Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Academy non-proctored courses
I have taken and passed a lot of Saylor Academy MOOC courses but I did not take proctored exam. Does anyone know which college will offer credit for non-proctored MOOC credits?
prettysmart Wrote:I have taken and passed a lot of Saylor Academy MOOC courses but I did not take proctored exam. Does anyone know which college will offer credit for non-proctored MOOC credits?

None? How would there even be a record?
Most colleges won't take credit for the proctored Saylor exams that are ACE- or NCCRS-recommended, so I would say that there aren't any who will take non-proctored MOOC courses for credit.

If any of these courses were ACE or NCCRS, I would suggest you go and take the proctored final and transfer to a school that accepts ACE credit of this kind. Otherwise, you just get to count it as knowledge gained for free.

prettysmart Wrote:I have taken and passed a lot of Saylor Academy MOOC courses but I did not take proctored exam. Does anyone know which college will offer credit for non-proctored MOOC credits?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

You missed the boat, Saylor had Brandman take 21 credits from them with just the non-proctored courses. Unfortunately, after a couple of months trial, they changed their regulations and only proctored exams are accepted. Fork over the $25/3 credits for the proctored exams as there are no other courses as cheap as this... well, not many.
Your only other options for cheap credits that aren't proctored would be ALEKS and Shmoop, ALEKS for math and Shmoop for English Lit/History/Math. You also have NFA, TEEX courses that are free...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for the quick reply. I took those Saylor courses more than a year ago and if I am going to take the proctor exam, I need to re-study and pay a lot of money. So I don't think I will take the exam.

So sorry that I miss the Brandman chance. But there is absolutely no other schools that will take non-orictored MOOC courses for credit?

BTW, I have taken all ALeks except Statistics and a lot of FEMA courses.
prettysmart Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. I took those Saylor courses more than a year ago and if I am going to take the proctor exam, I need to re-study and pay a lot of money. So I don't think I will take the exam.

So sorry that I miss the Brandman chance. But there is absolutely no other schools that will take non-orictored MOOC courses for credit?

BTW, I have taken all ALeks except Statistics and a lot of FEMA courses.

I think paying "a lot of money" is untrue. If you took 10 Saylor courses, that would be a value of about 30 credits for $250 total. I don't know where you can do better cost-wise.
cookderosa Wrote:I think paying "a lot of money" is untrue. If you took 10 Saylor courses, that would be a value of about 30 credits for $250 total. I don't know where you can do better cost-wise.

Don't cheap out on your education, you can try to find the cheapest/easiest/fastest way to get to your associates or bachelors, but don't screw yourself over.
Further to this, you're not paying a few thousand for your education. Take the Saylor courses all 20 of them for $25/3 credits, you won't find anything cheaper.

If you need, there's a free ethics course for 2 credits as well in addition to the ones I mentioned in my previous post. You can get an Associates from COSC with your FEMA.
Again, you are not being ripped off on education - compare yourself with the ones who are overpaying, you should be happy. Nothing in life is free but family love.

BTW, you should read the degreeforum.wikia.com wiki, and the Beginners Guide that's a sticky. Very helpful info indeed...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael Saylor Tax Evasion? eriehiker 20 2,507 03-12-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  81 Courses in 24 Hours Alpha 29 2,227 09-11-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Modern Languages Launches Online Language Courses LevelUP 0 462 07-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  National Academy of Sciences Award Alpha 0 439 01-31-2022, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Codeup acquires Rackspace's Cloud Academy bjcheung77 0 487 05-06-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Most fun/entertaining relevant courses rachel83az 11 1,632 04-06-2021, 02:09 PM
Last Post: jch
  Vested - Free online courses (orientations) bjcheung77 0 914 11-16-2020, 06:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Udemy Courses padma 3 1,850 03-03-2020, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Article: Moving From 5% to 85% Completion Rates for Online Courses PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 1 1,140 06-12-2019, 01:32 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Online courses are cost effective but detrimental to learning? shamin 14 2,869 04-03-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Post: ronaldemail1