unfortunate to go from such great service to such poor service. I hope they can turn it around, whatever the issue is.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(12-08-2018, 04:38 PM)Tedium Wrote: Just wanted to let any COSC students know that SDC is now transferring more LL Business courses as UL to COSC. This is exciting for me because they added the three courses I was going to take UEXCELs for. It may not be a huge deal for some, but I think it's great because they don't require the separate homework assignments for LL courses; just quizzes and the proctored final. That makes getting credit for each course even faster without having to worry about graders and rubrics getting mixed up. They may have done this for other subjects as well, but I have been focused on business courses, so I haven't been paying attention to the other subjects.

The ones I took notice of were:

Business 105: Labor Relations -> MGT 425 : Union & Labor Relations 3

Business 106: Human Resource Management -> HRM 310 : Human Resource Management 3

Business 107: Organizational Behavior -> MGT 315 : Organizational Behavior 3

and they were already offering:

Business 121: Introduction to Entrepreneurship -> MGT 350 : Entrepreneurship 3

Source: https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab

Now, if I could just find good, cheap substitutes for MGT 451: Team Leadership, Organizational Ethics, and Diversity in the Workplace I would totally go after the Organizational Leadership concentration...

Tedium,

I know that they count SDC Business 107 as a course equivalent for COSC MGT 315, but can you confirm on your transcript that it was for UL or that you received full credit for MGT 315. The only reason I ask is that Business 307 also translates to credit for MGT 315.

Thanks!
(02-12-2019, 08:59 PM)vpassenheim Wrote: Tedium,

I know that they count SDC Business 107 as a course equivalent for COSC MGT 315, but can you confirm on your transcript that it was for UL or that you received full credit for MGT 315. The only reason I ask is that Business 307 also translates to credit for MGT 315.

Thanks!

I can't confirm anything, except to say that COSC has several Study.com courses that duplicate each other.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,218 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,327 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,591 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,375 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 732 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 359 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Photo TADA Tier List of Certificates LevelUP 13 2,118 02-23-2024, 10:05 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,030 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,902 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 581 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle